Latest Modern Acquisitions

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I picked this up this week, never seen one before, but of course that doesn't make it rare where "Modern" is concerned.
This is a MISB Sand Trooper with his ride, in Italian GIGI packaging, which those that know me is my Modern focus.

Attachments

• CEA089EC-E598-4958-9ECD-951E6DD397AE.jpeg
    CEA089EC-E598-4958-9ECD-951E6DD397AE.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,116

The89thchris

Padawan
Nice score Mini! I'm biased because I was 7 or 8 when that came out and I thought the action feature on the jaw was the best thing ever. That's the first time I've seen that packaging variant.

Here's my latest modern piece:

image010.jpg

Saw one deliberately hidden behind some pokemon product in EB Games (Canadian Game Stop) and couldn't resist. I tend to open these. I thought about cropping out the vectrex and vintage heavy metal but the pic lost a lot of character :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
The89thchris said:
Nice score Mini! I'm biased because I was 7 or 8 when that came out and I thought the action feature on the jaw was the best thing ever. That's the first time I've seen that packaging variant.

Here's my latest modern piece:

image010.jpg

Saw one deliberately hidden behind some pokemon product in EB Games (Canadian Game Stop) and couldn't resist. I tend to open these. I thought about cropping out the vectrex and vintage heavy metal but the pic lost a lot of character :lol:
Nice one The89thchrisI wondered when someone would post one of these.
These are a bit too modern for me, but the Vintage range of vehicles is pretty impressive.
Apologies, I've not been over on Tantive for a while. :oops:

grinchy

Sith Lord
Great to see you over here mate, love the mando troop transporter, very nice
Well my 1/6 scale collecting has another one to add to the pile, this time a 1/6 scale deluxe sideshow R2, has so many options a very nice piece

q0wsuHpl.jpg

x8XK3C7l.jpg

PLopSQXl.jpg

It lights up but has no sounds which i don't mind as i'd hardly ever use that function anyway

frtsFAMl.jpg

QjmAoVVl.jpg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
grinchy said:
Well my 1/6 scale collecting has another one to add to the pile, this time a 1/6 scale deluxe sideshow R2, has so many options a very nice piece

q0wsuHpl.jpg

x8XK3C7l.jpg

PLopSQXl.jpg

It lights up but has no sounds which i don't mind as i'd hardly ever use that function anyway

frtsFAMl.jpg

QjmAoVVl.jpg

Stunning piece Grinchy, nice addition to your lovely collection 😎👍

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Indeed very nice pick up sounds like you beat a staff member who hid it for when he/she was off shift. I have got the troop transport on pre order, It will get here at some point in the year :lol: :x :roll:

The89thchris

Padawan
Mini99 Don't worry about being over at Tantive or not. You've got more posts here than I've got everywhere combined. :lol: I just like checking out what's going on over here now and then.

grinchy That R2 looks amazing! I've thought about getting one before but I picked up the sphero electronic one on sale, that thing is way more impressive than it gets credit for. With a little black wash, it would look pretty great and all the light features are pretty screen accurate. Plus you can chase the cat around with it. :lol: I doubt I'll splurge on a Sideshow piece with that kicking around, but clearly the paint job and the drink tray accessories are brilliant on that one. :shock:

Sundancer Squadron I'm sure I did scoop it from an employee. Makes it just a little sweeter. :lol: AND I've got just about enough 5poa Rogue One Stormtroopers to display it properly. God bless those guys who are going to spend three times the cost of the vehicle to fill it with the new VC stormtroopers.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ruby2511 said:
grinchy said:

q0wsuHpl.jpg

x8XK3C7l.jpg

PLopSQXl.jpg

frtsFAMl.jpg

QjmAoVVl.jpg

Stunning piece Grinchy, nice addition to your lovely collection 😎👍

Wow...that R2 is really nice!

grinchy

Sith Lord
Well it came today, very impressed with him, the light up feature is very cool in person
QJ1h9PSl.jpg

took a couple of shots with the extras attached, i won't be using them but its nice to have the option
XBQOAKQl.jpg

Zr5iG5Wl.jpg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
grinchy said:
Well it came today, very impressed with him, the light up feature is very cool in person
QJ1h9PSl.jpg

took a couple of shots with the extras attached, i won't be using them but its nice to have the option
XBQOAKQl.jpg

Zr5iG5Wl.jpg

The detailing is amazing, nice piece 😎😎😎

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
At last, Mando' arrived. Posty decided to just dump it on the door step rather than the specific parcel/post box. Poor thing was sat on the door step for two or three days............Glad it didn't rain. :roll: :lol:

I forgot to get hold of Cara so ill have to try and find one at some point, baby yoda species on pre order so ill have the whole line soon enough. Until they give us a few more characters, and god knows when that will be.

Attachments

• IMG_0261 (2).JPG
    IMG_0261 (2).JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,190

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sundancer Squadron said:
At last, Mando' arrived. Posty decided to just dump it on the door step rather than the specific parcel/post box. Poor thing was sat on the door step for two or three days............Glad it didn't rain. :roll: :lol:

I forgot to get hold of Cara so ill have to try and find one at some point, baby yoda species on pre order so ill have the whole line soon enough. Until they give us a few more characters, and god knows when that will be.

Mine arrived Monday, really please with this one.
Looking forward to getting Baby Yoda later this year.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm really surprised that the little one wasnt released along side Mando; would of made business sense but yeah ok Hasbro making sense. Any character that you are looking forward to specifically or something you'd like to see?

Latest posts

Top Bottom