Forum Figure of the Year 2020 - THE FINAL

Forum Figure 2020 - THE FINAL

• Yoda

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Jawa

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
So we reach this years final show piece, and for the first time we have a three way final, and as every other year a new name on the trophy.

FORMER CHAMPIONS
2014 : Stormtrooper
2015 : Boba Fett
2016 : Emperor's Royal Guard
2017 : Princess Leia Organa
2018 : Biker Scout
2019 : Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
2020 : ??????????

This years line up sees a figure from the Star Wars run of figures, a figure from the Empire Strikes Back run of figures and a figure from the Return of the Jedi run of figures, one from each movie, but only one can prevail.

1950355B-EB23-4D3D-8761-044A7CBF6A17.JPG

All three of this years finalists have been in fine form, big and dominant victories have seen them reach this stage.

Yoda has been very popular topping Group D by 14 votes, then in the first knockout stage absolutely battered Zuckuss 34-8, don't often see scorelines so one sided in the knockouts. A 14 vote victory over Luke Jedi in the third round saw him paired up against Luke in the quarters, it looked on paper a tough tie but it was an 8 vote difference as Yoda set up a semi final match with R5-D4, winning that one by 13 votes!!! :eek:

YODA'S RUN TO FINAL

GROUP D
33 pts. YODA
19 pts. AT-ST Driver
19 pts. 4-LOM
18 pts. Lando Calrissian (General Pilot)
10 pts. Han Solo in Carbonite
9 pts. Rancor Keeper
4 pts. Barada

2nd ROUND
beat Zuckuss 34-8

3rd ROUND
beat Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight) 27-13

QUARTER FINAL
beat Luke Skywalker 24-16

SEMI FINAL
beat R5-D4 27-14

Jawa reaches his first final having lost his two previous semi finals, although he still hasn't actually won a semi final as a draw saw him and Leia Boushh progress this time out. Jawa was responsible for the elimination of the defending champion this year has he eliminated Luke Bespin in the third round.

JAWA'S ROUTE TO THE FINAL

GROUP N
38 pts. Jawa
22 pts. Princess Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)
21 pts. Han Solo (Trench Coat)
18 pts. Wicket W. Warrick
13 pts. Emperor
4 pts. Nikto

2nd ROUND
beat Gamorrean Guard 31-11

3rd ROUND
beat Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) 25-18

QUARTER FINAL
beat IG-88 22-19

SEMI FINAL
Drew with Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise) 20-20

The final place in this grand finale went to Leia Boushh who beat last years runner up, R2D2, on the way to this round. A good year for the figure in an awesome disguise, could we see a second figure variant of Leia gain victory???

LEIA BOUSHH'S ROUTE TO THE FINAL

GROUP H
37 pts. Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)
29 pts. Ben 'Obi-Wan' Kenobi
21 pts. Imperial Commander
9 pts. Rebel Commando
7 pts. Max Rebo
4 pts. Droopy McCool

2nd ROUND
beat Greedo 27-12

3rd ROUND
beat R2-D2 22-18

QUARTER FINAL
beat Hammerhead 26-16

SEMI FINAL
Drew with Jawa 20-20

Interestingly in 2018 both Yoda and Jawa were in a three way semi final, both missed out on a place in the final as Biker Scout eliminated both on the way to victory. This year was Yoda's fourth semi final and he'll be delighted that he finally managed to win one.

So there it is, in three days time one of these three figures will join the forum list on winners and will hold the prestigious title of SWFUK's favourite figure.

Please choose your FAVOURITE figure

Voting closes on Wednesday 19th at 1300

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
As Jawa and yoda are obvious choices to win at some point, I'm going to go Leia Boushh. Doubt we'll see her this high again.

Remember getting her as a child. Good times. Behaviour bribed by Star Wars figures.

CaptainAntilles

Padawan
it was all set for Yoda to storm the final but this 3 way shoot out has changed the outlook for our little green friend . Looks like its going to be tight

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
I vote Yoda. What a figure. But just like 2018 I think Yoda and jawa will take votes of each other paving the way for a Boushh win.

I think that you could be right....

MarkG

Jedi Master
As much as l like the little green guy, i have to give Leia the vote here.. the removable helmet feature was always a hands down winner and childhood favourite for me.

UKS

Jedi Knight
There is no way Leia should win. Poor balance, tiny hands that can't hold anything, inaccurate features (looks like Vasquez from Aliens), useless weapon and the helmet gimmick was crushed by the better Lando skiff and Luke stormtrooper.

Yoda has multi-accessories, a Unique shape (hump!) and a removable cap that is designed for the figure (unlike Jawa)

So Yoda to win!

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Pomse2001 said:
scooternick said:
Jawa was the first figure I stole as a child (from a mates collection) so it is very dear to my heart!

How many more did you steal ? :lol:

Yoda for me 8)

Fairly sure my death star commander and at least one of my stormtroopers came from the same source! Jawa was the one that was always hard to get hold of in the shops round our way.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Yoda for me, one of my favourites as a kid, and still is. Maybe a certain TV show has also influenced his popularity this year?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
scooternick said:
Pomse2001 said:
scooternick said:
Jawa was the first figure I stole as a child (from a mates collection) so it is very dear to my heart!

How many more did you steal ? :lol:

Yoda for me 8)

Fairly sure my death star commander and at least one of my stormtroopers came from the same source! Jawa was the one that was always hard to get hold of in the shops round our way.

Sounds like you were a naughty boy :lol:

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Has to be Leia for me just remember having fun playing with all the bounty hunters as a kid and later including Leia in her disguise "he's holding a thermal detonator "...………. :D

scooternick

Jedi Knight
AndyPreston said:
Yoda for me, one of my favourites as a kid, and still is. Maybe a certain TV show has also influenced his popularity this year?

Agreed, I reckon it was quite a big influencer on the final rounds this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom