SWTOTW, Week 3, 2020 Weequay

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Weequay:

Weequay.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Even though I still loved Star Wars dearly, by the time Return of the Jedi came out in 1983, sadly (and stupidly) I had stopped collecting vintage figures. OK, that's not strictly true, as I did buy Chief Chripa, almost on principle, just so I owned a Jedi figure, but that's the only one I ever did and so I never owned a Weequay in my youth. This is a shame, and not just because I sold a collection that would one day be worth a small fortune for absolute peanuts. It's a shame because, common as muck though many might regard Mr Quay to be today, it's actually a pretty decent figure. A good sculpt and likeness of the on-screen character, complete with the correct colours (which can't be said for every Kenner effort ;-)), plus it held its weapon in a cool and accurate way! Compared to certain other figures I could name, Weequay is actually a pretty good one, and I suspect he would have a lot more love if he was just a little bit rarer.

I haven't found a huge number of variants of Weequay, but I do have a couple with different shades of brown paint and plastic, especially on the hands and head.

Small Dock - 01.jpg

Small Dock - 02.jpg

Small Dock - 03.jpg

UKS

Jedi Knight
I seem to remember I had a mass of Weequays from the "Woolworths" multi pack bags that came at the end of the series.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Even though I still loved Star Wars dearly, by the time Return of the Jedi came out in 1983, sadly (and stupidly) I had stopped collecting vintage figures. OK, that's not strictly true, as I did buy Chief Chripa, almost on principle, just so I owned a Jedi figure, but that's the only one I ever did and so I never owned a Weequay in my youth. This is a shame, and not just because I sold a collection that would one day be worth a small fortune for absolute peanuts. It's a shame because, common as muck though many might regard Mr Quay to be today, it's actually a pretty decent figure. A good sculpt and likeness of the on-screen character, complete with the correct colours (which can't be said for every Kenner effort ;-)), plus it held its weapon in a cool and accurate way! Compared to certain other figures I could name, Weequay is actually a pretty good one, and I suspect he would have a lot more love if he was just a little bit rarer.

I haven't found a huge number of variants of Weequay, but I do have a couple with different shades of brown paint and plastic, especially on the hands and head.

Small Dock - 01.jpg

Small Dock - 02.jpg

Small Dock - 03.jpg

2 mint variants, thanks for sharing them. Thanks for all the great info about the figures, I agree kenner did not **** up this figure, they mad it perfect :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
This is mine. Great sculpt. Love the way he holds the weapon. Awesome that you can still pick him up for under £5 delivered if you're lucky on eBay.

Attachments

• 4929A124-78DA-4836-AD2A-9F3D7B456BA2.jpeg
    4929A124-78DA-4836-AD2A-9F3D7B456BA2.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,321

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
This is mine. Great sculpt. Love the way he holds the weapon. Awesome that you can still pick him up for under £5 delivered if you're lucky on eBay.

Nice example 😎 he is a cool figure, think I paid a couple of quid for mine off ebay, in fact his staff cost more than him 😀

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:

Wow nice mint figure, thanks sharing it in the thread :D Yes the price is still fantastic with this figure :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:

A perfect example! Thanks for sharing :)

UKS

Jedi Knight
To be frank, I really disliked Weequay as a boy. As an adult I appreciate the sculpt, the way he stands in that skiff position with weapon. He makes a great collectable.

BUT

As a child, having plastic hair that makes his head almost fixed, and having odd position hands so he can't hold anything else or do anything like climb a rope or hold a blaster... well that made him (and his IIRC five bagged brothers) very limited in his play usage. Only once in my entire memory of my childhood do I remember even vaguely recreating the movies. My play was all the world of the UKS Expanded Universe, with even weirder adventures than the "real" EU.

And dammit man, those SW figs needed to hold their end up against the Red Shadows and BA.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom