Episode 9...your personal feelings *No Spoilers*

Will you be going to see Ep9 in the cinema?

• Hell yes! I've already given Disney my wallet, bank details and first born.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • I'm interested to see what they do with the next chapter.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I'm on the fence.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • If most fans say it's good, I could be persuaded.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Hell no! I'm making an effigy of Rian and Kathleen that weekend.

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Now this guy talks sense... crazy that so many people on FB/YouTube etc blindly believe all this stuff!

[youtube]sYMeI-Hi4Ww[/youtube]

UKS

Jedi Knight
Supposedly social media blackout ends at 8:30 PST tonight. So be careful!

(Visual dictionary and soundtrack titles have also leaked)

I've been told by a friend that the script is now out there in a few peoples hands. I'm not interested myself, but I am sure many are.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
The spoiler-free Twitter reactions from the premiere are in...

Quite mixed. Sounds like A LOT happens and it's an absolute roller coaster...

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes I've read some, kind of good but some worrying comments. But come on whats not to like it's Christmas and there is new Star Wars film to watch. :D

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I watched this analysis of TLJ (link below) the other day and I have to be honest I think it makes some very valid points about some of the choices that Rian made in regards to Luke, The Force and Jedi lore in his movie. I'm saying that as someone who really didn't enjoy TLJ when I first saw it, for many reasons. Some time to reflect is good however and whilst I still have some pretty major reservations of the sequel trilogy as a whole, I think this video does help to give a good, fresh perspective of some of it's perceived faults by those of us who decided to get off the Disney train post TLJ.

Where my opinion still hasn't changed is with the parts of the film that I still see as having been fundamentally fluffed. Namely the arc and treatments of the new characters. I'm still of the opinion that I don't care about Rey as she's a bit too vapid and hollow and comes out of every challenge on top, the main bad guys, Hux etc, just aren't intimidating, Finn's arc as a redeemed Stormtrooper has been wasted and Poe was two entirely different people between TFA and TLJ. There's also the pointless Canto Shite adventure with Rose and a really dull, slow space chase. And as a whole the trilogy thus far has really just echoed the major plot beats of the OT. As Lucas said after watching TFA, "you've done nothing new here".

Anyway, my point is although as a result of TLJ I just haven't felt invested in the new characters, not because I was an "angry misogynistic racist fanboy" but rather because I just don't like them (because they have been weakly written), it is good to have your opinions challenged and as a result I will probably go and see TRS where I had previously not cared less. There are still a couple of caveats to that though...if some of the rumoured leaks are true and based on what a couple of trusted friends think of it, I might still just wait for "it to be released on cable" as Mark Hamill so cuttingly put it. :lol:

However TROS is received, how well or not it goes down with fans and regular bods alike, there will be a tiny minority on either side willing to draw blood over differing opinions. But I'm not fussed as I think the future of Star Wars is bright for the foreseeable future, post TROS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2cBTLsWiDg&list=PLbNO3rlUcOeMrFjwiPx9QcAzmkPedA7bN&index=55&t=0s

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Well said, TK.

Here's a breakdown of the Twitter reactions:

Mike Ryan – Mixed

Adam Vary – Positive

Kristian Harloff – Positive

Da7e Gozales – Very Positive

Germain Lussier – Mixed

Jake Hamilton – Rave

Xilla Valentine – Rave