THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 62 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
62face.jpg

Episode 62 features an interview with not one but two collectors and traders. joining Stuart and Richard is Richard Temple and Ben Potter, owners of Toys of Tatooine. The lads discuss trading, collecting, oddball items as well as delving into numerous finds including a 380 Logray MOC find.

Rebel Briefings sees Rich tackle all the important issues from around the hobby over the last four weeks. He takes us through a look at Modern pre-Production Items, Shill bidding accounts which were recently exposed, asks the question whether grading companies are favourable to repeat customers and we say a sad farewell to one of the podcast team.

Jez blows us away with the by far the longest Newest Acquisitions ever, a hole host of items are discussed, from helix Pencil Sharpeners to an array of MOCs. he then delves into an in depth look at cardbacks and finally rounds off the section with a look at the X-Wing where the Rebel Alliance drop by to help out.

Pete continues the X-Wing loving in Beyond the Newest Acquisitions, so many non toy items feature the x-wing, what will the big man pick out to discuss?

As well as all this we have the usual quizzes, hear about the disappointment of no summer Farthest From and take a look at a diorama that has been built using an old playset base. All this plus much much more on this months Vintage Rebellion.

Enjoy the show!!!

SHOW CONTENTS
0. 04. 23 TVR team acquisitions
0. 23. 53. No summer Farthest From!
0. 34. 45. Congratulations to Chive Cast Skye Paine
0. 35. 05. TVR now available on Spotify
0. 35. 35. Dioramas using recycled parts
0. 45. 05. Quiz
1. 15. 02. Rebel Briefings
1. 15. 57. Modern Preproduction
1. 28. 06. Shill Bidding exposed
1. 53. 01. Do grading companies favour repeat customers?
2. 01. 27. Podcast departure
2. 15. 10. Interview with Richard Temple and Ben Potter
3. 20. 15. Newest Acquisitions
4. 02. 33. Cardbacks (part of NA)
4. 44. 03. x-Wing (part of NA) (joined by Chris G from Vintage Alliance)
5. 41. 11. Beyond the Newest Acquisitions
6. 04. 19. Star Wars Tracker Top 5
6. 05. 55. Going for Gold Leader
6. 11. 41. Feedback
6. 54. 13. Out takes

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks for another nice episode.

It was great to put voices to the Toys Of Tattooine guys, being exactly the sort of collector who gets as much joy from the supposed tat ( their words ) as that Vader MOC I just can't justify.

Goodbye to Jez. I'll be lost without those soothing descriptions of vintage toys. I'm still hoping for a Relaxion CD that features nothing but Jez reading playset boxes. All the very best in all you do.

Declan.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
chipsteak said:
Thanks for another nice episode.

It was great to put voices to the Toys Of Tattooine guys, being exactly the sort of collector who gets as much joy from the supposed tat ( their words ) as that Vader MOC I just can't justify.

Goodbye to Jez. I'll be lost without those soothing descriptions of vintage toys. I'm still hoping for a Relaxion CD that features nothing but Jez reading playset boxes. All the very best in all you do.

Declan.
Nooooooooooo, what about the spolier alert!

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Great episode as always fantastic job. It's a real shame about farthest from this August I don't get involved in the social night out but have attented them all over the last 3 years and it's a great show and the Saturday fun day I have bought my kids too a few times. Good luck with your new job roll jez and congrats.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
About halfway through- superb as always, guys 8) Jez, you will be SORELY missed :( Totally understand your reasoning though mate and you've had an excellent innings!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Guys as per usual another great listen so many thanks for that.

Really enjoyed the main interview and was happy to join the "Toys of Tatooine" group :)

Jez, v sorry to hear your going and will miss your contributions to the show but I really admire all u do and may God b with u when ur back in the field. Take care pal.
Thanks for the LA mention, I really should have told the whole story of that pick up on here, it's told on the Palitoy group on FB, check it out as it's quite a little tale :!:

Rich, the grading talk was v interesting and equally worrying :!: Me personally, have never had anything grade higher than it should-in fact I have found I have been on the receiving end of a harsh grade a couple of times imo which I guess is good from a point of view of keeping the bar high but I am not a big time dealer :roll:

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Half way through, can't believe Jez is off! Good luck with your adventures, thanks for all the hard work over the years!

Really hope Dave gets his Mojo back with Farthest From, such a great event, would be sorely missed if it disappeared for good.

Richard Temple and Ben Potter Are nice guys, met them at a couple of Echo's. Ben has an incredibly loud laugh. He was in the hotel room next to me at Reddicth, I heard him laughing coming back from the pub at 2am, then laughing at 6 am on his way out to set up his stall. They have some cracking stuff on their stall.

Have a great time at your Reading weekend. Unfortunately I can't make it.

All the best lads. Thanks for the work.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Have just finished listening to the X-Wing segment and I loved it 8). I also never had an X-Wing as a kid but remember it well as my friends had them. So like u Jez, one of the first pieces I bought when I got back into vintage SW was an X-Wing! I even bought a POTF 2 X-Wing which at the time was well chuffed about :!:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Absolutely loved this episode; one of the best interviews in ages; I was totally absorbed by it and actually listened to it twice! What a couple of great lads, Rich Temple and Ben Potter were ok too.

X-wing chat was great to hear, a fan favourite for sure and an absolute cultural icon in its own right too. That there are so many variants to see/hear was fascinating stuff.

UKS

Jedi Knight
Great episode - seen me through a suddenly very wet Cornish break!

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I really enjoyed this episode, some great banter and all the sections were excellent. The main interview was really good, Richard and Ben are great guys and top sellers, and it was good to learn a bit more about them and their collecting journeys. The X-Wing feature was a good round up, I never knew there were that many box variations! The cardback discussion was also well worth a listen, and a good quiz as well.

My contribution to the Beyond the Newest Acquisitions would be the 1978 Letraset ring binder, great image of the X-wing on the front...
C111E6CA-7A81-43D1-934B-5A26375BCF44.jpeg

The only downside is that Jez is leaving, very sad news but good luck to you buddy, sounds like a great career opportunity and no doubt we'll still see plenty of you on the forum, FB, and at events. Thanks for your brilliant contributions to the podcast, it's always been a pleasure listening to you, and you'll be well missed. Cheers!

As ever, one episode down, and already looking forward to the next one :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just finished the last episode, and what a rollercoaster it was!

...."Good evening Stu...Good evening Lads....Good evening everyone"...

I won't be alone in saying how we will miss that intro on so many past TVR podcasts.
We know from past experience that's it's never really goodbye and I am already looking forward to when Jez has the time to return for the odd episode in the near future.
He may have been the butt of jokes and mostly came last in all the quizzes :wink: , but hey someone has too...and he took it with good grace, most of the time! :lol:
I'm know that he will be missed by us listeners and also by his co presenters which you could tell by the fabulous montage at the end of the show, absolutely brilliant and heartfelt.
Jez, good luck with your future endeavours, you deserve it and stay safe. 8)

On a brighter note, the idea to replace Jez, if that is possible :wink: , with five rotating presenters is an great idea and will add variety, which should be fun.
I wonder which of the past presenters will return.... :?

This months show was well up there amongst the best with one of the best conceived quizzes ever, a very interesting interview with the guys from Tat, a full run down of NA and great discussion topics in Rebel briefings.

Sad news about the Summer FF, hopefully it will be back and better than ever, but sorry to say...."I get a bad feeling about this"...time will tell and I hope that I'm wrong. :cry:

Already looking forward to the next show, so will end this ramble with...Thanks. :D

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
This week I have done a return trip from Brighton to Sheffield, and STILL haven't managed to listen to the full episode :lol:

Really enjoyed the NA section about the X-Wing, it could have been a podcast on its own!

Jez

Sith Lord
Good evening Stu, Good Evening Lads, Good evening everyone.

So many comments for this monster of an episode, thank you so much.
It really was a beast but it does appear that all sections were really appreciated. I do recognise that at over 2hrs 15 minutes the NA section could have been a podcast in it's own right but we really wanted to do justice to the X-Wing and I also wanted to give the cardbacks a section of their own.

Extra thanks to all of the guys who have commented about me leaving below:

chipsteak said:
Declan.

Declan thanks very much mate :lol: . I certainly hope to return one day. Not sure about the CD, but if it happens, i'll let you know!

Stubbs said:
Good luck with your new job roll jez and congrats.

Thank you my friend.

Cazza said:
About halfway through- superb as always, guys 8) Jez, you will be SORELY missed :( Totally understand your reasoning though mate and you've had an excellent innings!

Thank you Cazza matey. I've had a blast.

palitoyjunky said:
Jez, v sorry to hear your going and will miss your contributions to the show but I really admire all u do and may God b with u when ur back in the field. Take care pal.

Thank you Jon mate. I really appreciate that.

Darth Bobby said:
Half way through, can't believe Jez is off! Good luck with your adventures, thanks for all the hard work over the years!

Thank you. Yes, more adventures to come. Look back on a life and be glad that you've really lived!!

AndyPreston said:
The only downside is that Jez is leaving, very sad news but good luck to you buddy, sounds like a great career opportunity and no doubt we'll still see plenty of you on the forum, FB, and at events. Thanks for your brilliant contributions to the podcast, it's always been a pleasure listening to you, and you'll be well missed. Cheers!

Thanks Andy, thanks for everything you've done for me and the star wars collecting community :)

Mini99 said:
Just finished the last episode, and what a rollercoaster it was!

...."Good evening Stu...Good evening Lads....Good evening everyone"...

I won't be alone in saying how we will miss that intro on so many past TVR podcasts.
We know from past experience that's it's never really goodbye and I am already looking forward to when Jez has the time to return for the odd episode in the near future.
He may have been the butt of jokes and mostly came last in all the quizzes :wink: , but hey someone has too...and he took it with good grace, most of the time! :lol:
I'm know that he will be missed by us listeners and also by his co presenters which you could tell by the fabulous montage at the end of the show, absolutely brilliant and heartfelt.
Jez, good luck with your future endeavours, you deserve it and stay safe. 8)

What a lovely post, thank you so much Nick :)

Being asked to be on the SWFUK Podcast which ultimately morphed into our own independent labour of love has been epic.
The guys are truly brothers to me and I will most definitely miss working on this project with them. I sincerely hope that one day the stars will be in alignment and i'll be back on the show in one form or another.
Until then, MTFBWY.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Another lovely long listen! Jez, sorry to hear you are 'stepping down' but your reasons are 100% understandable, and if I was a pilot under your command I'd much rather you had all your attention on me than on Luke X-Wing Pilot :D . You did get gipped on that green accessories question though - R2 Pop-Up Saber has ALL green accessories so surely that's the winning answer, c'mon Stu have a heart and issue a full and complete public apology!!

Rich and Ben were entertaining but also the cagiest interviewees I've ever listened to! Stu was trying to get them to tell what their latest stock was but they weren't having it, and I have no idea why - but maybe it was a good tactic because now I really want to know and will have a look at their site!

Keep up the good work guys, I look forward to the next one...

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Another cracking show lads. A lot of people have no idea how much hard work, time and effort is put into each show, I just want to say a massive thank you for creating something that I look forward to and something I think has become essential listening to for anyone collecting vintage Star Wars stuff - As someone who works alone in an office, having each show on in whilst I work and listening to the banter makes it feel a little less lonely - hats off lads.

Jez: You'll be sorely missed mate. I've had the pleasure of working with you on the Stormtrooper Run, hooking up at FF and Echo Live, and listening to your dulcit tones on the podcast. Your contribution to the collecting community is vast and I've never heard anyone have a bad word for you, you're one of the good guys.

All the best mate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom