SWTOTW, Week 4, 2019, Part 2/2 Barada

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Barada:

Another production error just like 4-Lom, Zuckuss and Warok Tri-logo :lol: Cardback is Barada but figure is Kithaba :shock: :lol:
So I choose to share the pictures of Kithaba for this thread :lol:

Barada.jpg

barada1.jpg

Barada2.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
This is one that I can add to.
This is currently for sale if any one is interested....cheers. :roll:

Attachments

• 7A3E71FC-2D4D-4927-A3C0-272BD59FA783.jpeg
    7A3E71FC-2D4D-4927-A3C0-272BD59FA783.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,554

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:

Wow nice moc, thanks for sharing it mate :wink:

Sorry, if it had been a tri-logo then I would maybe buy it, but I do not collect potf moc :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Another production error just like 4-Lom, Zuckuss and Warok Tri-logo :lol: Cardback is Barada but figure is Kithaba :shock: :lol:

Barada.jpg

barada1.jpg

Barada2.jpg

I don't think you mean Warok, Lars. Surely you mean Paploo and Romba? Romba had Paploo's picture on his Tri-logo cardback, and Paploo had Romba's picture on both his Tri-logo and POTF cardbacks ;-)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
And so it's now time for Barada, is it? OK then, Lars!

I know he's a last 15 / 17 figure, but I've always been a little disappointed by the sculpt Kenner gave Barada. With his bow legs, he looks like he's spent all day riding a bantha, and his arm pose makes him look like he should be carrying a barrel sideways. And the less said about the piss-poor green blob that passes for his head, the better! :lol:

Criticism of 34 year-old sculpts aside however, I do still like Barada. I like the fact that he's got a bit of colour to him, and along with Amanaman, EV-9D9, the A-Wing Pilot and the Imperial Suppository, sorry Dignitary, the last 17 really leap out at you from the cabinet / shelf / desktop with their bright colours, and catch your eye like nothing else in the vintage line.

Alright waffle over, here's mine; a POTF MOC and a loose:

Klaatu, Kithaba, Nikto - 01.jpg

Klaatu, Kithaba, Nikto - 02.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
A nice example, Nick. Sorry to hear you're letting it go, but best of luck with the sale :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:
A nice example, Nick. Sorry to hear you're letting it go, but best of luck with the sale :)
Thanks, you don't want another do you? :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:
Mini99 said:
Thanks, you don't want another do you? :wink:
I could start a POTF Barada MOC focus! Collect every hole-punch variant available ;-)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
What a great idea, you wouldn't have a lot of competition and it wouldn't take long to get a "full" run. :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Barada.jpg

barada1.jpg

Barada2.jpg

I don't think you mean Warok, Lars. Surely you mean Paploo and Romba? Romba had Paploo's picture on his Tri-logo cardback, and Paploo had Romba's picture on both his Tri-logo and POTF cardbacks ;-)

My mistake, you are correct :oops:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
And so it's now time for Barada, is it? OK then, Lars!

I know he's a last 15 / 17 figure, but I've always been a little disappointed by the sculpt Kenner gave Barada. With his bow legs, he looks like he's spent all day riding a bantha, and his arm pose makes him look like he should be carrying a barrel sideways. And the less said about the piss-poor green blob that passes for his head, the better! :lol:

Criticism of 34 year-old sculpts aside however, I do still like Barada. I like the fact that he's got a bit of colour to him, and along with Amanaman, EV-9D9, the A-Wing Pilot and the Imperial Suppository, sorry Dignitary, the last 17 really leap out at you from the cabinet / shelf / desktop with their bright colours, and catch your eye like nothing else in the vintage line.

Alright waffle over, here's mine; a POTF MOC and a loose:

Klaatu, Kithaba, Nikto - 01.jpg

Klaatu, Kithaba, Nikto - 02.jpg

Wow nice figure and also a great moc, thanks for sharing them :D

About the legs, I agree they look he's spent all day riding a bantha :lol: But I like the arms :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Here is my collection of barada

coin.jpg

P1180001.JPG

P1180015.JPG

P1180016.JPG
Nice collection, Lars. Are the two loose figures different COOs?

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks mate for the very kind words, yes the coo is a little different as far as I know there are 2 different 85 coo and one 84 coo, I have the 2 85 coo :D I am not sure, but normally when there is 2 of the first then there is also 2 of the other, so there is a good chance that there is also 2 different 84 coo out there.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Here is my collection of barada

coin.jpg

P1180001.JPG

P1180015.JPG

P1180016.JPG

Thanks mate for the very kind words, yes the coo is a little different as far as I know there are 2 different 85 coo and one 84 coo, I have the 2 85 coo :D I am not sure, but normally when there is 2 of the first then there is also 2 of the other, so there is a good chance that there is also 2 different 84 coo out there.
That's interesting, thanks for the info. I was aware of there being an 84 COO, but I don't think I've ever seen one, let alone two :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

That's interesting, thanks for the info. I was aware of there being an 84 COO, but I don't think I've ever seen one, let alone two :D

I have seen one, but I would not paid the money seller asked for it :( But I hope I find one for a better price :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom