Star Wars Scalextric Prototype - Battle of Hoth Set items - never released

RobD86

Youngling
ScruffyLookingNH said:
RobD86 said:
Thank you Weasel, it's been a while since I was last on a forum and it's taken me a while to work out how to get photos on, hopefully they are visible now?

Rob, amazing item. Having seen the photos of the "finished" set it's a shame it never got made. Looks bloody brilliant and much better than the Speeder Bike set. How many full Hoth sets are there known to exist and if this is £1,500 for three bodies, single piece of track and box, what value would you assign to one of the full sets?

Hi,

As far as I am aware, no full sets were produced, and the mock up box and track section I have are unique.
There are some images in line somewhere from one of the toy fairs, I will try and find them again.
The price I feel is fair for something of this nature relating to a major brand such as Scalextric and with the relevant endorsements from the Star Wars licensing team (if that's the right terminology)

I'm happy to hear others thoughts though?

cracatilla

Padawan
Supporter
stu70 said:
ChallengerFox said:
Looking at this i'm really surprised that Scalextric have never done much Star Wars, loads of possibilities, speeder bikes , pod racers etc.

They did do a speeder bike version, which you can still get, but I don't think they were great sellers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scalextric-Start-C1288-Battle-Endor/dp/B006ZVJGAS/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=star+wars+scalextric&qid=1565322177&s=kids&sr=1-2

There's usually a few on ebay as well.

Some pics of the 'cars' here

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12875&p=176584&hilit=Scalextric#p176584

chiffy

Sith Lord
ChallengerFox said:
Looking at this i'm really surprised that Scalextric have never done much Star Wars, loads of possibilities, speeder bikes , pod racers etc.
They did the speeder bikes. That is the reason they never put this set into production :lol:
Must say tho as a standalone proto this is awesome to see mate. I might even nick the photos and show them in another few groups i'm on. They would love it and it might even sell on there you never know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom