SWFUK Annual Statistics

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Again, echoing what others have said. This place is a haven of (comparative) sanity with a sensible, structured layout when everything is or has moved to facebook.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great to see SWFUK holding it's own, especially When there are so many other platforms to visit. Great work Edd, we appreciated everything you and the mod's do. The forum is the best place to visit when you want some good advice. It's such a brilliant source of information. I do look at Facebook also but the Forum is still number one!

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
Cheers Edd! As others have said, it is a great resource, always good to see what people have bought, collection photos etc

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Interesting stats and in line with what you see here in terms of activity. I'm trying to, and to a degree succeeding, spend less time on FB and more here. It's like some tart from Love Island (sorry, don't know any) vs. Cindy Crawford; uncouth, vacuous and nothing interesting to say vs. timeless beauty and obsession. Not that I'm obsessed with Cindy Crawford. Much. Point is the more time I've spent there over the years the more obvious it is how hollow it is. It's the convenience of it that makes it the success, not much else.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Interesting stats and in line with what you see here in terms of activity. I'm trying to, and to a degree succeeding, spend less time on FB and more here. It's like some tart from Love Island (sorry, don't know any) vs. Cindy Crawford; uncouth, vacuous and nothing interesting to say vs. timeless beauty and obsession. Not that I'm obsessed with Cindy Crawford. Much. Point is the more time I've spent there over the years the more obvious it is how hollow it is. It's the convenience of it that makes it the success, not much else.

Quite agree, mate. Isn't that a sign of the times though; convenience seems to supercede quality and substance all too often. Unfortunately Facebook's minions are constantly trying to engineer new and better ways to keep us hooked on the time suck that is social media.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Quite agree, mate. Isn't that a sign of the times though; convenience seems to supercede quality and substance all too often. Unfortunately Facebook's minions are constantly trying to engineer new and better ways to keep us hooked on the time suck that is social media.

So true. Convenience does indeed win out of all other benefits nowadays as time becomes the only commodity that can't be bought or sold. Spending time here vs FB is a bit like my mission last Christmas to buy as much on the high street as possible and avoid the internet. Takes a bit more time and effort but was way more enjoyable :)

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I don't want to turn this into a facebook-bashing thread, but the layout of a forum when compared to social media helps hugely with educating yourself about the hobby. The number of fb people forking out significant amounts of money without a clue as to whether their items are legit is staggering.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom