Were B Wing vehicles shrink wrapped?

Jsm20982

Youngling
Have been offered a vintage B Wing (1984 I think) which is sealed by shrink wrapping. Was this done back then as I cannot recall any vehicle/rig etc that was sealed this way. Don't want to purchase said item if there was a chance this was done at a later date.

Looks genuine enough just want reassurance that they were sealed this way along with the traditional sellotape method. Regards.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I am not aware of any vintage Star Wars ship ever coming shrink-wrapped. It's possible some may have been somewhere and at some point during the original production run, but I think it's far more likely someone has shrink-wrapped yours at a later date.

Jeremy

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I hve seen some European (possibly German?) shrink wrapped vehicles. Kenner and Palitoy vehicles did not. I would assume any shrink wrap was applied by stores rather than the manufacturer. Personally (as a collector of video games) I don't trust shrink wrap, it's way too easy to fake.

walkie

Sith Lord
Glasslite and the odd German Tie & X-Wing. Anything else I'd suspect it to be non factory wrapped.

Christian

Jedi Master
walkie said:
Glasslite and the odd German Tie & X-Wing. Anything else I'd suspect it to be non factory wrapped.

Tie & Landspeeder were available in Germany shrinkwrapped and agreed anything else is non-factory.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom