Lost And Found

tobeshadow

Padawan
My parents have been revamping the garden in the house I grew up in, so I asked them to fill a pot with any piece of random looking plastic they might find, hoping of course that they might stumble on a lost trove of vintage weapons or vehicle parts! I went to see them today, and alas what they'd found was mostly broken bits of flower pots and garden tools, and the severed leg from a Batman figure, but hidden amongst the debris were these two beauties!

1_zpstbdpqjde.jpg

One right landing gear from an ISP-6 Minirig and the visor from an Action Force Muton figure, rather scuffed up but in surprisingly good condition for 30+ years outdoors! Not the most exciting pieces in the world I know, but something incredibly satisfying about putting childhood originals back into my collection, however battered and bent out of shape they are! My parents got to have a good laugh at my excitement over random plastic too!

2_zpsm6fdilxr.jpg

I know there is more stuff hidden out there, so I suspect my parent's garden will soon look like the dig site in Raiders Of The Lost Ark!
Good hunting all! :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Congratulations in finding those missing pieces, goes to show how long plastic will last out side with out deteriorating.
But I would keep it quiet or those that believe in the Palitoy Landfill will be round... :lol:

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
tobeshadow said:
My parents have been revamping the garden in the house I grew up in, so I asked them to fill a pot with any piece of random looking plastic they might find, hoping of course that they might stumble on a lost trove of vintage weapons or vehicle parts! I went to see them today, and alas what they'd found was mostly broken bits of flower pots and garden tools, and the severed leg from a Batman figure, but hidden amongst the debris were these two beauties!

1_zpstbdpqjde.jpg

One right landing gear from an ISP-6 Minirig and the visor from an Action Force Muton figure, rather scuffed up but in surprisingly good condition for 30+ years outdoors! Not the most exciting pieces in the world I know, but something incredibly satisfying about putting childhood originals back into my collection, however battered and bent out of shape they are! My parents got to have a good laugh at my excitement over random plastic too!

2_zpsm6fdilxr.jpg

I know there is more stuff hidden out there, so I suspect my parent's garden will soon look like the dig site in Raiders Of The Lost Ark!
Good hunting all! :)
Love it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom