SWTOTW, Week 26, 2019, Part 2/2 Imperial Shuttle Vehicle

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
OK, here's mine. It's not as lovely as yours, Lars, but I'm not complaining either. Mine's a Palitoy example bought from Jim Stevenson back in the 90's, so I've had it a while.

The Imperial Shuttle really is a beautiful ship, IMHO. I loved the design from the first time I saw it in Jedi, and I love it still. An elegant, almost delicate design. I'm still staggered that Kenner made one for the 4 inch line, all the more so as it came out as the line's popularity was starting to wane. Yes, like many Kenner ships it's grotesquely undersized of course, but let's face it, they really didn't do a bad job with this one! It looks like it's supposed to, and the fact they even incorporated the moving wings still brings a smile to my face today! :-D

Imperial Whopper - 01.jpg

Imperial Whopper - 02.jpg

Imperial Whopper - 03.jpg

Imperial Whopper - 04.jpg

Imperial Whopper - 05.jpg

Imperial Whopper - 06.jpg

Wow nice shuttle, I only thought there was kenner shuttles, nice to know there is also a palitoy shuttle, very cool 8) I agree kenner did a great job with the shuttle :D Thanks for sharing it :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Dr_Ball_MD said:
39880589434_b696da9a1e_c.jpg

Wow another great shuttle, thanks for sharing it :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
A fantastic armada of Shuttles guys all in amazing condition.
Not a yellow one to be seen!
I love this ships design but it's too big for my collection space I'm afraid, so I'm unable to add to this one.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Alisdairmac said:
Pomse2001 said:
Here are my Shuttle

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

041.jpg

05.jpg
Lovely. Would like to get one someday but no sure what I'd sacrifice to make a space for it!

Thanks mate, well buy one, when you have it, then you find the room. I still find room for new things that I buy. Then I begin to look at my other items that I never use and put them up for sale. Last year I started to sell most of my new line star wars, I have not looked at them for 10 years and they did not mean anything to me anymore so out with them. Today I found a 4 slice toaster in a kitchen closet, I have had it for years and never used it, why then keep it, now that one is also for sale and the other day I found an electric knife in a box in the kitchen, I have had it for 20 years and never used it, that one is also for sale now :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
A fantastic armada of Shuttles guys all in amazing condition.
Not a yellow one to be seen!
I love this ships design but it's too big for my collection space I'm afraid, so I'm unable to add to this one.

Thanks mate for the kind words, sorry to read that it is to big for your collection space :(

UKS

Jedi Knight
I'm not sure why I never got a shuttle. I wasn't hugely into vehicles (which is why I never bought the cheap B-wings in ASDA!) but it seems like an obvious late SW xmas present from my parents. They had done AT-AT and Falcon in consecutive years, then an X-Wing and Tie Interceptor...

Though thinking about it, I am not sure I actually saw it in our local ASDA (and frankly if it wasn't there or the shopping catalogue, I wouldn't have got it anyway)

coomber75

Sith Lord
ok guys this ones a strange one for me, and id love to hear thoughts this ship seems to stir up a whole load of emotions and commands a hefty price... just wondering why so much love for it... iconic scene that it ws in....????
that said foljs the ones here do lookm great :D

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Ruby2511 said:
Nice examples lads, this ship is on my wishlist :lol:

Thanks for sharing 8)

Thanks mate, maybe santa have one for you next christmas :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Think I have to be extra good to get me one of those :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
coomber75 said:
ok guys this ones a strange one for me, and id love to hear thoughts this ship seems to stir up a whole load of emotions and commands a hefty price... just wondering why so much love for it... iconic scene that it ws in....????

I think it is a cool ship and I remember it from some fantastic scenes in ROTJ, when vader came to the new death star and later the emperor. Also the rebels used the shuttle to land on endor and the empire used the shuttle to transport vader to endor and later vader and luke back to the death star. But the most fantastic scene for me is when the emperor came to death star, to see the shuttle land and the huge army waiting for him, awesome.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Finally have a box for my IS

Attachments

• 20190801_162803.jpg
    20190801_162803.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 462
  • 20190801_162807.jpg
    20190801_162807.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 462
  • 20190801_162757.jpg
    20190801_162757.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 460

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
coomber75 said:
I have no memory of this existing as a toy when I was a child but I'd still love to get one as it's just such a cool ship and is awesome in the film

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom