Is this ugly chap a Poch vader?

Mulbin

Padawan
I'll take it out in the sun tomorrow and compare it to my other 2 vaders. I have a different Hong Kong and a no COO, both presumably regular palitoy/kenners.

The head is definitely greyer but that might be down to the rough surface.

Its a different sculpt to my other vaders, but not sure if this is just an alternate Kenner sculpt.

Chest buttons are all square, and larger than the other sculpt. The leather body suit also has a more creased look.

L3aSafD.jpg

Mulbin

Padawan
I have noticed the red paint is a little lighter and more orange on the chest, not sure if that's relevant.

Mulbin

Padawan
The belt boxes are very weird, the buttons all seem to be completely different sizes. Again, not like this on my other vaders.

5Zj04KN.jpg

Mulbin

Padawan
...ok, last random observation for the night. The more I look at this the more I spot.

I'm pretty sure this vader is made from random parts. I've just spotted that one leg (the leg with the COO) is greyer than the other, and has a different texture / sculpt style.

I've also read that some Poch were a mishmash of different asian surplus, so I wonder if that's what I'm seeing here.

AugCYe1.jpg

Mulbin

Padawan
Aaaand, now that I've spotted the leg, i've realised the whole thing is a mash up of two sculpts. Very odd indeed.

PTvARB0.png

Mulbin

Padawan
TheJabbaWookie said:
If what you're saying is right then mixed up parts would point towards poch. You might be wise to join Echo Base Vintage Variants as you will find a lot of knowledgable poch guys on there.

Great, I'll check it out!

Mulbin

Padawan
No luck getting a response on Echo base. Are there any experts I can contact directly? Someone out there must know what this figure is.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
There's a copy of Javi's book being sold on Echo Base UK Trading if you're interested for around £60 + postage. Its no longer available through the man himself. Reckon it won't hang around for long.

I bought the 2nd book a few months ago and I am sure that he still had some of the first book left when I talked with him, maybe he got some more or maybe they are also sold now :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom