New TROS/Legacy Trailer!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
My lad is on holiday in Jersey t the moment, he sent me this trailer half a hour ago

oMG! This looks awesome, it's my B day today, so allsorts going oin, but this has coped it for me, looks superb, drags you in with all of the OT and new films then BANG a double Sith lightsaber!! :eek: :eek: :shock: I'm reeling with this, cannot wait for this film

Neighsayers and detractors get back in your box, this looks amazing!!!!

f1982

Youngling
very, very excited by this.
I have a feeling the revelations about the force and the skywalker family (assuming that's what it is) will annoy some hardcore fans as it'll undoubtedly reach back and clarify (change) original understanding. But at the same time, it'll be taking the overall story into new places with bigger explanations which will open up the story for much bigger things in the future. To me, that's not only an awesome thing to look forward to, it's the only way the SW world can progress and move forward.

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
Michael Sith said:
My lad is on holiday in Jersey t the moment, he sent me this trailer half a hour ago

oMG! This looks awesome, it's my B day today, so allsorts going oin, but this has coped it for me, looks superb, drags you in with all of the OT and new films then BANG a double Sith lightsaber!! :eek: :eek: :shock: I'm reeling with this, cannot wait for this film

Neighsayers and detractors get back in your box, this looks amazing!!!!

Could not agree more...

...and all the best, happy birthday! :D

Dantooine

Padawan
OT Star Destroyers... Time travel? I really hope not.
Didn't think much of the trailer to be honest, and shoving PT and OT stuff together like that never works for me.

Still, the fight on the wrecked Death Star looks cool. I want it to be good, but no hype yet.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have just seen the last 2 trailers on imdb and to my big surprise and on the picture of the poster, it looks like palpatine is back and lando is back. Is it just me or is it to late to repair the damage disney have done on episode 7 and 8 ? It also looks like Ian McDiarmid is playing palpatine again.

If palpatine should be back, should he then not have been back in episode 7 ? and will palpatine survive episode 9 ? :?
Maybe he survived the death star crash :lol:

Ok I must admit I love the character palpatine, I bad mother ****er. But if you ask me, then disney can't bring him back in episode 9 and kill him in the same movie :( but then again they did the same with solo and luke :roll: so will there now come an episode 10 ? with palpatine ? :?

and why is lando first back in episode 9 ? he should have been there from episode 7 :?

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
It all left me a bit cold TBH. Too little, too late for me.

The OT/PT montage only seemed to highlight the gulf in quality between the old and new story/characters.
Very telling that there was only a couple of TLJ scenes shown in the montage.

Granted some of the visuals were good, e.g. the Death Star wreckage fight.
Also nice to see the classic spaceships back, B-Wings Y-Wings etc.

I hope to God, the time travel rumours aren't true. I just don't think this sits well in the SW universe.
Also looks like we're getting an evil Threepio as comedy relief (much like AOTC), sweet Jesus. :roll:

As for Sith Rey and her 'flip-phone' sabre.......oh dear.

Palifan

Sith Lord
The one thing I found slightly odd about the opening film montage was the order of the films. I know they were released like this but wouldn't it have made more sense to have had them shown numerically from ep 1 to 8? something about the flow of it didn't quite work for me but there was so little ep 9 footage in the trailer that it's hard to really say how this last film is going to play out at this point.

They've already got my money so we'll see come December (it is still SW remember and I have a lot more interest in this than the Avatar sequels).

Ian

grinchy

Sith Lord
Happy birthday Mike, all the best mate!
That looks amazing, i'm really stoked to see where they take this, can't wait till December, there's a rumour on face book that's not Rey with the sabre but someone else, to me its clearly Daisy Ridley, will wait and see how it all pans out :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Unlike 'The Mandalorian', which looks superb and I'm really looking forward to, the new trailer for 'The Rise of Skywalker' (and Disney wins the prize for the crappest title in the entire saga with that turkey, and that includes 'Attack of the Clones') fails to ignite my interest at all. The montage of OT and prequel stuff was great because the OT was, is and always will be great, and the bits they showed from the prequels were carefully selected to remind us that even they had some good bits in them. The Disney cash grabs however, especially TLJ, understandably barely featured (why would they want to remind everyone of that turd ahead of trying to flog them tickets for this desperate salvage job?), and then we finally got some new footage which left me thoroughly underwhelmed. The best thing about it is that it's enabled this classic to be made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2AZhdHaays

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
:lol: Was just waiting for the butt-hurt, snowflake INCEL to say the immortal words 'Mary Sue'. Utter bellend :roll: Judging a film NOBODY has even seen yet. Happened with Solo, which turned out to be a great little adventure film. TLJ features as much as pretty much every other EPISODE in the trailer, apart from ANH. The original trilogy could easily be torn to shreds in similar fashion, but it gets a pass because of nostalgia...

THIS is a much better watch: https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=MM-3lw9bIjE

f1982

Youngling
To me, the 'dark Rey' makes most sense if it fits with the 'Rey is a clone' theory and what we saw was not actually Rey.
Rey's parents were 'nobody's' in a literal sense, because she is a clone. She goes into the dark hole, wants to see her parents but instead just sees multiples of herself.
Maybe she was rescued from the clone army (assume produced by Palpatine) and that's her origin. Palpatine trying to create an army not of mindless soldiers (stormtroopers) but of force sensitive apprentice Sith. So what we saw was one of the clones who has been trained as a Sith, not Rey turned bad.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
:lol: Was just waiting for the butt-hurt, snowflake INCEL to say the immortal words 'Mary Sue'. Utter bellend :roll: Judging a film NOBODY has even seen yet. Happened with Solo, which turned out to be a great little adventure film. TLJ features as much as pretty much every other EPISODE in the trailer, apart from ANH. The original trilogy could easily be torn to shreds in similar fashion, but it gets a pass because of nostalgia...

Wow! You really don't have the first clue about 'The Critical Drinker', do you? He's a highly intelligent, passionate lifelong Star Wars fan, and is entitled to his opinion, just as you are to yours and just as I am to mine. I didn't criticse you for liking the trailer and I would defend you vigorously against anyone daring to do so. However, you seem quite happy to slap thoroughly incorrect, childish and unjustified insults and labels against someone who dares not to agree with you! He's incredibly far from being alone in hating the new films, and believe it or not, there are plenty of very good reasons why people like him and me don't like them which having nothing to do with being 'butt-hurt' or a 'snowflake' (a pair of nice meaningless insults anyone can slap on anyone else they disagree with in the hope of embarrassing them into silence them rather than engaging them in any meaningful debate about the merits of the films) or an 'INCEL'. That last one I really hope you take back, as I suspect you typed your response in the heat of the moment. The true 'INCEL' movement (for want of a better term) is a disgusting, vile collection of sad, pathetic losers so maladjusted to reality they seem to think life owes them sex and view women solely as sex objects they should have access to. I suspect the actual number of 'true' INCELS is thankfully a lot smaller than current hype would have us believe, but regardless of the actual number of those tragic assholes, you happily and quite openly brand someone you've never met as being one simply because they happen not to like a film that you do! That speaks volumes about you, not them. I repeat that I hope you typed it in the heat of the moment, as we can all be guilty of saying things in haste that we later regret, but I would also urge you to revise your comment. You don't have to agree with other people's views of the sequel films, and you don't have to like them any less yourself, but I would urge you to respect the right of everyone to have their own opinions and views about them, otherwise you end up making yourself look extremely foolish.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Cazza said:

Wow. Not sure where to start with this one.
How about grow the **** up, you petulant twat!

I know its difficult for you to understand, but we're all judging the film that nobody has seen. Even you.
You think it's going to be amazing. I think it's going to be average at best.
It's called differing opinions. ****ing deal with it.

I must have been watching a different trailer, because I only counted three TLJ scenes. Way less than the OT & TFA scenes.

The OT gets a pass because it was a ground-breaking, imaginative tour-de-force that changed cinema. That's why we're still talking about it 40 years later.
In comparison, the ST is a recycled, creatively bankrupt bag of wank, with hollow, uninteresting characters and storyline.

GO AWAY NOW....

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Guys, I was calling the guy who made the video a snowflake, not you. Incel was too strong and I apologise unreservedly for the offence caused- definitely heat of the moment.

However, I am getting sick to the back teeth of the constant negativity aimed at Star Wars at the moment. There is so much to look forward to at the moment, yet people are constantly pissing on everyone else's chips. The youtubers who constantly churn out these videos that are chock full of lies and negativity are a nightmare! Just take a look at Geeks and Gamers... sheesh! Turn on youtube and it's just full of this stuff- pretty depressing really. I'm not gonna say 'It's just a film' because these films mean so much more to us and yes, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but the negativity from certain quarters is starting to take the enjoyment out of it all. It's unavoidable, because they are so vocal and relentless. It's not just SW, Marvel has suffered a lot of this as well, especially Captain Marvel.

So, I wasn't personally having a go at you fellas, i was really peed off with seeing yet another crazy negative video about something I'm really looking forward to, trotting out all the cliche'd Mary Sue stuff etc.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Sorry to hear how much it's pissed you off Andy, try not to get too down though. I think there's a huge amount of positivity in the scene, just not for the sequels.
I'm more excited for the mandalorian than I was before TFA came out. Then there's the Cassian and the newly announced Obi Wan series so there's heaps to be excited about.

I think most people were pretty happy with Solo and nearly everyone I know thinks Rogue One was the best film since Jedi. It really is only the sequels and I'm sure you'll agree, that do have issues. It's just whether you can get over them or not.

So chin up mate, it's one of the best times to be a Star Wars fan

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
Guys, I was calling the guy who made the video a snowflake, not you. Incel was too strong and I apologise unreservedly for the offence caused- definitely heat of the moment.

However, I am getting sick to the back teeth of the constant negativity aimed at Star Wars at the moment. There is so much to look forward to at the moment, yet people are constantly pissing on everyone else's chips. The youtubers who constantly churn out these videos that are chock full of lies and negativity are a nightmare! Just take a look at Geeks and Gamers... sheesh! Turn on youtube and it's just full of this stuff- pretty depressing really. I'm not gonna say 'It's just a film' because these films mean so much more to us and yes, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but the negativity from certain quarters is starting to take the enjoyment out of it all. It's unavoidable, because they are so vocal and relentless. It's not just SW, Marvel has suffered a lot of this as well, especially Captain Marvel.

So, I wasn't personally having a go at you fellas, i was really peed off with seeing yet another crazy negative video about something I'm really looking forward to, trotting out all the cliche'd Mary Sue stuff etc.
Hi Cazza,

Thank you for the response, and well done for taking back the incel comment.

I fully appreciate that many people, including you obviously, are stoked about the new film coming out, and I really hope you enjoy it. Hell, I really hope the film is an absolute knockout! I have no plans on seeing it myself because I really didn't like the last one and the direction it took the sequels in. However, the one thing which would make me change my mind and go to see it is if the film is very well received by the majority of fans (I care not at all for 'proper' film critics' opinions) and especially by those fans that didn't like TLJ. If they generally love it, I'll give it a go. If not, I won't, since, as a massive Star Wars fan, I really, really hated being so disappointed coming out of the cinema after seeing TLJ and I don't want to put myself through that again :-(

I agree that there's a lot of negativity out there (and yes, perhaps too much), and I by no means agree with all of it, but I also feel a lot of the criticisms of TLJ have merit in my eyes. But I also recognise that my views are my own only and others may differ. However, just because others may not like it is no reason not to enjoy it yourself, so I hope you do, and I can only recommend that you ignore any negativity you don't agree with.

Thanks.

Jeremy

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Mate, as much as you're pissed off with the negativity, I'm equally up to my tits with the constant putting down of anybody who dares not tow the party line, regarding the ST.

My only beef is with the ST and Lucasfilms/Disneys reaction to fans critiques.
I loved Rogue One and thought Solo was a decent effort despite the BTS problems.
Equally, I can't wait for The Mandalorian, Obi-Wan series and The Clone Wars new season.

I just happen to think they've made a complete pigs ear out of the ST (especially TLJ).
It deeply saddens me, as they had one chance and now there is no going back.
If you love it, more power to you. I really have no problem with that. I honestly wish I was the same.

Apologies for the language used, but your post really pushed my button.
I think the problem is all legitimate dislikers seem to have been tarred with the same brush.
If you have problems with the ST's direction you're labelled as a racist, misogynist etc. etc.
Yes, there are some complete knob-heads out there, but the vast majority are fans with legitimate concerns.

Rather than accepting that some fans aren't particularly happy with the ST, Lucasfilm/Disney double-down on the name-calling.
Step forward Rian Johnson, Pablo Hidalgo et al. It's a vicious circle.

Much like Brie Larson with Cpt. Marvel, they seem to revel in kicking the hornets nest.
If they would've just keep their mouths shut, I don't think things would have got as bad as they have.

I hope TROS is everything you want it to be and is a fitting end to the Skywalker saga.

Jon

Dantooine

Padawan
The reason there is negativity around Star Wars at the moment is that the films aren't very good. If they were, all the other stuff wouldn't matter. Write great characters and give them interesting things to do in the Star Wars universe. It seems like a no brainer but it's obviously very difficult. Lucas (I think) took the wrong path with the Prequels and Disney made a huge mistake not sticking to a 3 film narrative. Rian Johnson made a crap film, but really its Disney and Lucasfilm that should've known better.

I'd love The Rise of Skywalker to be great. Doesn't everyone who is a bit "meh" about this film. But I don't think Abrams is a particularly good filmmaker. His whole "mystery box" style of narrative backfired with Rian Johnson ignoring TFA. So we have a conclusion to two films that seem to be heading in two different directions. Does any of it matter?

The Mandalorian looks like the best thing to have the Star Wars name since 1983. Hopefully the Obi Wan series will also be good (pretty sure it's shooting in the UK, unlike The Mandalorian which was shot in the US).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom