Real vinyl caped Jawa?

jayjedi

Sith Lord
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124043740654?ul_noapp=true

I don't know if anyone saw it but I am not sure. All the other figures are from a later time, the cape looks the wrong shape in one of the photos but its going strong bid wise.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Really hard to say from the sellers pictures although it is the right shape but the colour does look a little to dark. The fact that the seller mentioned a problem with uploading more pictures due to a problem with eBay and they don't have that much feedback I would be a little unsure about the whole thing but the buyer probably will be covered is they use paypal.

It's always a gamble and I managed to pick one up for £85 once as I took a chance so you never know.

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Would you be covered by Paypal?
There is no mention of the Jawa having a vinyl cape so has the seller mis-sold?
I will admit that the bit at the end about not being able to add pictures, low feedback and most of the figures being RoTJ would send alarm bells to me.
I hope that the buyer is happy🤔

stu70

Padawan
I couldn't tell you if it was a genuine VCJ or not but these type of listings, job lot of figures usually in fair to poor condition with what appears to be a VCJ in among them do seem to crop up on Ebay. Seller usually makes no mention of it in the listing at all or cannot confirm whether it's genuine or not , probably trying to avoid a claim from the winning bidder. I wouldn't want to be spending over a grand to find out.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Would you be covered by Paypal?
There is no mention of the Jawa having a vinyl cape so has the seller mis-sold?
I will admit that the bit at the end about not being able to add pictures, low feedback and most of the figures being RoTJ would send alarm bells to me.
I hope that the buyer is happy🤔

Good point about maybe not being covered by PP on this deal although as specific questions have been asked about the VCJ on the listing then you might get lucky. That said though there's no way that I would have taken the chance at that price but hopefully it will all work out in some way for the buyer.

Ian

lejackal

Grand Master
You're covered even if there is no claim that it is original in the listing, the seller must declare if it is not, otherwise if it is found not to be original you can send it back, I've done it several times with fake accessories.

lejackal

Grand Master
Plus the seller included this in the description:

All Original KENNER Star Wars Figures weapons and accessories.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
All good points Carl,😀 but as Ian said, there's no way that I would "gamble" that sort of money on this lot.

UKS

Jedi Knight
It looks like a trimmed Obi-Wan cloak to me.

Which is an original KENNER accessory.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom