Modern collection thread

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
The likeness on some of these are in great, that anakin is scary in likeness

I have a soft spot for the 1/6 scale figures and think they are great

You have a nice collection of scale figures going on there Grinchy very nice indeed 8)

I love my vintage, but this " modern" collecting at some point in time will also become vintage, it all boils down to what " floats your boat"

Keep posting these additions up mate 8)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
I love my vintage, but this " modern" collecting at some point in time will also become vintage
Your not wrong Mike. :D
POTF2 is "technically" vintage now, the early POTF2 stuff is 25 years old.
Yes I know that the market was and still is to an extent awash with this stuff, but some of the rarer items (and yes there are some) are creeping up in collectability and in turn, price.
There are a lot of "vintage" collectors who also have a soft spot for modern and are building collections again.
For me its the same as what the younger members here felt buying and getting figures in the 70s and 80s, as I remember buying POTF2 in shops and enjoying them back in 1995, yes I am that old. :shock:
I also remember thinking that they were going to fund my pension too... :lol: :roll:

grinchy

Sith Lord
Cheers guys, I love both vintage and modern and collect both, one day some of this modern stuff will become vintage, bit of a ways off yet I think, the true vintage will always be our seventies and eighties figures :D

grinchy

Sith Lord
Got another one in, this time bespin han, its a sideshow body with a custom head, going to display him with the gas mask on its a bit different like that

4opMcUzl.jpg

djXXvf7l.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
I added a Hasbro Ben Kenobi robe to the Anakin, should really be a darker brown but I can live with it, put him in the cabinet along with Vader, also moved a couple of figures to my smaller display cabinet
78w7W0Tl.jpg

yiLp3T1l.jpg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
grinchy said:
I added a Hasbro Ben Kenobi robe to the Anakin, should really be a darker brown but I can live with it, put him in the cabinet along with Vader, also moved a couple of figures to my smaller display cabinet
78w7W0Tl.jpg

yiLp3T1l.jpg

Nice display Grinchy, those new additions are awesome likenesses 😎😎😎

grinchy

Sith Lord
Cheers mate, yeah they are really nicely done, wish I could afford more, but the proper hot toys stuff is so pricey, i'll stick to the customs :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Citadel Of Chaos was the first one I had and I ended up with most of the ones you've pictured as well as a few more. I found some a few years back in a charity shop but they were later editions as the pictures weren't these original ones. These books are so hard to get through though and frustrate the hell out of me. Now I remember why I stopped getting them :lol:

Nice to see though, they really do bring back a lot of memories (although mainly me throwing them across the room).

Ian

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
I had a ton of them over the years, might even still have a box full still hiding a away however I think one of my younger sisters squirrelled most of them away along with my black library stuff :? :roll: :lol:

Good to see these, dont think I have come across any in a long time to be honest.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Hello mate, thanks glad you like my collection, i am proud of it
Not looking for anything in particular,though i am looking for another 1/6 scale, i have nine 1/6 scale figures now, what'll be the tenth? :D
It'll probably be another custom figure, as the prices of hot toys is eye watering as you know, if money was no object i'd love the tarkin vader double pack, i can dream can't it :)

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
I was offered one of the twin packs last year and honestly, I kick myself for not picking it up. At the time, I had just purchased a hot toys K2SO. In the end, the seller ended up dipping out and vanishing and just refunded the money. The twin pack opportunity was gone by then.....

Looking at adding Obi wan or Clone commander Cody next, maybe both....Probably both. I still haven't managed to get hold of Jyn Erso though, or clone wars Anakin. :x

grinchy

Sith Lord
Thats a shame on the two pack, sorry you didn't get the figure at least you got the cash back
Jyn is a nice figure, hard to get now i've noticed, at least for a good price anyway, i hope you get what your after

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom