40x loose Star wars figures and accessories 1977-85

RichardColeman

Youngling
Hi Guys,

Found these items in an old ice cream tub at my mum's house. She used to buy loads of toys from boot fairs and charity shops even after we had all moved out.

Had a vague idea that they might be valuable but had much more interest than I first anticipated. So I thought I would try and find out a bit more about the figures and see if any serious collectors were interested.

I am keen to avoid being seen as a one post wonder, so any questions please ask! I also hope I have given enough background detail.

The link is : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40x-Vintage-Lucas-Film-Figures-1977-85-vehicle-accessories-guns/163787064640?pageci=047a76dc-1531-4b84-ae98-47d87bbc8570

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Firstly, welcome.

Secondly, there'll be a lot of interest in this lot if those weapons are 100% legit.

Thirdly, you'd have been better coming here first asking for advice rather than listing it on ebay then 'phishing'. You'd have also been better selling on here individually as you'll get more than selling in bulk AND NO EBAY FEES!!! :D

My honest advice would be to pull your auction and post up on the valuation thread. You've not even mentioned Star Wars in your auction title and that will go against it although I suspect there'll have been quite a few collectors who will have seen it hoping to land a badly listed lot for next to nothing.

Other than that, good luck with the sale, pretty sure it'll go for a pretty sum now.

UKS

Jedi Knight
Yeah pull the auction, get the valuations helped out with in the valuation forum and then resist individually under proper names etc.

(You will probably end up listing the painted rubbish ones as a cheap lot - but some of them should be worth more than you'd get like that)

You may even get some sales here without fees and with a non dodgy buyer!

UKS

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Agree with the others. Also it's unlikely anyone is going to want all this for a collection, especially on here. Someone will buy it, pair up figures with weapons and sell it all individually. Why don't you be the one to do it? If a few of those small blasters are the black versions you could have some good value there. I would at least find out if the accessories are genuine, do some research and revise your listing or you could have problems from buyers. If you can't be bothered you'll prob still get a fair sum but not as much. Good luck.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
The figures that will be of greatest value and interest to potential buyers are the Last 17 items and in particular Luke Poncho, Imperial Gunner, Lando General, A-Wing Pilot and Amanaman. The value is in the weapons there.

If you are able to confirm originality the value of your list should increase greatly. As mentioned the weapons look metallic or like they have been painted but I expect that this could just be the lighting.

Clear shots of the Palace and Endor Blasters (small black weapons) would be of great use to your listing, as would confirming if the weapons float or sink in the float test.

The following site would be of great use to you:
https://www.imperialgunnery.com/floatdroplighttest.htm

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
sparkysx said:
shame about the 'artwork' on anamanam and the imperial dignitary.
Do you think?
I thought it made Amanaman look like big bird :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
sparkysx said:
shame about the 'artwork' on anamanam and the imperial dignitary.
Do you think?
I thought it made Amanaman look like big bird :lol:

Amanaman is qaulity and Imperial Dignitary essential in any battle.

RichardColeman

Youngling
Sorry for any phishing, just listed it and then did a bit of research after being offered 300 for it...
I'm guessing that it could be worth more than that based on what you have all said?
Will do the float test... seriously thinking about pulling the auction and asking for further advice on here... would anyone else advise doing this?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I see you have ended the auction, if you want max money you need to brake the items up. I would say you have about £300 worth if you did that. Give or take a bit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom