Saturday 3rd August 2019 - Star Wars shenanigans in Reading

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Hi All,

A group of us are heading over to the Reading area on 3rd of August for a little bit of a good old fashioned catch up. Our itinerary isn't nailed on yet but we'll probably meet up around lunch time (details to follow), visit a couple of vintage shops in Reading, go out for a curry (or something else) in the evening, have a few beers and then back to the hotel for some potentially drunken room sales (a la Celebrations of old).

We're staying at the Reading Central Premier Inn (https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/berkshire/reading/reading-central.html) and it'd be great if you'd be up for joining us!

Details of who is going and what we're doing will be added shortly but I wanted to get the date out there first and foremost; check back here for info.

Cheers!

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Just adding a bit of scope to this event.

We're planning on meeting around lunch time at Greenham Common, you can walk part of Greenham Common but the main filming site isn't available to walk through. Jez is trying to work it out to see if we can gain access, if not we will be trying to wing it.

We'll then be heading on to Reading, two vintage type shops to visit (no guarantee of Star Wars but worth a try). Then onto hotel to check in; hotel we're booked into is at the following link.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.premierinn.com%2Fgb%2Fen%2Fhotels%2Fengland%2Fberkshire%2Freading%2Freading-central.html%3Fcid%3DKNC_Brn%257C_G_UK_UK_Eng_Enc_Brand%2520Destinations_LO_Berkshire_EX%26mckv%3DsTAXFLEIr_dm%257Cpcrid%257C212509048989%257Ckword%257Cpremier%2520inn%2520reading%257Cmatch%257Ce%257Cplid%257C%257Cpgrid%257C45371029419%257Cptaid%257Ckwd-296887710162%257C%26gclid%3DEAIaIQobChMI1K-Fosig4wIV14TVCh2uSwNNEAAYASAAEgLqn_D_BwE%26fbclid%3DIwAR3iFzMux9cJfXGo4OSh1vqlikyWzcNNtMBkhwAuj88V8_zenvG4vzBqMcw&h=AT3iBvzV8Ba9iLeEH50vtzJuEP_DunFjPR1VUzcAohPiwtn2foG0kxZA3_ubDGpEfGxPMJSbor0wZHyO73zVLe1eacWTVpQwxaQJY8PQAVoI_14Y_gjEyH8chd89Jq7n5d4

We'll then be heading out into Reading for food, drinks and Star Wars chat and generally a good laugh and get together.

Back to hotel after we've all had our fill where we will have a mini room sales with items people have bought along.

If you fancy joining us hook up with someone or book a room alone at the above hotel. Will be a good evening.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
We've got a message thread going on Facebook if anyone wants to join it let me know and I can add you in.

So far we have 8 booked into the hotel and two others in the group who I believe are booking a room as well.

List so far;

Stuart
Jez
Richard
Pete
Grant
LOM (Martin)
Jason
Nick S
Ben
Dan

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Gutted I can't make this, wife is selfishly going to the cricket so I have the kids :(

Have a good one guys!

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
roundster said:
Gutted I can't make this, wife is selfishly going to the cricket so I have the kids :(

Have a good one guys!

Are you getting the ironing done whilst your wifes out on the lash?

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Stuart Skinner said:
roundster said:

Have a good one guys!

Are you getting the ironing done whilst your wifes out on the lash?

And the hoovering :wink: :lol:

itsatrap

Youngling
Is this open to anybody? I'm afraid I'm a lurker. I do like Star Wars though! And beer!

Either way, I live in Reading and I know Greenham Common well, if you want any advice?

Cheers,
Marek

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Scarifpacific said:
I'm quite tempted to go as I only live down the road and I've got this Saturday off.

Mate be great to see you buddy, nothing better than chatting star wars and drinking cocktails :D

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
itsatrap said:
Is this open to anybody? I'm afraid I'm a lurker. I do like Star Wars though! And beer!

Either way, I live in Reading and I know Greenham Common well, if you want any advice?

Cheers,
Marek

Of course, I probably won't know more details until Friday but a meet up is definitely happening, if you PM your phone number I can let you know details Friday. Be good to meet you mate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom