New retroline.......

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
jayums said:
Think I read somewhere the release date for wave 1 is end of August. However there are rumblings this might change (possibly delayed).

They have been released in some stores in Australia already by all accounts so probably easier to get there than they are here?

The stock levels in Target stores seems pretty healthy stateside now, so I wouldn't be tempted to pay scalper prices for them.
Star Action Figures has these as August release date and a set of 6 for £54.95 + postage.
https://www.staractionfigures.co.uk/E6255.html

Crumm

Padawan
Richard_H said:
These are genuine not the imported stock. Anything from £61-65 for the 6.

Where did you see these?

All the U.K. ones I have seen are pre-order for August (Forbidden planet even says September 12th, maybe they know something no-one else does?).

Richard_H

Grand Master
Automatic Comics in Corsham sent a link round on FB as did another online company I forget the name of at the moment. Run by Matt Booker. I declined because I'm losing faith with Hasbro and expect these to be FS for £5 in the next few months anyway. Perhaps I have this wrong but there was no mention of pre-orders in either listing.

jayums

Jedi Master
Hi all,

Picked up some retro collection stormies on eBay for army building from a seller in the Philippines. Some had minor paint errors (nothing that couldn't be scraped off easily) so possibly B-stock etc

However I noticed the figures don't have the very obvious additional 'C' code stamp on the right leg, so thought I'd flag this up with you lot.

See photo.

Attachments

• 2BAD9028-E043-43A4-90E1-1F9A86769F55.jpeg
    2BAD9028-E043-43A4-90E1-1F9A86769F55.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,409

jayums

Jedi Master
Another heads up for vintage loose collectors - the blaster does not have a number printed on it either like the official one I picked up from the States.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
I've seen that seller on eBay. Keeps relisting the Retro figures.

Is this going to be a case of Repro of Repro ?

jayums

Jedi Master
Yep, it could get very confusing!

Both mine were identical to the US version I picked up besides a splash of black paint where it shouldn't be. No big deal but enough to get them plucked out at the quality control stage I'm guessing. The excess paint was removed very easily.

Assuming the black c number on the back of the leg is the final part of the manufacturing process and these figures never made it far?

The blaster is curious. It is identical to the US version but is missing the small embossed number. I had assumed the number would be part of the blaster mould. Surely it isn't added later in the manufacturing process?! Odd how it is missing.

I thought that I'd flag these differences up as they are effectively two supposed 'tells' which don't apply to these eBay imports.

Kadie D

I really want these. I am slowly working through the Black Series 6" to do the 12 back poses as on the wonderful header on this forum (not creeping, always loved the artwork and the info on the figures! I am going to repaint the Death Squad Commander and make new lightsabres.) Then when I have purchased the 1/72nd Bandai Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon, hopefully by the middle of next month! Then it will be a case of saving like mad again for the new retro figures. It`s a shame we won`t have the Palitoy logo on the boxes then again I guess we are lucky to have them at all!

poncho

Grand Master
jayums said:
Another heads up for vintage loose collectors - the blaster does not have a number printed on it either like the official one I picked up from the States.
I bought the tarkin from that philipines seller and my blaster had a number on it

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Are the bubbles the same size/shape as he originals Obviiusly the insert is there but are the bubbles the same?

jayums

Jedi Master
Blaster - had another good look at mine and can't see it. Maybe a fluke mine had no number, or maybe I mixed it up with another one?? Although the eBay seller is listed as the Philippines the package arrived via Hong Kong so no doubt these loose versions 'escaped' the factory somehow.

The bubbles are flimsy and not the same size as original. And they have a tray inside which holds it all together. The cards are okay, but it all feels cheap and disposable, rather than something collectors would really like. I hear they are discounted in target, and I do think these should be 6-7 quid when they get here, not 10. Perhaps best to wait for discounts.

The figures are very good imo. I know tarkin divides opinion on the mould, but I think he looks terrific and fits in with the originals. I gather the sales have been really strong so am sure wave 2 will come next year.
I'd prefer them to focus on figures not previously made in the Kenner style, but if it completes the first 12 could be great for army building with those Jawas, sand people, and death squad commanders. Hopefully they will have the good sense to make a rebel alliance trooper too.

Dantooine

Padawan
i just got the Death Star board game with Tarkin delivered from Star Action Figures.

Unfortunately the figure has that piece of paper from Hasbro stuck inside the bubble. It's not behind the figure, it's curled up in a "U" shape along the bottom and sides between the outer and inner bubble.

I may cancel the other 6 as I'm guessing they will all have the same paper. On the back of the box it has the Hasbro Amsterdam address. Looking at it in person I'm a bit underwhelmed with the Tarkin. I think my custom is better :D

jayums

Jedi Master
It's a shame because otherwise the euro card looks a tad better without the codes / age stuff at the top. I'm glad I opted for the import version.

Either way, the cards are fairly crap for display. It's amazing how hasbro have gone to the trouble of making these, but can't get simple things right which would broaden their appeal to collectors.

I still think the figures themselves are decent enough loose, but not really worth a tenner a pop. I hope they finish the first 12 and call it a day, then focus on unproduced figures in a retro style.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Dantooine said:
i just got the Death Star board game with Tarkin delivered from Star Action Figures.

Unfortunately the figure has that piece of paper from Hasbro stuck inside the bubble. It's not behind the figure, it's curled up in a "U" shape along the bottom and sides between the outer and inner bubble.

I may cancel the other 6 as I'm guessing they will all have the same paper. On the back of the box it has the Hasbro Amsterdam address. Looking at it in person I'm a bit underwhelmed with the Tarkin. I think my custom is better :D

Hiya Dan, post office just informed me my Death Star game will be delivered today. Going to have a look at Tarkin but am thinking of cancelling the other 6. The information sheet is a bad idea. Totally ruined it.

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I got my board game yesterday. I have to confess I've not opened it but it does look like mine has the bit of paper inside as well

Palifan

Sith Lord
Alisdairmac said:
I got my board game yesterday. I have to confess I've not opened it but it does look like mine has the bit of paper inside as well

This is really sad news to hear about the Europe release of these figures. I can see why people are thinking about pulling their orders of them as it really does ruin the feel of them. I'll still keep mine but I'm thinking that this will be the last ones I get. Its seems little point in making something that has a vintage look and then doing this to it. :roll:

Ian

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
My game arrived and I've opened it up. Can't believe how bad the Tarkin MOC is, flimsy card, badly printed and the information leaflet crammed in the bottom. A real shame as the game and box are lovely. Cancelled my order for the other 6, was really looking forward to getting them but the card is so bad. I think I'm done with modern Star Wars, it's just more clutter.

jayums

Jedi Master
I picked up a few of the UK versions and my cards
even have tiny marks on the image that the import version doesn't have (Must be a printing issue as identical). Regardless they really are a bit ****. The figure is decent though. I'm trying to cancel my pre-order for the other six too, but haven't heard back yet. Feel a bit sorry for the seller as suspect quite a lot of people won't want them with the silly info sheet inside the bubble.

Conversely I picked up one of those funky SDCC prototype Vaders. Didn't really want it all that much from the pics online, but in hand, the card is lovely. Feels like a premium product in terms of packaging. It's a real shame they didn't make the retro collection with the same care.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom