SWTOTW, Week 4, 2020 Rebel Command Center Adventure Set

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Rebel Command Center Adventure Set:

kk.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The rather grandly named Sears exclusive 'Rebel Command Center Adventure Set'... Or more accurately, another rip-off courtesy of Sears and the Kenner School of Recycled Garbage!

Honestly, the figures that came with this 1981 set aside (because they aren't garbage - they're actually very good, and at the time Sears were flogging this set, those 3 figures were exclusive to Sears), this feeble effort really is a ropey old piece of crap! The Kenner 'Land of the Jawas Action Playset' base recycled in white for the second time (having already been foisted back upon us once for the only-slightly-less-crap 'Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set' the previous year), only this time without the escape pod, obviously. The cheapest cardboard backdrop in history (this time without even the novelty of the lift that raised a Jawa up into a hugely undersized cardboard Sandcrawler in the 'Land of the Jawas', or a Snowtrooper up inside the scandalously minuscule alleged AT-AT that the 'Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set' had the cheek to claim it included), which only shows a rather crowded painted scene from inside the main Rebel Hangar on Hoth, and that's it! Yes, the recycled base retains its action levers (along with a rather unlikely cave and Sandcrawler tracks!), but otherwise this set does less than a dead tortoise!

Can you tell I don't think much of this one? :lol:

Anyway, here's my unused example... because collecting vintage Star Wars sometimes makes you buy crap toys :lol::

ROPOC - 01.jpg

ROPOC - 02.jpg

ROPOC - 03.jpg

ROPOC - 04.jpg

ROPOC - 05.jpg

ROPOC - 06.jpg

ROPOC - 07.jpg

ROPOC - 08.jpg

ROPOC - 09.jpg

ROPOC - 10.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
The rather grandly named Sears exclusive 'Rebel Command Center Adventure Set'... Or more accurately, another rip-off courtesy of Sears and the Kenner School of Recycled Garbage!

Honestly, the figures that came with this 1981 set aside (because they aren't garbage - they're actually very good, and at the time Sears were flogging this set, those 3 figures were exclusive to Sears), this feeble effort really is a ropey old piece of crap! The Kenner 'Land of the Jawas Action Playset' base recycled in white for the second time (having already been foisted back upon us once for the only-slightly-less-crap 'Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set' the previous year), only this time without the escape pod, obviously. The cheapest cardboard backdrop in history (this time without even the novelty of the lift that raised a Jawa up into a hugely undersized cardboard Sandcrawler in the 'Land of the Jawas', or a Snowtrooper up inside the scandalously minuscule alleged AT-AT that the 'Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set' had the cheek to claim it included), which only shows a rather crowded painted scene from inside the main Rebel Hangar on Hoth, and that's it! Yes, the recycled base retains its action levers (along with a rather unlikely cave and Sandcrawler tracks!), but otherwise this set does less than a dead tortoise!

Can you tell I don't think much of this one? :lol:

Anyway, here's my unused example... because collecting vintage Star Wars sometimes makes you buy crap toys :lol::

ROPOC - 01.jpg

ROPOC - 02.jpg

ROPOC - 03.jpg

ROPOC - 04.jpg

ROPOC - 05.jpg

ROPOC - 06.jpg

ROPOC - 07.jpg

ROPOC - 08.jpg

ROPOC - 09.jpg

ROPOC - 10.jpg

Sounds like that you do not like this set :lol:

I agree the set is not good, the best of the set is the background of hoth and the figures :lol: but what can a kid use it for :? you can't park an x-wing in it :lol:

But that is a beautiful mint set that you have, thanks for sharing it :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Here are pictures from the set in my collection :lol: I can't say much about it. I have never seen it for sale in denmark in the 80s and I have never found it in a danish childhood lot :lol: I first learned about it in 2001 when I started to collect.

Rebel Command Center Adventure Set 01.jpg

Rebel Command Center Adventure Set 02.jpg

Rebel Command Center Adventure Set 04.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Here are pictures from the set in my collection :lol: I can't say much about it. I have never seen it for sale in denmark in the 80s and I have never found it in a danish childhood lot :lol: I first learned about it in 2001 when I started to collect.

That's a lovely set you have there yourself, Lars! What a terrific condition box.

Thanks for sharing it :)

spoons

Grand Master
Lovely examples guys. Another set I know little about so thanks for posting

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
spoons said:

Thanks, Andy... although IMHO, you're not missing much! :lol:

I'll give it this much; just like the Cloud City Playset, the box it comes in is pretty nice... But it's a bit tragic when that's the best thing you can find to say about a toy! :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
the box it comes in is pretty nice... But it's a bit tragic when that's the best thing you can find to say about a toy! :lol:

Often the way though, even today.
Nice sets guys.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Snaketibe said:
the box it comes in is pretty nice... But it's a bit tragic when that's the best thing you can find to say about a toy! :lol:

Often the way though, even today.
Nice sets guys.

Thanks, Nick... And of course, you're not wrong about the boxes!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

That's a lovely set you have there yourself, Lars! What a terrific condition box.

Thanks for sharing it :)

Thanks mate for the very kind words :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:

Thanks andy for the very kind word :D and I thought you knew everything about star wars :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
spoons said:

Thanks, Andy... although IMHO, you're not missing much! :lol:

I'll give it this much; just like the Cloud City Playset, the box it comes in is pretty nice... But it's a bit tragic when that's the best thing you can find to say about a toy! :lol:

:lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom