Generation Skywalker

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Chilled and listened to the first episode this morning with my collection around me. I have to say it was a great little escapism from all the **** that's going on and I really enjoyed the chat, hearing what you're all up to collecting wise at the moment and getting to know Craig a little bit. Sometimes it's nice to immerse yourself in a world you're familiar with and your discussion has made me reflect today on my own collecting journey, so thanks for that. Keep em' coming :)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Robstyley said:
Chilled and listened to the first episode this morning with my collection around me. I have to say it was a great little escapism from all the **** that's going on and I really enjoyed the chat, hearing what you're all up to collecting wise at the moment and getting to know Craig a little bit. Sometimes it's nice to immerse yourself in a world you're familiar with and your discussion has made me reflect today on my own collecting journey, so thanks for that. Keep em' coming :)

Thanks for that Rob :D :D :D

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Listened to the intro show today, nice to hear some familiar voices back on the 'airwaves' and it sounds like Craig will be an invaluable asset to the team. Sounding slick so far, look forward to checking out the first episodes soon.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
Robstyley said:

Thanks for that Rob :D :D :D

Just noticed our post counts Mark..! :lol:

Jez

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Listened to the intro show today, nice to hear some familiar voices back on the 'airwaves' and it sounds like Craig will be an invaluable asset to the team. Sounding slick so far, look forward to checking out the first episodes soon.

Thanks Edd :)
Robstyley said:
Great intro, I think this is going to be interesting!
Robstyley said:

Thanks Rob :)
Mini99 said:
Loving this so far.
Congratulations on putting a great group of knowledgeable collectors (and Jez) together for a new take on Star Wars collecting.
I wish you good luck with the new venture, but also feel that you won't need it. 8)
Oh, by the way...great logo by one of the best designers I know!

Thank you :D I fixed your comment for you :lol:
AndyPreston said:
Listened to the introductory episode today, great to hear you all on the airwaves again.

I like the sound of the new venture, something a bit different to whats out there at present. Best of luck with it and I'm looking forward to listening!

Thanks Andy

Darth Bobby said:
Listened to the introduction episode yesterday, will give the new episode a spin tomorrow. Sounds great.

Thank you :)

x-pack said:
Nice 8) Plenty of time on our hands to listen as well

Indeed! Thanks Barry.

mr_palitoy said:
Just finished the first Vintage Roundtable. Nice job lads!

:D

Jason

Thanks Jason :D

Cazza said:
Enjoyed the first episode and looking forward to the next one + the Youtube vids etc. I like the unique slant you guys are taking 8)

Fantastic, brilliant to see.

Scarifpacific said:
Just had a listen to the intro. I'm really looking forward to hearing more.

Brilliant

TK-7785 said:
This is exciting news, Stu! Will be giving this a listen tomorrow. :)

Awesome, I hope that you enjoyed it :)

Robstyley said:
Nice one Stu, sounds cool. I'll be checking this out for sure. Wld love to get involved at some point too. That logo's got Mark written all over it 8)

Mark is a creative Master!

TheJabbaWookie said:
Sweet. Can't wait. Hi I'll on Monday. :D

Brilliant :D

roundster said:
Really enjoyed that guys, great effort!

Looking forward to hearing more and hopefully inputting soon, you need a feature on hamilton plates yes?? :lol:

Definitely need a feature on Hamilton plates!

Lads thank you so much for the positive feedback and comments!

Dam you Stuart Skinner I was 100% never interested in anything apart from Vintage. However, I've just listened to that bloody interview with Chris Leddy talking about Hot Toys and you've got me looking at stuff online! Dam it!!

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
just finish all three listened to them whilst I was building an a airfix spitfire I bought at a boot sale 5 years ago proper escapism and really interesting in these uncertain times keep it up guys :)

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Another to keep you all busy, a little modern loving goes a long way.

Facebook.jpg

THE MODERN WAY - March 2020

Generation Skywalker introduce the first of their monthly Modern Roundtable shows - The Modern Way.

Daniel Burgess joins Simon, Mark, Craig and Stuart to discuss a few topics that have been in discussion over the last few months. They chat about the sad end to the 5 p.o.a. line, where is best to purchase modern items in the UK, delve into the 5" line before looking at a selection of Mandalorian items that have either been released or announced.

Will Dan allow his child to open some modern figures? Will Mark allow himself to like anything modern? Will Stuart weaken and buy a Hot Toys? Listen in as the team all deal with their own modern issues.

Enjoy the show!

We are Generation Skywalker!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Really enjoyed the first vintage round table "Those Old Fossils." Again nice to hear some Star Wars chat between some of the nicest people in the hobby. I like this short and regular format as to be honest I'll probably skip the next two episodes (Hot Toys and Modern) as they're not areas I collect, so it's good that I can just miss out those episodes rather than have to try and skip bits out in a massive long episode. Who knows, maybe I'll even come back to them if I run out of things to listen to. Look forward to the next vintage, film or video games episode! (hint hint)

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
thought I would post a quick pick showing the majesty of mongo from episode 2 of Gen Skywalker :D

Attachments

• DSCF0523.JPG
    DSCF0523.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 1,289

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
* * * * * * * * * * NEW SHOW NOW LIVE * * * * * * * * * *

Added little bonus of having SWFUK member spoons, Andrew Norton, on this episode.

Podbean.jpg

The DIEcast - Part 1

Generation Skywalker welcomes you to join them in the first of a 6 part series all on the world of Diecast toys over the years.

The first episode looks at the Vintage range of Diecast vehicles. Stuart is joined by Andrew Norton, a Diecast focus collector and owner/editor of www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.com, as the pair take a look at the range that was released and discuss each one on it's merits, as well as looking at the packaging, licenses, mailers and everything in between.

Join us for a fun ride through the land of Die Cast Metal and all it's wonders.

Enjoy the show!

We are Generation Skywalker!

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Really enjoyed these so far, guys. Interesting to listen to the Hot Toys edition, I've always admired how cool those figures look, but no way I can get into another expensive avenue of SW collecting.

I wondered, since you're covering modern topics in Gen Skywalker, how about a 90s special? Some people call it the dark times, but by the end of the decade we had quite a lot going on. By 97 Star Wars was very much back in the limelight. We had new toys on the shelves, the Special Edition... Just a thought (perhaps a controversial one...which is surely a good thing for a discussion). I know there are a few of us out there who have a very nostalgic soft spot for POTF2 etc.

Chris

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
Really enjoyed these so far, guys. Interesting to listen to the Hot Toys edition, I've always admired how cool those figures look, but no way I can get into another expensive avenue of SW collecting.

I wondered, since you're covering modern topics in Gen Skywalker, how about a 90s special? Some people call it the dark times, but by the end of the decade we had quite a lot going on. By 97 Star Wars was very much back in the limelight. We had new toys on the shelves, the Special Edition... Just a thought (perhaps a controversial one...which is surely a good thing for a discussion). I know there are a few of us out there who have a very nostalgic soft spot for POTF2 etc.

Chris

This is a cracking idea! We were getting a bit nostalgic over the Walkers Tazo craze in the late 90's recently so I think having a broader look at that era is definitely something we'll look at 8)

Thanks Chris :)

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Like Mark said we were chatting about these times the other night. I too absolutely adore POTF2 and have been buying plenty of it recently.

Glad you're enjoying the show TK-7785 really appreciate the feedback mate

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Did someone say POTF2....🙄
Great idea for a show...as long as the Italian Market, Tazzo's and the full size weapons are covered.😀

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Agree- POTF2, Tazo's etc are quite nostalgic for me as well. It was brilliant being able to go and buy new figures in the shops after what seemed like an eternity of nothing but Bend 'ems. I do regret switching my focus too much from vintage to POTF2, BUT I am still very fond of them- particularly Series 1 & 2 + SOTE.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom