!!SPOILERS!! The Mandalorian Spoilers Allowed Discussion Thread

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Loved this last episode- shame to lose Kuuil & IG11. Came together and there was a real sense of urgency. Some of the episodes felt a little thinly written, slow and basic- especially episode 4. However, overall it was great and has fantastic potential for the second series. Fabulous moment when the Darksaber came through the hull of the TIE 8)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Wow, what a start to Season 2! Absolutely loved it- the scale seemed bigger. Loved seeing R5, complete with scorched motivator and Anakin's pod racer engine being used as a speeder. All very cool... and the big BF himself at the end... 8)

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Agreed. Great start to the season.
Hard to believe this is a TV series. Very cinematic.
My heart sank when they mentioned going to Tatooine (again!).
But apart from a few minor niggles, it turned into a very enjoyable episode overall.
Loved the R5, Krayt Dragon and Anakins Podracer cameos and.......
I nearly fell off the sofa when (presumably) Mr Fett appeared at the end. What a cliffhanger!

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
The last few months have been a Star Wars free zone. With everything that's been going on I just haven't had the headspace for it. Haven't had the spare cash to buy anything as much more important things to think about. Tuned in last night to see the new episode and wow, what a shot in the arm! Old school Star Wars! Absolutely loved it, can't wait for the next episode. After all these years we discover he survived, so tastefully and intelligently done. Great use of the sandpeople, seems they're not all bad after all!

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I thought it was a great episode, let's hope they can keep it going for the rest of the season.

I especially liked the comb over on the cyclops gangster

egglett

Padawan
Supporter
I was going to wait till this series was done and do the lot in one sitting but after reading Darth Bobbys post its got me intrigued :)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Great second episode. Plenty to love in this one, although would've liked the longer run time of the first episode. Cool McQuarrie spiders. They were great in Rebels, but even better here.

Definitely feels similar to the first series in terms of starting with a few loosely-linked episodes, that could stand alone, gradually coming together to form a bigger picture 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree. I've seen complaints grumbling that the plot of episode 2 hasn't advanced the overall story of the series fast enough, but firstly, it is consistent pacing with the first series (so we should perhaps expect this), and secondly, it is still only episode 2, and thirdly, I thought it was actually a good adventure episode featuring monsters (in this case McQuarrie spiders), which has always been a staple of the Star Wars universe.

I'm sure the overall story will pick up pace as the series progresses (at least I hope it does!), but for now I am content and pleased just to have good new Star Wars content to watch.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
I do love the series etc, but there are some gripes. I have to say, last year I was rushing to watch the show, but the enthusiasm has started to wear off a little bit

Too many similar episodes. Mando has to perform a task to achieve gold, Jawas, Village, Tusken, Frog lady.

There's a lot of crowing about how amazeballs it is with all these creators coming on board, but its as if they arent talking to each other and just want to make a Star Wars and have people tell them how cool it is. Baby Yoda does provide moments of fun and cuteness, its comic relief that Jar Jar couldnt provide in the PT.

At least we have some threads that should come together now: mysterious character at end of 10, the search for the people of BY, the search for more Mandoes, Moff Gideon, the fertilization of frog ladies eggs, the possible Treadwell stand alone movie, has anyone used the shitter in the Razorcrest - are we going to have a BY toilet training episode...

I'm hoping we have a bit more streamlining of the delivery, the potential here is immense and I still hope for a Bounty Hunters of ESB show using this tech.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm loving it so far, all the family sit down together to watch it wife included and amazingly 10 year old daughter love it. Admittedly mainly because of Yoda.

For me Rogue 1 and the Mandalorian have shown that 'This is the way'.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom