Generation Skywalker

Palifan

Sith Lord
Another great show guys so thanks for taking the time to deliver it to all of us. I do curse you though for making me think it was a good idea to order both the Boba Fett and yoda from the retro line lol! At least I didn't go in for all of them but it felt like I needed something from ESB for this year.

I agree with you all that the Leia Bespin hot toys figure as such a fantastic figure to look at and although i don't collect hot toys, this is the one figure that I would pick up. I've seen this unboxed in my local Forbidden Planet and it's such a great looking figure and does make me think that if I didn't waste my money on things like the retro line I could probably justify buying it.

Take care to you all and looking for to your next outing :D

Ian

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Another great show guys so thanks for taking the time to deliver it to all of us. I do curse you though for making me think it was a good idea to order both the Boba Fett and yoda from the retro line lol! At least I didn't go in for all of them but it felt like I needed something from ESB for this year.

I agree with you all that the Leia Bespin hot toys figure as such a fantastic figure to look at and although i don't collect hot toys, this is the one figure that I would pick up. I've seen this unboxed in my local Forbidden Planet and it's such a great looking figure and does make me think that if I didn't waste my money on things like the retro line I could probably justify buying it.

Take care to you all and looking for to your next outing :D

Ian

(in the Emperor's voice) DO IT. Hot Toys are so nice and look amazing on display.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
NEW SHOW LIVE

facebook.jpg

The Ross Barr Interview

We welcome Ross Barr to Generation Skywalker to chat about his vintage collection.

Using the Generation Skywalker rule of five, we asked Ross to curate his collection using just five items from his collection, what he brings to the table are fantastic items, which are beautifully displayed, and the final piece, a loose Darth Vader with frosting, has an incredible back story.

As well as the five items the interview deviates onto Collector Archive Services, his collection room and even other toy lines including MOTU.

Enjoy the show.

We are Generation Skywalker!

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
The enhanced version of 'The Ross Barr Interview' is now also available over on our YouTube channel if you prefer to see visuals whilst listening.

[youtube]fvrCntI8rSc[/youtube]

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm loving this. All my Star Wars Wars podcasts are keeping me sane while treading through the minefield that is work!!

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
rs=w_1280.jpg

NEW BLOG POST

Craig is on his high horse about the term 'oddball' again.

Only these days he has the keys to the Generation Skywalker blog.

I think in proper journalist circles this is known as an 'opinion piece'.

And we'd love to hear yours!

https://generationskywalker.com/f/nothing-odd-about-these-balls?fbclid=IwAR3V54hUB2_yt56KLegQqPPQH_hJhoviI0gZGGLtCoTje9rfCCpm876EGuM

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
***** NEW SHOW LIVE *****

Those Old Fossils - Episode III

Those Old Fossils returns here on Generation Skywalker as the boys celebrate 40 years of Empire Strikes Back with a look at an awesome Hoth Diorama Coffee Table, which inspires the team to discuss other ESB based dioramas they have seen and come up with ones they'd like to make too. Keeping on the ESB theme they also take a look at the enduring appeal of Boba Fett.

Lockdown continues to see high prices as the team delve into the Vectis auction, whilst they also take a look at the current fad group for selling as the team offer there opinions on 'Deal or No Deal' selling format.

Craig takes us through his latest blog post over on generationskywalker.com, as he explains why he feels the term 'oddball' is derogatory to Star Wars collecting.

All this plus much more, including Jez announcing his favourite part of ESB is Endor!!!!!!

Enjoy the show!

We are Generation Skywalker!

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-evbtp-de6dd0

Podbean.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great podcast as ever guys and I used to keep my SW figures in the Trebor Chew Box and it's one of my great regrets letting it go years ago but it was nice to see such a fantastic looking one on the enhanced podcast. I'm guessing that's Marks and I did wonder if that's just a few chew wrappers on top of it or it's in fact a box full of them?

Also I can't find the Deal or no Deal FB page anywhere so do post up a link if you have one.

Keep them coming guys!

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
Nooooooooooooooooooo! That box is FANTASTIC!

I don't know what was worse, selling the box for £5 or the fact that it was filled with my childhood Star Wars figures including a VCJ :roll:

Ian

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Great podcast as ever guys and I used to keep my SW figures in the Trebor Chew Box and it's one of my great regrets letting it go years ago but it was nice to see such a fantastic looking one on the enhanced podcast. I'm guessing that's Marks and I did wonder if that's just a few chew wrappers on top of it or it's in fact a box full of them?

Also I can't find the Deal or no Deal FB page anywhere so do post up a link if you have one.

Keep them coming guys!

Ian

I'm gutted for you Ian, we've all been there I guess but losing this box AND a VCJ in one hit would give many a sleepless night.

Palifan

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
Palifan said:

Keep them coming guys!

Ian

I'm gutted for you Ian, we've all been there I guess but losing this box AND a VCJ in one hit would give many a sleepless night.

I try not to think about it too much and it was many, many years ago and I guess how were we to know that we would get back into things like this back them (well that's what I tell myself anyway). The only slim hope is that I sold it to my best friends brother who never knew what happened to it so there's the slimmest of chances that it's in their loft somewhere. This could also happen as their father is a hoarder and I'm going to give them a hand to clear his house once we're out of lock down as they are selling it for him as he's moved out. You never know :D

Out of interest was the chew box on the enhanced podcast yours and if so is it filled with chew sweets or are those a few opened wrappers on top of it?

Ian

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Out of interest was the chew box on the enhanced podcast yours and if so is it filled with chew sweets or are those a few opened wrappers on top of it?

Ian

No, I think that might be Craigs and he mocked up a load of wrappers filled the top layer so it looked fully stocked! He's a clever lad that Spivey!

Palifan

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
Palifan said:

Ian

No, I think that might be Craigs and he mocked up a load of wrappers filled the top layer so it looked fully stocked! He's a clever lad that Spivey!

I did wonder if those wrappers had been dummied in, in some way but it does look great as is just how I remember seeing them in the box back in the day. :D

Ian

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Palifan said:

Keep them coming guys!

Ian

Cheers for the feedback Ian, really appreciated.

Deal or No Deal page is on this link;
https://www.facebook.com/groups/181594085922172/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
The newest episode of 'Those Old Fossils' is now available in enhanced form over on youtube if people prefer to see the images of what we're discussing.

[youtube]whmCZItkEOU[/youtube]

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
All ways watch these now on youtube, doing a really good job putting these episodes together, must be time consuming putting it all together, thanks :)

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
bosk70 said:
All ways watch these now on youtube, doing a really good job putting these episodes together, must be time consuming putting it all together, thanks :)

Thank you. Labour of love but we've got a good team who share the load pretty well which helps massively.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Stuart Skinner said:
The newest episode of 'Those Old Fossils' is now available in enhanced form over on youtube if people prefer to see the images of what we're discussing.

[youtube]whmCZItkEOU[/youtube]

Thanks for putting these YouTube shows together, they really do become a more immersive way to enjoy them.
Congratulations on another great show, keep them coming.😀

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom