SWTOTW, Week 5, 2019, Part 2/2 Turret/Probot Playset

Pomse2001

Grand Master
poncho said:
I saw a baggie probot for £10 once on a eBay buy it now. It was listed for ages I regret not buying it. People are selling loose ones now for £40! That's just no fun is it. Pleased to say I got a loose one for £12 about 4 years ago :)

£40 for a loose one :shock: that is crazy :shock:

titusillu

Youngling
Hi guys, here is my Turret Probot Set.
I also bought a bagged Probot a couple of years ago. I was told they are overstock. No idea if the Probot was bagged in the original box, but I thought it looks good so I left him bagged, have another one for the playset.

5tker.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
titusillu said:
I also bought a bagged Probot a couple of years ago. I was told they are overstock. No idea if the Probot was bagged in the original box, but I thought it looks good so I left him bagged, have another one for the playset.

What a lovely looking set. The box (another one of the 'slash' rather than '&' variants) looks in beautiful condition!

Thanks for sharing :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
titusillu said:

Thanks mate for sharing your playset, It looks fantastic :D I love the insert for the playset. This must be the first time I have seen the insert for this playset :D

titusillu

Youngling
Pomse2001 said:
titusillu said:

Thanks mate for sharing your playset, It looks fantastic :D I love the insert for the playset. This must be the first time I have seen the insert for this playset :D

Yes its kind of a weird insert, took me a while to understand how to put it all together. With the Probot pin sticking through the insert, so does the tin of the turret top ... That might be a reason why you havent seen them before - probably drove the kids mad, hehe.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
titusillu said:
Pomse2001 said:
titusillu said:

Yes its kind of a weird insert, took me a while to understand how to put it all together. With the Probot pin sticking through the insert, so does the tin of the turret top ... That might be a reason why you havent seen them before - probably drove the kids mad, hehe.

Some of the inserts on other items still drive me mad :lol:

titusillu

Youngling
Pomse2001 said:
titusillu said:
Pomse2001 said:

Some of the inserts on other items still drive me mad :lol:

Definetly!!!
Some are clearly "bulid" to store / put the stuff back into the box, but some ... like the Kenner "Land of Jawas" what pain in the *#++ (just wrestled with it the other day ).

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
So I finally got me some Palitoy destructions! :wink:

I've been after some instructions for ages to complete my Palitoy 'Turret & Probot' set, and I am pleased to say that I finally have some!

Turret & Probot Destructions - 01.jpg

Turret & Probot Destructions - 02.jpg

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
I'm still looking for a Palitoy boxed version too. The Palitoy boxes I see on ebay usually look pretty horrible though.

By the way, Lars that's the first time I've ever seen the Turret/Probot variant. Thanks.

Here's my Kenner version. Also a relatively recent addition.

sw-turret-probot-esb-kenner-007.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Capetown said:
I'm still looking for a Palitoy boxed version too. The Palitoy boxes I see on ebay usually look pretty horrible though.

By the way, Lars that's the first time I've ever seen the Turret/Probot variant. Thanks.

Another fine example! Thanks for sharing :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:

I've been after some instructions for ages to complete my Palitoy 'Turret & Probot' set, and I am pleased to say that I finally have some!

Congratulations mate, It looks fantastic 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Capetown said:

sw-turret-probot-esb-kenner-007.jpg

I hope that you find a palitoy boxed version too that is mint :wink:

Your welcome, I also did not know there was 2 kenner esb box variants before Jeremy saw mine and noticed the difference, very strange that they changed the name of the set, but also a little bit cool :D

and thanks for sharing that mint set from your collection, it looks outstanding :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Congratulations mate, It looks fantastic 8)
Thank you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom