Wave of nostalgia

itfciain

Grand Master
Logged on tonight as I had a couple of messages to answer - as I am scrolling through the pages it all came flooding back to me

I was a lurker for about 6 months and the decided to take the plunge - the welcome I got was great and the feedback on my then limelight (loose Last 17) was really positive.

I love this site - just about everyone I have ever spoken to on here has been helpful and I have made a tonne of friends over the years

No real point to this post (but then that is the same for pretty much the 18000 that Weasel has posted up)

grinchy

Sith Lord
Hey mate
Yeah this is a great place, made a few friends over the years and bought and sold some bits to, most of my carded figures came from you, as well as a few other bits, I'm thankful to you for offering them, and to the other guys I've bought from to
Cheers matey

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Always great to see a post from a member that has been quiet for a while. Busy lives take over and circumstances change, but there is always a little oasis that is SWFUK that you can take out a little time from a hectic life and enjoy the posts and limelights/ new aquisistions and comraderie that is a central part of the forum.
As has been said Iain, you have helped so many members on here with getting their collection going, adding to collections and helping out.
Great to see you posting

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Great to see you lain again on the forum :D and thanks for all the help and for all the cool star wars toy that you have sold me :D If it has not been for you then I have maybe not completed my ewok cartoon figure run :wink: I hope that you one day will sell vintage star wars again on the forum, since I am not on facebook :D

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I got massive nostalgia looking at your sales threads Iain.

It was brought up on the TVR podcast interview with a generation 1 toy seller the term 'MOC' and how much he didn't like and wanted to know who come up with it.

That was you! I never 'MOC' until I met you and Jez.

I was resistant at first as it's obviously 'mint on card'. But 5 years of buying off you and going to FF, soon change 'MOC' into the most used word of this decade.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Nice to see you pop in Iain, always very welcome :) hope the business is going well, saw you in several ICCC videos over the weekend!

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
It's good to see you Iain, was looking at your stands last night as I've managed to gain all 6 bounty hunters loose now that I wanted to finish off and have been looking at your synergy stands. Get all my stands from you and they display my figures lovely :D

Hope all is good with the business :D

jayums

Jedi Master
Got into collecting vintage thanks to Iain - found my old figs in 2015 and suddenly (and somewhat inexplicably!) felt the urge to get all the ones I never had as a kid! Cheers Iain, hope all is well 8)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I think that I joined just too late for the legendary sales posts of Lain, but I was lucky enough to get a baggie and a mailer from him.
Looking back at his sales posts makes you wish they were still happening.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom