Disney + from outside the US

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
User avatar
robpmarsh
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2421
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: London, UK

Disney + from outside the US

Post by robpmarsh » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:34 am

Looks like we are out of luck until they make it official......they are employing Amazon's approach to detecting VPN's as it's showing the "LocationNotAllowedException", message: "User is not allowed to use the app in their current location." message in web browsers.

Well Disney.....i'd be happy to pay to watch The Mandalorian, but if you're gonna be like this then i'll stream for free!
Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold!


my Swfuk feedback: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=21776

My Leia Hoth focus:
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=30198

User avatar
Capetown
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4733
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:30 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Disney + from outside the US

Post by Capetown » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:28 am

You could try the Netherlands with your VPN? We have access and a free 2 month trial to boot.

User avatar
TK-7785
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Disney + from outside the US

Post by TK-7785 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:03 pm

It'd be a pretty stupid move for Disney+ not to be available here at the same time as the rest of the world. That said, if they do screw us I'm with you, Rob. :twisted:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

User avatar
Sundancer Squadron
Regular
Regular
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:34 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Disney + from outside the US

Post by Sundancer Squadron » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:28 pm

Guess ill just go dark and find a way, with you on that Rob and TK 8) :lol:
Wanted
Legacy collection AT-TE Millennium Falcon

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3560
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 6:53 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: Disney + from outside the US

Post by Cazza » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:38 pm

I don't see why they can't launch the same time over here, just without the films etc that are tied up with Sky contracts etc. They could just add those in at a later date. Everyone is simply going to stream the Mandalorian from somewhere- they're gonna lose out big time!
Collecting SW since 1980.
Image
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

User avatar
robpmarsh
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2421
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Disney + from outside the US

Post by robpmarsh » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:06 pm

Capetown wrote:You could try the Netherlands with your VPN? We have access and a free 2 month trial to boot.
Not working when connected via VPN to Netherlands either
Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold!


my Swfuk feedback: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=21776

My Leia Hoth focus:
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=30198

User avatar
TK-7785
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Disney + from outside the US

Post by TK-7785 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:50 pm

The latest news I have heard is that due to Sky's current licensing deal to show Disney content, Disney+ cannot launch in the UK till the 1st quarter of 2020 when that license runs out. If this is true, and I haven't heard anything to the contrary, it would seem we are being shafted. Whilst the majority of the rest of the world get to watch The Mandalorian from mid Nov we will have to try and avoid spoilers for 2-4 months. Fuck that!

It feels even more bitter given that fact that I feel this could be the show that starts to bring back those fans who have little to no interest in the goings on of Poe, Rey, Finn etc. I shall find another to watch Mando. Nice one Disney! :roll:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

User avatar
Stubbs
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 712
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Re: Disney + from outside the US

Post by Stubbs » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:57 pm

TK-7785 wrote:The latest news I have heard is that due to Sky's current licensing deal to show Disney content, Disney+ cannot launch in the UK till the 1st quarter of 2020 when that license runs out. If this is true, and I haven't heard anything to the contrary, it would seem we are being shafted. Whilst the majority of the rest of the world get to watch The Mandalorian from mid Nov we will have to try and avoid spoilers for 2-4 months. Fuck that!

It feels even more bitter given that fact that I feel this could be the show that starts to bring back those fans who have little to no interest in the goings on of Poe, Rey, Finn etc. I shall find another to watch Mando. Nice one Disney! :roll:

Thanks for the update Chris. If that is the case then that really does suck i would have signed up to Disney+ for this and still will when it finally launches here. If they don't drop the whole season in one go at least we might get the option to binge watch the whole thing but still i would rather see it at the same time as everyone else.

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3560
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 6:53 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: Disney + from outside the US

Post by Cazza » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:45 pm

Collecting SW since 1980.
Image
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

User avatar
TK-7785
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Disney + from outside the US

Post by TK-7785 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:20 pm

Cazza wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:45 pm
31st March :shock: :o :? :evil: :roll:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... s-50344494
And a massive fuck you to you, Disney! :evil: This is a fucking joke. Do they really expect god knows how many fans to try and remain spoiler free for nearly 5 months! Congratulations, Disney, you've just created the perfect storm for piracy. :roll:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1647
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Disney + from outside the US

Post by stormcab » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:10 pm

If VPNs are being spotted, can you use the account of someone who lives in the US? My cousin lives in Vegas, when he signs up could I just ask him to send me his login details and go via a VPN?

User avatar
TK-7785
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Disney + from outside the US

Post by TK-7785 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:47 pm

stormcab wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:10 pm
If VPNs are being spotted, can you use the account of someone who lives in the US? My cousin lives in Vegas, when he signs up could I just ask him to send me his login details and go via a VPN?
Great idea. Can you share the details with all of us when you get them? :wink:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

User avatar
lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 5639
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am

Re: Disney + from outside the US

Post by lejackal » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Just a word of warning, no spoilers please once you do all watch it, the ban hammer was upgraded at the same time as the forum :D

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1647
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Disney + from outside the US

Post by stormcab » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:45 pm

TK-7785 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:47 pm
stormcab wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:10 pm
If VPNs are being spotted, can you use the account of someone who lives in the US? My cousin lives in Vegas, when he signs up could I just ask him to send me his login details and go via a VPN?
Great idea. Can you share the details with all of us when you get them? :wink:
lol. Surely most of us must have made a friend in the US from being in this collecting game?

User avatar
Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Disney + from outside the US

Post by Darth Bobby » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:16 pm

They’ve dropped a bollock here, I was well up for subscribing, doubt anyone will wait til March to watch the Mandalorean. Pretty shoddy really.

Post Reply