Imperial Shuttle

ldr

Padawan
Hi guys, thinking of culling some of my collection but have been out of touch for a while with values.

I have an unused Kenner Imperial Shuttle, all bagged, stickers, inserts etc etc, however its been opened at the top.

Box is great, and still white. Near mint. I'll take some photos when I get time.

Any ideas of current value? Worth getting graded for £120? Can you grade opened stuff?

Thanks in advance.

Lewis

lejackal

Grand Master
Hey Lewis,

Unused contents would be around £500 imo. Not sure on the grading aspect though.

Cheers

Carl

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
I don't know anything about current prices, but I know that grading such a big item is risky, as the acrylic is prone to breaking during transport.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I wouldn't bother grading it, the cost would be high and it could be harder to sell after grading. Also for the reasons already mentioned.

jayums

Jedi Master
Not against grading per se - I think it is def worth doing for a lot of vintage, especially as repro gets harder to call out. But I would think carefully about grading this one.

Grading would likely raise the potential price you can ask for (and might get) for your shuttle, but it might not make it so easy to sell as it limits the pool of people likely to be interested. I've certainly seen several hanging around with graded price premiums. As much as I love shuttles personally, I can't say I find the prospect of a giant scratch magnet acrylic cube that appealing, and that's aside from the potential for disaster in transit.

Will be interested to see what you do decide, and if you go for grading it, definitely let us know how it goes and post some pics if you can!

As for a ball park valuation, I'd snap it up for 350-400, and I'd give it a miss north of 500. Make if that what you will! Hope that's helpful!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom