What item did you get for a bargain because of a flaw?

stormcab

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
That Bossk was an absolute steal!!!

These are my most recent, less than perfect acquisitions

Well done on the Ewok. Seen a few on foreign cards with defects going for okay price

stormcab

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
That Bossk was an absolute steal!!!

These are my most recent, less than perfect acquisitions

Well done on the ewok. Regularly see them come up on foreign cards with defects.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Love this thread.

Here are my two faves. I have a few others as well.

First up, ESB 45 back Fett with a badly cut pop. Just £100 if I remember correctly.

F4D4BBFE-6809-4B15-9052-54C50FD758B2.jpeg

9532AAC4-C5D1-481F-A527-0AB766979E10.jpeg

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
And a black bespin guard revenge proof. Creased across the top and an iffy corner but at £90 (if memory serves correctly) who doesn't love a bargain bit of pre production.

D630FA45-AEC2-45D0-8D24-8F0EABF5E090.jpeg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mr-shifter said:
And a black bespin guard revenge proof. Creased across the top and an iffy corner but at £90 (if memory serves correctly) who doesn't love a bargain bit of pre production.

D630FA45-AEC2-45D0-8D24-8F0EABF5E090.jpeg
:eek: wow, I thought that the Fett was a bargain!

poncho

Grand Master
Figure is nice and white and still sealed i think i paid £70ish

Attachments

• 15707031058094079524454832175779.jpg
    15707031058094079524454832175779.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 1,368

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Some cracking bargains on this thread! :eek:

This Yoda 32-back was £45 posted about 2 years ago. Still fully sealed & unpunched, it flattened out nicely and looks great in acrylic! 8)

yoda-ccp.jpg

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Great finds. The Menzies sticker on Dengar puts a hat on it!

Two things of mine spring to mind. Firstly, a Stormtrooper that was described simply as 'opened' and I figured I would try and reseal it. The poor description must have put people off as it went for only 19 quid. It turned that opened actually meant a 1 cm crack in the top corner of the bubble
thumbnail-IMG-20191010-131236.jpg

And one of my favourite pieces, listed as 'Star Wars poster', I got this for four quid.

thumbnail-IMG-20190925-151257.jpg

I keep meaning to place blue paper behind the pin damage but it is what it is.

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Mr-shifter said:
Wow, that is by far one of the greatest bargains I've ever seen. Also love the Fett ... great price for a great piece.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:

That proof has to be the winner surely? What are they worth in say C9 condition? I don't know anything about proofs

stormcab

Sith Lord
chipsteak said:

Two things of mine spring to mind. Firstly, a Stormtrooper that was described simply as 'opened' and I figured I would try and reseal it. The poor description must have put people off as it went for only 19 quid. It turned that opened actually meant a 1 cm crack in the top corner of the bubble

And one of my favourite pieces, listed as 'Star Wars poster', I got this for four quid.

haha what a touch they got the description wrong. What's the significance of the Menzies sticker

lejackal

Grand Master
stormcab said:
Mr-shifter said:

That proof has to be the winner surely? What are they worth in say C9 condition? I don't know anything about proofs
About £600-1000, more for big hitters like Luke/Fett/Vader etc

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
stormcab said:
chipsteak said:

haha what a touch they got the description wrong. What's the significance of the Menzies sticker

Probably not much to most people but I have a Menzies fetish! They had the best Star Wars selection in Glasgow for a while.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
stormcab said:
Mr-shifter said:

At the time, the less desirable revenge proofs were going for maybe £300/£350 in very good condition. I think these days you would struggle to pick one up for less than a grand and i see some of the more desirable up for silly money. £2-£3k upwards.

When these were sold originally it was possible to get a set for about $50 I think? Most came from one ex Kenner source. Even so, there is only thought to be about 50 of each character (up to 46 esb figures plus 2 oddities, thought to be c3po and r2), some less, so somewhere between 2000 and 2500 revenge proofs exist.

It's a one way street for me though. If I sell this it's gone, and I won't be buying another one back at today's prices.

I'm not selling it btw!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom