R2D2 Sensorscope Head Alignment...

tigerham

Sith Lord
Hi all,

I noticed a while ago after seeing photos of my old R2D2 Sensorscope that the head wasn't aligned. Then today noticed that some are and some aren't. I am wondering if there is head swapping going on or this is just a factory error?!

The thing is that the one below was taken from an open baggie (apparently) but is mint so never questioned it.

Has anyone else noticed this about the R2D2 Sensorscope figure?

5.jpg

Here's one aligned I found on the web...
vintage-kenner-star-wars-r2d2_1_11c22177ff194ae3bb4af255fa9a033a.jpg

tigerham

Sith Lord
I only have one R2D2 Sensorscope MOC to compare it to at the moment so know that one is genuine and that one's head is aligned.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
What do you mean by aligned?? The head moves round anyway so who's to say what it's default/as new position is?

The head being centrally aligned to the body because in the top photos you can see the head over hangs the body on one side and on the bottom the head is aligned perfectly and there is no over hanging on one side.

Does this make sense?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tigerham said:
Robstyley said:
Ah yes sorry mate, with ya. Misunderstood :oops:

Lol, no worries. :)

Ok agree it looks strange, I have checked mine and I have no one that looks like that. But some looks normal and other has a little Overhanging but not as much as yours. Maybe it is just a production error, I don't think chaging heads would do this unless there is head variant sizes on r2-d2 and he got a wrong head. I have never heard about there is head size varints on r2-d2 :?

But I guess if there is I would not be surprised, we learn something new in this star wars universe every day :lol:

tigerham

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:
Robstyley said:
Ah yes sorry mate, with ya. Misunderstood :oops:

Ok agree it looks strange, I have checked mine and I have no one that looks like that. But some looks normal and other has a little Overhanging but not as much as yours. Maybe it is just a production error, I don't think chaging heads would do this unless there is head variant sizes on r2-d2 and he got a wrong head. I have never heard about there is head size varints on r2-d2 :?

But I guess if there is I would not be surprised, we learn something new in this star wars universe every day :lol:

Thank you Lars. I wasn't sure if, for example, a solid dome R2 had a slightly different alignment on the body than on a Sensorscope or not. Otherwise it may possibly a factory error although I'm still to find a MOC with a head overhanging.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
This could be because someone had a few R2's one had a great condition head and bad body i.e sticker and swapped it around. I tried this a few years ago and it didn't sit right for mine so swapped it back.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Stubbs said:
This could be because someone had a few R2's one had a great condition head and bad body i.e sticker and swapped it around. I tried this a few years ago and it didn't sit right for mine so swapped it back.

Thank you Stubbs. :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tigerham said:
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:

Thank you Lars. I wasn't sure if, for example, a solid dome R2 had a slightly different alignment on the body than on a Sensorscope or not. Otherwise it may possibly a factory error although I'm still to find a MOC with a head overhanging.

let me know what you learn about the sticker on the r2 ? :wink:

tigerham

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:
Pomse2001 said:

What do you mean by the sticker?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tigerham said:
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:

Sorry mixed 2 threads together, I must have been tired :oops:

Maybe you can check if the sticker match with the head, there is some small differences on the stickers. But I am also sure about that not all sticker variants are on this links, but try to check them out and compare them with the sticker on your r2-d2.

Myabe the body is not from a sensorscope r2-d2 just a thought, but maybe there is also different sizes of sensorscope heads or bodies also just a thought :?

But maybe this links can help https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1101357

https://www.starwarsfigurevariations.com/r2-d2-coo-sticker-variations/

tigerham

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:
Pomse2001 said:

Maybe you can check if the sticker match with the head, there is some small differences on the stickers. But I am also sure about that not all sticker variants are on this links, but try to check them out and compare them with the sticker on your r2-d2.

Myabe the body is not from a sensorscope r2-d2 just a thought, but maybe there is also different sizes of sensorscope heads or bodies also just a thought :?

But maybe this links can help https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1101357

Brilliant! Thank you Lars, really apreciated. I'll check the links out. :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tigerham said:
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:

Your welcome, let me know if you learn something :wink:

tigerham

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:
Pomse2001 said:

Will do my friend. :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tigerham said:
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:

I just found this link, looks like there can be some difference if the coo does not match the head on r2-d2,
look what walkie write on this link :wink: https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39072

tigerham

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:
Pomse2001 said:

I just found this link, looks like there can be some difference if the coo does not match the head on r2-d2,
look what walkie write on this link :wink: https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39072

Thank you Lars, appreciate that. I've got a Sensorscope coming and by the photos the alignment is spot on whereas all my others I've had (only two) have had the heads oput of alignment.

I'll put up photos when it arrives.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tigerham said:
Pomse2001 said:
tigerham said:

Thank you Lars, appreciate that. I've got a Sensorscope coming and by the photos the alignment is spot on whereas all my others I've had (only two) have had the heads oput of alignment.

I'll put up photos when it arrives.

Great, yes share some photos when it arrives :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom