New Kim Simmons book - bulk order

skywalker

Jedi Master
Richard_H said:
Just heard from Kim after reading the interview. The hardcopy was going to push the price up and they're now not going with that option as he is keen on keeping the cost down. It will be perfect binded with a twist. He is looking at a 7 volume special slip sleeve in the future to house all the volumes when done.

That's a real shame I think Hardback would be the way to with a book like this but nevermind, whats a binded with a twist..? surly not the spiral down the spine that allows for the page to be fully turned over..?? that would look absolutely shite..!!!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree, I would much prefer a hardback. If it is spiral-bound, like many calendars, I'm not sure I would still want one. Spiral binding is far too easily damaged, a nightmare to try to get back into shape if it gets squashed (which it very easily can be, especially in the post), and also looks cheap and nasty on book publications. I hope Kim reconsiders if he is switching away from a hardback.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
skywalker said:
Richard_H said:
Just heard from Kim after reading the interview. The hardcopy was going to push the price up and they're now not going with that option as he is keen on keeping the cost down. It will be perfect binded with a twist. He is looking at a 7 volume special slip sleeve in the future to house all the volumes when done.

That's a real shame I think Hardback would be the way to with a book like this but nevermind, whats a binded with a twist..? surly not the spiral down the spine that allows for the page to be fully turned over..?? that would look absolutely shite..!!!

Yes, that is the correct description of a spiral bound book.

Attachments

• 96379892-EDEB-4196-A304-6FEAAB523EC2.jpeg
    96379892-EDEB-4196-A304-6FEAAB523EC2.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,004

skywalker

Jedi Master
I am waiting on a reply from kim but I have read that the book is "Perfect Bound" which is paperback with a glossy cover like the old Tomart's price guides, while I would rather Hardback I can live with this, but not spiral bound I do not know anyone that would choose that for a publication it's more like what you would use for a school project and looks cheap and nasty.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
skywalker said:
Just heard back from Kim and it's NOT spiral bound (Thank God)...! It will be as explained above paperback with a Glossy cover like the old Tomart's price guides.
That's great news.
I would have preferred a hard back, but understand that this may make it too expensive to manufacture.
I'm still in if it's paperback with a great cover.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
skywalker said:
Just heard back from Kim and it's NOT spiral bound (Thank God)...! It will be as explained above paperback with a Glossy cover like the old Tomart's price guides.
Agreed that is great news, and I too am still on board for buying one if it's paperback and not spiral bound.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Please put your name and confirmed here like this.
I can bring to FF free of charge or ship on in the UK at cost. Limit is 20 copies at present.

1 Richard H

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom