? Fake nikto staff

Palpatine

Padawan
Supporter
Hi people
I've just received a nikto staff and whilst it floats initially it sinks when pressure is applied. My other 3 (which I believe are legit all float). I have a painted repro one which sinks for comparison (it's cast in light grey and appears to be painted a darker grey). This appears to be the same sculpt and paint job as my eBay purchase.
Should all nikto staffs float even when pressure is applied?
Thanks
Photos to follow
Neil

Palpatine

Padawan
Supporter
image.jpg
image.jpg

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Have you checked against the TIG ref guide

Looks repro but I'm no expert, see what the other guys chip in

https://www.imperialgunnery.com/staffs-axes

Palpatine

Padawan
Supporter
Brilliant
Thanks guys
The TIG guide doesn't specify whether all nikto staffs float or sink which is why I was checking. The mould and the paint are way different on the bottom 2 and I'd always presumed the 4th one down was repro (I only kept it for comparison). The buyer has great feedback on eBay and the 3 other figures/ weapons seem legit! Maybe this one slipped by him...... Let's see whether he agrees to return??

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Why o why is something so cheap faked?
Just doesn't seem worth it...

lejackal

Grand Master
Mini99 said:

Because they're not 5 quid Nikto staffs any more, they're 15-20 quid Yak Face staffs :lol:

jayums

Jedi Master
Is there some kind of secret handshake I never learnt so I can get Nikto staffs for a fiver?! :roll:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
lejackal said:
Mini99 said:

Because they're not 5 quid Nikto staffs any more, they're 15-20 quid Yak Face staffs :lol:

Totally agree mate £15-£20 for legit on eBay or one of the facebook groups.

Unfortunately the 4th and 5th staff's like other have said are repro you can tell just from looking at the shiny paint application these staff's don't have a shine to them they look gloss.

Palpatine

Padawan
Supporter
Thanks again for your comments.... buyer has agreed a return! It's more annoying that you check before hand that item is 100% legit, the buyer has 100% feedback and you still get sent repro!

I've scraped more paint off my fake one out of curiosity and it is a thin, glossy darker layer of paint. And the weapon seems to be cast of lighter grey plastic.

On close up the originals are much more detailed... similar to TIG guide👍

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I have ringed the most easily identifiable difference on the painted repro v1 on TIG that you can see in photos on eBay etc. This along with the fact it sinks.

Unfortunately the new v2 repro replicates the original design more closely and floats. However, there are still some distinguishable differences.

Attachments

• 35E0C6D9-927B-404C-90CD-4C4C1F5761AE.jpeg
    35E0C6D9-927B-404C-90CD-4C4C1F5761AE.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 944
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom