This is getting ridiculous destruction.of.vintage.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
So I stumbled on the below photo on Ebay this morning. ****ing R2D2 legs for sale. How many vintage figures have been ripped.part for that. This is getting ****ing pathetic now.and this combined with destruction of vintage vehicles for spare parts is seriously damaging this hobby. I've seen Falcon screws, R2 body screws and half decent vehicles that have been taken apart. This is as bad for.this hobby as repro are IMO. We are giving new collectors **** all, because so many things are being destroyed. I don't buy into the idea that people complete their incomplete pieces so it must be a good.thing idea, this is pure greed and ignorance towards this hobby.

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 867

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Totally agree Lee. I have seen quite a few Falcons that have been stripped for cash. It is very sad that pure greed is the factor in most of the cases.

Even selling the screws is extreme.

I am quite new to collecting myself and am finding it difficult to get some decent vehicles due to them being parted out. An AT AT and snowspeeder being examples.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Agree completely, Unfortunately I'm starting to get completely priced out of collecting vintage and now only limiting myself to purchasing from forum members and finding the odd loose figure at bootsales.

Sad really, started to really enjoy collecting again but starting to wonder if Ill switch back to modern....

jayums

Jedi Master
Are they definitely vintage? I heard that there are reproduction R2 limbs out there, believe it or not.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Sundancer Squadron said:
Agree completely, Unfortunately I'm starting to get completely priced out of collecting vintage and now only limiting myself to purchasing from forum members and finding the odd loose figure at bootsales.

Sad really, started to really enjoy collecting again but starting to wonder if Ill switch back to modern....

I'm considering collecting potf2 moc's as opposed to loose vintage for the same reasons.

stu70

Padawan
That seller also has R2 bodies with repro stickers and the clicking mechanisms for sale, as well as periscopes, so it definitely looks like he's stripping R2's down, his line in one of his listings is "Restore your vintage star wars figures they deserve it!!." So you restore your vintage figure by destroying another one, yeah that makes great sense :?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
stu70 said:
" So you restore your vintage figure by destroying another one, yeah that makes great sense :?
Unfortunately it does make financial sense...that's what the world has come to, not only this hobby! :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom