Generation Skywalker

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
***** YouTube Video Live *****

Helix Reborn : The Full Story

We're fortunate to have both Craig Spivey and Mark Daniels as part of the Generation Skywalker team.

In 2017 Helix released a 40th Anniversary Star Wars range to celebrate their line from back in 1977. This came about thanks to Craig, Mark and Grant Criddle.

This YouTube video takes you through the journey on how the 40th Anniversary range came to be, from connecting with Helix through a twitter post to the release of the 40th Anniversary range. But that is only half the story and half the journey, join Mark and Craig as they relive the whole entire tale including a Presentation on the collecting track at Celebration Europe in 2016 and presenting the same talk to ALL the Helix work force.

This is a tale of three fans passion and where it can lead.

Enjoy the Show!

[youtube]IbMigjWlhuY[/youtube]

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Well that was enjoyable!
I've never listened to a pod cast in my life before but i might just listen to the previous ones now.
That while process with the Helix company was something else and is that our Mark :p
Great work our kid, such a shame they or Disney didn't let you expand on some of those ideas.
Yeah i could feel your pain in that 'office meeting' in the warehouse!
I have to be honest and say i didn't buy any of the 40th stuff although i was close.
However, i would have been all over the Tusken and Fett ESB pencil cases 8)

A great insight

Regards
Paul

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Pulsar said:
Well that was enjoyable!
I've never listened to a pod cast in my life before but i might just listen to the previous ones now.
That while process with the Helix company was something else and is that our Mark :p
Great work our kid, such a shame they or Disney didn't let you expand on some of those ideas.
Yeah i could feel your pain in that 'office meeting' in the warehouse!
I have to be honest and say i didn't buy any of the 40th stuff although i was close.
However, i would have been all over the Tusken and Fett ESB pencil cases 8)

A great insight

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul :) 8)

Glad you liked it and hopefully have you listening in and hopefully contributing in a future episode - as an old school collector who has some truly amazing items I think it would be great to chat to you on the show.

Cheers :)
Mark

Palifan

Sith Lord
Just watched the latest Helix themed episode on youtube and I thought it was hands down the best pod cast that I've ever heard/seen :D ! That was like a documentary so very well done to you all for putting that together and getting your story told.

Seeing you hand draw those pencil cases through time-lapse was stunning Mark and it's criminal that your designs were never produced. For me I would have loved the tusken raider one, nothing short of total class!

It's a shame that Helix fumbled the ball with the Leia case as that would have been one that I would have wanted and I didn't realise they made it so hard to get (probably why I never saw it out there).

This is going to be a hard show to beat for you guys but as you've only just started with this series you do have plenty of time to try. Really enjoying the different angle that you've come to the hobby with these and it's such a treat to get two really high quality podcasts out there for SW collecting with yourselves and the old favourite Vintage Rebellion.

Looking forward to hearing the next one and thank you all for taking the time and effort to make such an entertaining show, we all need something to look forward to right now.

Ian

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Just watched the latest Helix themed episode on youtube and I thought it was hands down the best pod cast that I've ever heard/seen :D ! That was like a documentary so very well done to you all for putting that together and getting your story told.

Seeing you hand draw those pencil cases through time-lapse was stunning Mark and it's criminal that your designs were never produced. For me I would have loved the tusken raider one, nothing short of total class!

It's a shame that Helix fumbled the ball with the Leia case as that would have been one that I would have wanted and I didn't realise they made it so hard to get (probably why I never saw it out there).

This is going to be a hard show to beat for you guys but as you've only just started with this series you do have plenty of time to try. Really enjoying the different angle that you've come to the hobby with these and it's such a treat to get two really high quality podcasts out there for SW collecting with yourselves and the old favourite Vintage Rebellion.

Looking forward to hearing the next one and thank you all for taking the time and effort to make such an entertaining show, we all need something to look forward to right now.

Ian

Thank you so much Ian, glad to hear you enjoyed it mate :) :) :)

Craig did an outstanding job putting it together, I think he's raised the bar, absolute honour to work with him.

I think we need to have a chat with you at some point too Ian, you're a long time collector who has seen a lot come and go, it'd be great to have you come on and have a chat.

Thanks again for the kind words :)
Mark

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thank you so much Ian, glad to hear you enjoyed it mate :) :) :)

Craig did an outstanding job putting it together, I think he's raised the bar, absolute honour to work with him.

I think we need to have a chat with you at some point too Ian, you're a long time collector who has seen a lot come and go, it'd be great to have you come on and have a chat.

Thanks again for the kind words :)
Mark
[/quote]

Cheers Mark and let me know when the time is right for having a chat, I'm sure I could talk about sticking opened card backs together or something lol!

Ian

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just finished Helix episode on you tube , what a top job well done to all involved , so interesting , glued to the screen from start to finish, how will you top this episode :)

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
bosk70 said:
Just finished Helix episode on you tube , what a top job well done to all involved , so interesting , glued to the screen from start to finish, how will you top this episode :)

We recorded a podcast last night and said the same thing. Think Craig has peaked too soon :D set the bar too high, we might let ScruffyLookingNH do the next one so the expectations are seriously lowered

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Blog artwork.jpg

To accompany the YouTube video of the 40th Helix Anniversary Range, Craig has also done a superb blog post which is crammed with information and pictures over on our website. Also includes a couple of videos which includes the recording of the Celebration panel.

https://generationskywalker.com/f/the-helix-40th-anniversary-stationery-range

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Facebook.jpg

New Podcast Live

HELIX REBORN : THE FULL STORY

We're fortunate to have both Craig Spivey and Mark Daniels as part of the Generation Skywalker team.

In 2017 Helix released a 40th Anniversary Star Wars range to celebrate their line from back in 1977. This came about thanks to Craig, Mark and Grant Criddle.

This podcast takes you through the journey on how the 40th Anniversary range came to be, from connecting with Helix through a Twitter post to the release of the 40th Anniversary range. But that is only half the story and half the journey, join Mark and Craig as they relive the entire tale including a presentation on the Collecting Track at Celebration Europe in 2016 and presenting the same talk to ALL of the Helix work force.

This is a tale of three fans passion and where it can lead.

Enjoy the Show!

This show is also available as an enhanced podcast over on our YouTube account, the images that go alongside this show are well worth checking out and the preferable way to get the most out of this podcast.

https://youtu.be/IbMigjWlhuY

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Stuart Skinner said:
bosk70 said:

We recorded a podcast last night and said the same thing. Think Craig has peaked too soon :D set the bar too high, we might let @ScruffyLookingNH do the next one so the expectations are seriously lowered

Wouldn't want to show you up, Stuart Skinner. It's not fair. Perhaps we could do one titled "Five Minute Focus" :p

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Facebook.jpg

***** NEW SHOW LIVE *****

Those Old Fossils - April 2020

Generation Skywalker return with their latest Vintage roundtable show - Those Old Fossils.

With everyone across the globe in different levels of lockdown, the team discuss various ways to spend your isolation involving Star Wars and most importantly collecting.

They look at the Palitoy Top 5 thread which ran over on the Star Wars Palitoy Facebook group where people showed off their five favourite Palitoy items, the conversation spirals off in all directions, including a look at a couple of Craig's childhood photos from Christmas and Halloween.

Talking of Palitoy, a beautiful collection containing mainly Palitoy items was sold recently by C&T Auctions, with the sale rooms closed the auction was online only, but the uncertainty of current day to day life didn't stop the items reach their potential. The group look at the auction and the results, and how well C&T did.

After a great blog post over on the Star Wars Collectors Archive by Ron Salvatore, the team look at the Argentinian Pepsi promotion and the items it included before moving onto Ron's article and the reproduction of the stickers from this promotion.

During lockdown we've seen some amazing collections show cased on Facebook, majority being from the States where space is more readily available, but the boys discuss displaying with limited space and making the most of the little space you have. This is an open ended topic as we will return to this in May, so please show us your collections and how you display when you don't have much space, do you have any inventive ways of displaying?

All this plus much more.

Enjoy the show.

We are Generation Skywalker!

https://podcasts.apple.com/…/generation-skywa…/id1502895941…

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-znq6k-da9845

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Check out this thread below, we really want to see your collections and we have a unique prize for one lucky participant.

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40818

[youtube]nFy5EZGui8Q[/youtube]

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
***** NEW SHOW LIVE *****

What more do you want on Star Wars Day!!!

Facebook.jpg

THE MODERN WAY : APRIL 2020

The Modern Way returns a little late with the April edition.

This month we see that "I hate Modern" Mark, buys some modern and fancies more!

The boys give some loving to some of the toys Mark Boudreaux designed as he announces his retirement.

New York Toy Fair seems a lifetime ago, but we check out the announcements from there as well as further reveals from Hasbro since, Mark gives his honest opinion on the Carbonized Black Series Fett on the way, not sure he'll be investing in that one.

As well as all this we take a look at the second wave in the Retro line and we delve into General Grievous as we take a look at the range of figures that has been released for the cyborg.

All this plus much more on this months 'The Modern Way'.

Enjoy the Show!

We Are Generation Skywalker!

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-5nux9-db5bfd

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Our new roundtable show has also got a visual episode to accompany it if you want to watch along with what we're discussing.

[youtube]14KK4WbB9K0[/youtube]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom