SWFUK

New retroline.......

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Alisdairmac
Regular
Regular

Re: New retroline.......

Postby Alisdairmac » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:05 pm

Darth Bobby wrote:
jayums wrote:I picked up a few of the UK versions and my cards
even have tiny marks on the image that the import version doesn’t have (Must be a printing issue as identical). Regardless they really are a bit shit. The figure is decent though. I’m trying to cancel my pre-order for the other six too, but haven’t heard back yet. Feel a bit sorry for the seller as suspect quite a lot of people won’t want them with the silly info sheet inside the bubble.

Conversely I picked up one of those funky SDCC prototype Vaders. Didn’t really want it all that much from the pics online, but in hand, the card is lovely. Feels like a premium product in terms of packaging. It’s a real shame they didn’t make the retro collection with the same care.

Yeah I feel bad for the seller too... but the product is really poor quality. I’m sure they’ll sell them eventually but collectors won’t want them.

I cancelled my order as well. Feel slightly bad for the seller as you say

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:05 pm

Mine arrived today... in a sealed "shipping case"! The collector in me can't bring myself to open it :oops:

grinchy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grinchy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:02 am

Mine came to, I opened the shipper :D
the paper insert doesn't look to bad in hand its tucked behind the figure, well at least on the set of six it is,

take a look at tarkins!
IF I WOKE UP TOMMOROW WITH MY HEAD SEWN TO THE CARPET I WOULDN'T BE MORE SURPRISED THAN I AM NOW
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:11 am

The printed edge wear really does spoil them, such a shame! It's ironic that they did so little research that they didn't know collecotrs of old toys LOVE them to be mint

jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby jayums » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:30 pm

edd_jedi wrote:The printed edge wear really does spoil them, such a shame! It's ironic that they did so little research that they didn't know collecotrs of old toys LOVE them to be mint

Hasbro will probably release them again in a few years on mint $$$$$$$

Crumm
Regular
Regular

Postby Crumm » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:38 pm

I was really stoked for these when I first saw the U.S. versions.

I was on the fence as to whether I should cancel the order when I saw the European versions, I now know I made the right choice by cancelling, they look hideous.

I just don't understand why they would run a MOC retro line, and then shove a horrible scrap of folded paper in with the figure, I think it totally wrecks the whole asthetic of the thing.

They should have added the information in a small corner on the back of the card. I know that would need to be done for each country language, but so what?

The world has gone mad!
"Everything is under control here, situation normal"

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”