Latest Acquisitions

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Cazza said:
Finally, managed to get hold of a full set of Battlestar Galactica Shreddies scenes. Know they're not SW, but I hope people will appreciate them. Arguably harder to find than the SW ones and often go for crazy prices. Got these for a smidge over £30, so really chuffed. They will make up part of my extended childhood focus.

Love the Galactica transfers! I haven't seen these since the 70s but they bring back memories alright, I must have had them along with the SW ones. Great find!

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
Finally, managed to get hold of a full set of Battlestar Galactica Shreddies scenes. Know they're not SW, but I hope people will appreciate them. Arguably harder to find than the SW ones and often go for crazy prices. Got these for a smidge over £30, so really chuffed. They will make up part of my extended childhood focus.
20190914_125110.jpg
Probably shouldn't post these here as had them 40 years and not Star Wars, but funny I should find these whilst rummaging through a box of my old stuff right after seeing your post of BG scenes...
A49748E6-7CC3-45C2-8016-D511C47CF0BB.png

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Lom said:
Cazza said:
20190914_125110.jpg
Probably shouldn't post these here as had them 40 years and not Star Wars, but funny I should find these whilst rummaging through a box of my old stuff right after seeing your post of BG scenes...
A49748E6-7CC3-45C2-8016-D511C47CF0BB.png

Great find Martin! What a cool thing to find. Got some of these, but not my childhood ones.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
Great find Martin! What a cool thing to find. Got some of these, but not my childhood ones.
You got this one Andy; yours if you want it mate? Just PM me your address if you want it.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Lom said:
Cazza said:
You got this one Andy; yours if you want it mate? Just PM me your address if you want it.

Are you sure?! That would be amazing- don't have this one. PM coming...

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Mail call! Had these in over the past few days. Really pleased to get the Westbrook birthday card which is the last one needed for my sealed set. Also an ILM crew patch from Ep 1, and two more Dairylea labels - I'm half way there on those now. But the pick of the bunch is the Empire Day promotional postcard - other than the badges, any Empire Day material is very hard to come by and I'm delighted to have it. NFS.

07552D00-6136-45C5-910E-9EF4B3FAF56B.jpeg

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Super excited about my latest purchase. In fact I think it's the most excited I've been. Finally got my hands on a First 12 Action Figure Display Stand and at a good price too. I haven't been able to afford the space or money to get cabinets or a bespoke display for my loose figures so this is an ultra cool next best thing and goes well with the way my collection is shaping up.

It came with a complete set of figures (not all complete) and I didn't really need them, but I totted up their sell on value and put in a bid based on that to get the display stand at a good price.

The figures turned out to be super nice, many near mint. But imagine my surprise when both the R2 solid dome and Darth Vader turned out to be MADE IN TAIWAN with correct accessories. I couldn't see the saber and was described as broken tip but it's still there just a bit crooked. I'm keeping these two for sure. The others in the photo are from my collection.

Still buzzing.

Attachments

• 4C677E97-E988-40E5-9188-2D2801109D3D.jpeg
    4C677E97-E988-40E5-9188-2D2801109D3D.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 790
  • 7361F216-EB9B-4E24-ADFD-233CD8894C0F.jpeg
    7361F216-EB9B-4E24-ADFD-233CD8894C0F.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 788
  • 95BE3A29-694E-4305-9754-46154AAF81FE.jpeg
    95BE3A29-694E-4305-9754-46154AAF81FE.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 787

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Super excited about my latest purchase. In fact I think it's the most excited I've been. Finally got my hands on a First 12 Action Figure Display Stand and at a good price too. I haven't been able to afford the space or money to get cabinets or a bespoke display for my loose figures so this is an ultra cool next best thing and goes well with the way my collection is shaping up.

It came with a complete set of figures (not all complete) and I didn't really need them, but I totted up their sell on value and put in a bid based on that to get the display stand at a good price.

The figures turned out to be super nice, many near mint. But imagine my surprise when both the R2 solid dome and Darth Vader turned out to be MADE IN TAIWAN with correct accessories. I couldn't see the saber and was described as broken tip but it's still there just a bit crooked. I'm keeping these two for sure. The others in the photo are from my collection.

Still buzzing.

Stunning find, the display stand is on my wishlist :D
Thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy it for many years :wink:

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Fantastic purchase. The Display stand is a must. Displays great!
Delighted for you about the two Taiwan figures as bonus. Congrats!

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
I will guys. Hopefully I can pick up a GW Acrylic case from Echo Live. :D
If you haven't thought of it already, get a preorder done now to collect at the event - doubt Christian will bring those as general stock on the day.

coomber75

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:

Still buzzing.
Ahhh you pipped me on this one, had a go for exactly same reason keep the stand sell the figs lol well done mate great price
My pick ups never had one then 2 appeared

Attachments

• IMG_20190919_134205.jpg
    IMG_20190919_134205.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 737

Jaxxon

Jedi Knight
Just dug these pyjamas out for another thread. Thought I'd put them here.

I believe they were from Marks and Spencer but I may be wrong. They may have been from a catalogue like Freemans or Littlewoods.

Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 22.03.14.png

Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 22.03.21.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom