SWTOTW, Week 19, 2020 Sy Snootles and the Rebo Band

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Two fantastic boxed examples and mint loose from Jeremy.
I had a Tri logo mint box example back in the 90s and this was bagged up without any inserts.
Here's my loose set.

Thanks mate for sharing that set, it looks mint and a nice blue max rebo 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Jeremy - do you have any info on the differences between the Ledy Max Rebo and the standard Kenner. My Max is very blue like your Ledy and I just wanted to make sure it is the Kenner variant.

Hi Jay,

There is a bit more info on the various kinds of Rebo Band set, including the Lili Ledy one, here:

http://swvintagevariants.blogspot.com/2012/04/lili-news-8-max-rebo-band.html

However in a nutshell, the Lili Ledy set comes in unique packaging that isn't Tri-logo like yours and mine (please forgive me if you already knew this), and so if your Max originated in the box you've shown, then it definitely isn't Ledy. Also, the Tri-logo Max can be slightly darker blue than the Kenner version, but both are put in the shade by the blue of the Ledy version which is noticeably darker than all of the others, plus the body and limbs on the Ledy are identical in shade, which of course is something you simply don't seem to find on any of the other versions. Even Nick's wonderful example in this thread, whilst still retaining really lovely blue limbs, has limbs which are a lighter shade of blue than the body. Your example also looks wonderful, and unless my eyes deceive me, is also still sealed in their baggies, so your Max won't have been exposed to much oxygen and hence will have suffered very little oxidation to its plastic and blue dye, which is one of the factors that can affect fading, along with the more obvious exposure to UV light.

I hope that helps.

Jeremy

Thanks mate for all the great info :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
ok time for my little band focus :lol: All the figures are coo or colour variants :lol:

1. my first box.

P1190900.JPG

P1190901.JPG

P1190902.JPG

P1190903.JPG

P1190904.JPG

2. Box with danish price sticker :D

P1190905.JPG

P1190906.JPG

P1190907.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master
3. another box with danish price sticker :oops:

P1190908.JPG

P1190909.JPG

P1190910.JPG

4. oh another box with a danish price sticker :oops:

P1190911.JPG

P1190912.JPG

5. Last a few more variants that I do not have a box for yet :lol:

P1190913.JPG

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
ok time for my little band focus :lol: All the figures are coo or colour variants :lol:

1. my first box.

P1190900.JPG

P1190901.JPG

P1190902.JPG

P1190903.JPG

P1190904.JPG

P1190905.JPG

P1190906.JPG

P1190907.JPG

Some terrific examples there Lars, with some wonderfully blue Max Rebos! Tremendous stuff as ever.

Thanks for sharing yet more of your gigantic collection :-D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

1. my first box.

P1190900.JPG

P1190901.JPG

P1190902.JPG

P1190903.JPG

P1190904.JPG

P1190905.JPG

P1190906.JPG

P1190907.JPG

Some terrific examples there Lars, with some wonderfully blue Max Rebos! Tremendous stuff as ever.

Thanks for sharing yet more of your gigantic collection :-D

Thanks mate for the very kinds words as always :D I guess I have been lucky with most of my max rebo I have them all from lots or childhood lots :D There is only one max rebo that I would like to upgrade. I would also love to have a complete lili ledy set and the siver flute so still a few items to hunt :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
For ****s sake Lars. How much Star Wars does one man need :lol:

I do not know :lol: I saw I had to much a few years ago so I started to sell all my modern star wars and I do not miss it. I still have 2 moving boxes with modern stuff that is not sold yet, But I started with about 5 moving boxes, so I guess that is some kind of progress. I choose the dark parth and became a variant collector, I do not remember when it started but maybe in 2010 it began to get out of control :lol: I guess I maybe have always collected variants I remember when I was a kid in the 80s. My mom and I came home from the supermarket and we had bought 2 AT-AT drivers, one was orange on the back and the other brown :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Here's my Max Rebo @Snaketibe

Hi Jay,

That's in truly lovely condition, but like the best of the non-Ledy versions, there is a slight difference in the shade of blue of your Max's torso compared to his limbs. Every Lili Ledy Max Rebo example I have seen has the exact same shade of deep blue on both their torso and limbs (albeit many of them also have some yellowing, usually to the torso), so I would say that yours is very unlikely to be Ledy, but remains an excellent example nonetheless.

Hope that helps.

Jeremy

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Great. I didn't actually want him to be Ledy.

Wanted him to be a very blue Kenner for my set otherwise I'd have to go in search of a mint Kenner version all over again :lol:

I'm currently not chasing after Ledy as I find them too expensive and too hard to track down, although I would like a Klaatu with big fluffy furry skirt

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
You rarely see these trilogo sets with the inserts? In fact the example that Emiel (@Capetown) has is the only one I think I've seen.

Does anybody know if they all originally came with inserts or some without?

Whilst not 100% certain, I am pretty sure the UK version didn't come with inserts. Even Capetown's magnificent MIB collection shows two different versions of the Rebo Band, one without inserts and instead a large bag that all the other bagged pieces came in, and the other version with an inner, but also what appears to be an 'El Retorno Del Jedi' leaflet / booklet, so I am guessing this may be the Spanish version of this set? Hopefully Emiel can confirm / clarify for us.

Aye, Jeremy, it's the Spanish GMJ-version. It has GMJ on the back where on the regular set it says PBP.

sw_sy_snootles_and_the_rebo_band_Tr-logo_gmj 006.jpg
sw_sy_snootles_and_the_rebo_band_Tr-logo_gmj 021.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Capetown said:
Snaketibe said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
You rarely see these trilogo sets with the inserts? In fact the example that Emiel (@Capetown) has is the only one I think I've seen.

Whilst not 100% certain, I am pretty sure the UK version didn't come with inserts. Even Capetown's magnificent MIB collection shows two different versions of the Rebo Band, one without inserts and instead a large bag that all the other bagged pieces came in, and the other version with an inner, but also what appears to be an 'El Retorno Del Jedi' leaflet / booklet, so I am guessing this may be the Spanish version of this set? Hopefully Emiel can confirm / clarify for us.

Aye, Jeremy, it's the Spanish GMJ-version. It has GMJ on the back where on the regular set it says PBP.

sw_sy_snootles_and_the_rebo_band_Tr-logo_gmj 006.jpgsw_sy_snootles_and_the_rebo_band_Tr-logo_gmj 021.jpg

Thanks Emiel. If anyone was going to be able to clarify this one it was you :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Capetown said:
Snaketibe said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

sw_sy_snootles_and_the_rebo_band_Tr-logo_gmj 006.jpgsw_sy_snootles_and_the_rebo_band_Tr-logo_gmj 021.jpg

Thanks emiel for sharing this beauty. Are any of the parts different in that box ? does the Silver Flute come from that GMJ box ? :?

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Thanks emiel for sharing this beauty. Are any of the parts different in that box ? does the Silver Flute come from that GMJ box ? :?

Both my trilogo sets have silver accessories.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Capetown said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks for the info emiel, looks like I maybe have to look to spain to get a silver flute :D

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Capetown said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks for the info emiel, looks like I maybe have to look to spain to get a silver flute :D

Are the silver flutes rarer than the black flutes?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom