New TROS/Legacy Trailer!

grinchy

Sith Lord
I'm glad its inspires such passion among the fans, glad you guys sorted it out, I've been a fan of the new movies, I thought last jedi was great, but I did get a tang of regret that our main OT Cast didn't get to come together again for one last hurrah,sad but that ship has sailed.
this new movie looks like they are chucking loads into the mix, looks a bit mad but i'm game for it, fingers crossed its great
I wonder if they are going to have a bit of a break after this movies wise? let the dust settle

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Was looking again at the opening montage. Like Ian mentioned earlier, it may have been more logical to start with TPM and work through, but I get why they did it like this.

There's a little less than half a minute of ANH, ten seconds of ESB, five seconds of ROTJ (just three shots), about five seconds of TPM (three shots), three seconds of AOTC (just two shots), 3-4 seconds of ROTS (three shots), followed by about 17 seconds of the ST, with roughly five of those from TLJ and the rest from TFA.

That makes the list: ANH, wide gap, TFA, ESB, gap, the group of ROTJ, TPM and TLJ, followed by ROTS and AOTC. In terms of scenes, TLJ jumps up a bit.

f1982

Youngling
grinchy said:
I'm glad its inspires such passion among the fans, glad you guys sorted it out, I've been a fan of the new movies, I thought last jedi was great, but I did get a tang of regret that our main OT Cast didn't get to come together again for one last hurrah,sad but that ship has sailed.
this new movie looks like they are chucking loads into the mix, looks a bit mad but i'm game for it, fingers crossed its great
I wonder if they are going to have a bit of a break after this movies wise? let the dust settle

I'm on the positive train too regarding the new movies. To me, if they played it too close to the old films then they'd just be rehashing the same story without it going in new directions or deliberately not treading on the toes of the old films to keep the old fans happy. Yes there is some sloppy writing and i'm still not sure what the hell Disney were thinking if it's indeed true that Johnson was given free reign to do whatever he wanted with TLJ, because how the hell do you write a 3 part story if the middle part doesn't push the story in a very specific way between parts 1 and 3? So i'm not yet convinced the stuff that people have a problem with in TLJ they will continue to have a problem with once we get TROS.

And I agree it looks like they're throwing a lot at this film, and i'm glad if they do. Because this film not only has to wrap up both a 3 part and a 9 part story, ideally with some interesting stuff that makes you think differently about the older films, but also has to open the SW universe up for the next trilogy incorporating much more canon so far not explored in the films, and any other stories they're planning. I also hope they don't take a break. What they start here in terms of new directions need some momentum, and there will be appetite for it.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Hard to judge that as a lot is rehashed from the others and trailers are always designed to make things look good even when they are turd. I'll reserve judgement. It doesn't look bad, but there isn't a huge amount of new stuff in it so it's hard to say for sure.

Twin30mm said:
The OT/PT montage only seemed to highlight the gulf in quality between the old and new story/characters.
Very telling that there was only a couple of TLJ scenes shown in the montage.

Granted some of the visuals were good, e.g. the Death Star wreckage fight.
Also nice to see the classic spaceships back, B-Wings Y-Wings etc.

I hope to God, the time travel rumours aren't true. I just don't think this sits well in the SW universe.
Also looks like we're getting an evil Threepio as comedy relief (much like AOTC), sweet Jesus. :roll:

Sums up my sentiments quite well.

f1982 said:
To me, the 'dark Rey' makes most sense if it fits with the 'Rey is a clone' theory and what we saw was not actually Rey.

I actually took that to be a sort of premonition. The kind Luke had on Dogobah when he fought 'Vader'/himself as Vader. I thought that was the Emperor or whoever showing Rey what she could become if she turned. Could be wrong mind.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
If time travelling is in Episode 9 then that will be the worst idea ever. As soon as you add time travel to Star Wars, everything is pointless. If they want Vader and the Emperor in a Star Wars film, just make a spin off.

lejackal

Grand Master
I've not read this thread since it's inception but it perfectly demonstrates the main problems in fandom currently, we all no Rey is fit, TLJ is ****, Mike Smith is a Poet and Cazza is bang tidy so why get all rowdy?

Honestly, if you're getting that pissy over a ****ing film and the associated opinions your life must either be so amazingly perfect that you're bored or so **** that you need a space to vent.

If your life is amazing go and enjoy it, if its **** go and fix it.

If you want to skate each other and your opinions about a film that no one has seen then you probably need to have a little think about your priorities

gammoguard

Padawan
Personally I'm really looking forward to the new film coming out (to my family there's no surprises there). Reason: I'm Star Wars nuts !!.
It's was always going to be difficult to write for just one film but to write a story over 9-10 movies with other people writing chapters too it must be a bloody nightmare. I've had mates tell me that previous films were crap but I didn't think any different of them....they're no longer my mates but I don't think any different of them :wink: :lol:.
Seriously tho, I think the most worry is coming from whether it's another 'okay' film but this time with the films most iconic characters....it would have that feeling of getting back together with an old flame hoping it will be like how it used to be but knowing it went badly wrong somewhere down the line. If it is a shocker there's always the Mandalorian to fall back on for some reality of some good ol' fashioned Star Wars. :)

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
I'm really looking forward to the new film. Think it will be a hit myself. The trailer was great .........the end :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom