SPOILERS THREAD-The Rise of Skywalker-SPOILERS THREAD

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
You'd like it in Singapore, apparently they've had to cut those 2 seconds of hot girl-on-girl action to avoid an adult rating. :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-50899836

yeah I'd of preffered to watch the Singapore version. Don't have a problem with men or women kissing each other but this was just put into the film to make it 'woke'

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
subzero said:
jedisearcher said:
subzero said:
Rotten Tomatoes currently sitting at 57%, and these are CRITIC reviews ( which are usually much higher rated compared to user's ), my god I can't wait to see where it's going to tank to once USER reviews start pouring in tomorrow. I'm glad this has happened, it actually makes me happy, I'm really looking forward to seeing this film completely ****ing bomb.

You probably should have waited for the audience scores before being glad it completely ****ing bombed.

Critics 56%
Audience 86%

Lol, you're obviously not aware the Rotten Tomatoes score is clearly rigged. The audience scores everywhere else on the internet is sitting at around 50 - 60%+ ( metacritic and IMDB for example ).

I thought Rotten Tomatoes would be the same but turns out the score has been manipulated with. The 'audience' score only shows the 'verified' audience score ( viewers who bought tickets through a certain channel to be classed as 'verified' ), and then there's 'ALL' audience which includes everyone else's reviews, which are not included in the so called 86% score. A few days ago when you clicked onto 'all' audience the score was at about 70%, but now they've even hidden that so you can't see it ( I wonder why ), the only score you can now see is the 'verified' 86% score.

A score which is rigged anyway, all the way back from 500 reviews up until 50,000+ the score has sat at 86%, and it has not budged not even 1% the entire time which is statistically impossible. It's clearly tampered with and faked. It says volumes when the 'critics' score is extremely low which just happens to be a score that RT can't tamper with.

Rotten Tomatoes is also literally owned by Hollywood, and the guy running it used to be a Disney executive ( go figure ).

Haha, it was you using the RT score in the first place when you thought it was going to show what you wanted it to :)

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Just back from my first viewing today. I somehow managed to avoid almost all spoilers (just heard about the same-sex kiss, which I was convinced was going to be Poe & Finn. I almost pissed myself laughing when I saw what some people were getting so worked up about), so I've also only read through this post today.

On the plus side, I really enjoyed it whilst watching it - it moved at a cracking pace. They've FINALLY twigged that the one of the main plus points of the OT is the camaraderie & interaction between the main characters. (It was only when watching TFA & TLJ the other day that I realised Poe and Rey didn't even meet till the end of TLJ - WTF were they thinking?!). The main actors look like they're enjoying themselves, and it's interesting to read that improvisation was allowed for the first time in the ST films, so I wonder how much of that interplay was improvised. I enjoyed most of the nods to the previous films, and they did the best they could to include Leia. I had something in my eye quite a few times during the second half of the film.

The negatives... Yet another rehash of 'The Best of Star Wars'; trying to rewrite/blot out TLJ, particularly Rey's background - it's clear that TLJ is saying anyone can be force-sensitive and is setting Rey up to be 'nobody'; seeming to kill off almost all the main characters; First Order troopers of all types are now worse than useless; the nods to the previous films (yeah, I know I put that in as a plus too, but it's clearly trying to get the fans onside again). It felt like there was too much it was trying to do.

Overall I wish the people creating the films hadn't pandered to what they think the fans want, and just created a trilogy that went its own way whilst being respectful to the PT/OT. I wish Disney had gone into the ST with a plan and stuck to it - to say how much they paid for Star Wars they've done a **** job of looking after it, and it's pretty clear the Disney execs don't understand Star Wars at all. At the moment Disney seem fresh out of ideas across the board... but then that seems to be a problem with Hollywood generally at the moment. Whilst I enjoyed TLJ I understand why some hated it, but at least it had the balls to be the first different Star Wars film since ESB. I just wish the ST films had been more middle ground than the extremes they are.

I watched TFA and TLJ earlier this week, and enjoyed them both too. It'll be interesting to see how (or more importantly if) the films stand up as a trilogy once the dust has settled and I can view them more objectively. After all, ESB wasn't particularly well received by critics and fans alike when it first came out.

subzero

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
subzero said:
jedisearcher said:
You probably should have waited for the audience scores before being glad it completely ****ing bombed.

Critics 56%
Audience 86%

Lol, you're obviously not aware the Rotten Tomatoes score is clearly rigged. The audience scores everywhere else on the internet is sitting at around 50 - 60%+ ( metacritic and IMDB for example ).

I thought Rotten Tomatoes would be the same but turns out the score has been manipulated with. The 'audience' score only shows the 'verified' audience score ( viewers who bought tickets through a certain channel to be classed as 'verified' ), and then there's 'ALL' audience which includes everyone else's reviews, which are not included in the so called 86% score. A few days ago when you clicked onto 'all' audience the score was at about 70%, but now they've even hidden that so you can't see it ( I wonder why ), the only score you can now see is the 'verified' 86% score.

A score which is rigged anyway, all the way back from 500 reviews up until 50,000+ the score has sat at 86%, and it has not budged not even 1% the entire time which is statistically impossible. It's clearly tampered with and faked. It says volumes when the 'critics' score is extremely low which just happens to be a score that RT can't tamper with.

Rotten Tomatoes is also literally owned by Hollywood, and the guy running it used to be a Disney executive ( go figure ).

Haha, it was you using the RT score in the first place when you thought it was going to show what you wanted it to :)

Yep, didn't know it was all rigged though back then, I only found out afterwards. It become pretty big news which was going around which is how I found out.

GLucas

Padawan
I did it! Yes, finally I did it: watch TROS. And I've enjoyed most of it as a good fantasy movie. They gave Rose a small role in it, but I had the feeling that they also could have done this for Finn. I most like the 'dark' scenes and the references to the OT, but Palpatine's part, well it's a pity in some way or the other. Couldn't entirely convince me. His dead, mwahhh.... I don't know. Rey and Poe are nice, interacting good. But Lando? We didn't get much Lando in the movie. Love the short return of Han, touching moment (love Harrison). Leia's dead tear jerking, such a loss and nice touch of Luke aka Swamp moving X-Wing. Overall it's fine and I am glad that it's over. So now please more Mandalorian style stuff :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom