Latest Modern Acquisitions

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Bit of expanded Universe and my first foray into some Phantom Menace, trying to stick to unpunched mocs if I can find them for a reasonable price.

Attachments

• IMG_0741.JPG
    IMG_0741.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,185
  • IMG_0740.JPG
    IMG_0740.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,184
  • IMG_0736 (2).JPG
    IMG_0736 (2).JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,183

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Some 40th anniversary Mocs, love these but sadly the Hoth Trooper had to go back as he arrived bent, waiting for some cases to put these in but the DC deflector ones will have to do for now. And currently my favourite VC card has found her way into a proper case, I really need to get some more as I have almost ran out.

Attachments

• IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,180
  • IMG_0743 (3).JPG
    IMG_0743 (3).JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 1,180

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Arrived late yesterday evening, will have a play tomorrow after work if i get a chance :roll:

Might see if I can get a spare hot toys sabre and stand for the mythos Ben as they are somewhat better.

Attachments

• IMG_0744.JPG
    IMG_0744.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,175
  • IMG_0745 (2).JPG
    IMG_0745 (2).JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 1,175

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Hot Toys Yoda arrived this morning to go with Ben, hopefully ill be able to get hold of the light side Anakin if someone knows of one or has one they would like to move on pleaseee let me know. :p

Ill stick up some images in a bit, just checking him over.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
A very happy bunny, had a quick look at him and honestly think hes one of the best of Yoda.

Attachments

• 759505479fc7bcaf8da87b4c0ccab07e.png
    759505479fc7bcaf8da87b4c0ccab07e.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 1,122
  • IMG_0813 (2).JPG
    IMG_0813 (2).JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,129

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sundancer Squadron said:
A very happy bunny, had a quick look at him and honestly think hes one of the best of Yoda.

That's amazing, congratulations.
What a great figure, do they come with pictures of what different figures you can create?

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Sadly they dont come with little image booklets about posing but a number of youtube channels do existing giving advice on the possibility of them. They really are expensive though, and often a real pain to get hold of specific characters. I'd like to add light side Anakin next followed by Cody and next year Rex will be released but thats a long way off for those two.

Maybe they will do Ben in Clone armour, oh hell what have I done. Anyone else with these issues? :lol:

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Very nice indeed Stuart, I did see one on Kapow toys a few weeks back but it had sold whilst I was dillydallying about thinking. :lol: What are your thoughts? I must admit, I do like the slightly more refined armour on the ROTJ storm troopers.

cheungministro

Youngling
solo-pckups.jpg

Solo Wave 4 pick-ups from the Entertainer online store. I never saw this Wave in the shops with the other figures, but admittedly I haven't looked for a while! Are there many about? Was only really interested in this wave because it included more characters from the movie than others

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
I have just past on the ones I had, mimban troopers and molochs. I havent seen any of those at all in ours, doubt I will any time soon. Sadly with the way some of these along with the other VC and BS stuff turns up, I refuse to buy online from them. I did this once with the VC Death Trooper, arrived bent out of shape and battered bubble, couldn't even exchange it due to none being in stock anymore....

They are indeed nice figures though, the quality of them is a lot better than the other toy lines I feel. I also like the layout and colour of the card backs, can easily see this line being hunted for in the near future.

cheungministro

Youngling
Sundancer Squadron said:
I have just past on the ones I had, mimban troopers and molochs. I havent seen any of those at all in ours, doubt I will any time soon. Sadly with the way some of these along with the other VC and BS stuff turns up, I refuse to buy online from them. I did this once with the VC Death Trooper, arrived bent out of shape and battered bubble, couldn't even exchange it due to none being in stock anymore....

They are indeed nice figures though, the quality of them is a lot better than the other toy lines I feel. I also like the layout and colour of the card backs, can easily see this line being hunted for in the near future.

I was impressed with how they turned up. Only tobias was a little bent but not creased. £6 a pop isn't bad for latter waves. I ended up spending about £20 on the last few R1 figures.

Palifan

Sith Lord
cheungministro said:
solo-pckups.jpg

Solo Wave 4 pick-ups from the Entertainer online store. I never saw this Wave in the shops with the other figures, but admittedly I haven't looked for a while! Are there many about? Was only really interested in this wave because it included more characters from the movie than others

I just pulled the trigger on some of these as well to more or less complete the run I was after. Other than the very start of Solo I still quite like the film and as this is a short run of figures I fancied picking some of them up. I've been really impressed with the sculpts on these figures and think that Hasbro really kept moving things forward with this scale of figures up to now.

I'm sort of glad that they didn't carry on with this standard film release of 3.75 figures for TROS as I really am done with collecting these figures but as I hate having incomplete sets I felt I needed to finish off Solo (although I tend to just go for characters released in the films and not the extra ones they re-pack or the ones added to vehicles ect).

Thanks for your posting and making me aware and hopefully they'll arrive in decent shape.

Ian

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
On the most part, you'll be fine. We have to keep in mind that the majority of the SW stock that the Entertainer gets hold are over stock from Eu and Canadian retailers/distributors. So you will find cases are cherry picked however you can get the odd solid unpicked case pop up from time to time.
I liked the line, and you are right they did improve it. Its sad that it was right at the tail end of them cutting off the toy line entirely, some of these characters have not even made it to the VC carded line yet unfortunately, so the toy line will be the only way that you can get some of the interesting characters, Rio and Mimban Han being just two of them amongst others.

Try and get Enfys nest speeder bike if you can, its rather nice and not available in the VC line and probably wont ever be. Now this brings up a good point, some of the vehicles in the toy line are not available in the VC line yet they compliment them very well and look good on display. I should of picked up the Hoth Wompa/luke set that was available, purely for the Wompa as he is rather nice indeed.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Sundancer Squadron said:
Try and get Enfys nest speeder bike if you can, its rather nice and not available in the VC line and probably wont ever be. Now this brings up a good point, some of the vehicles in the toy line are not available in the VC line yet they compliment them very well and look good on display. I should of picked up the Hoth Wompa/luke set that was available, purely for the Wompa as he is rather nice indeed.

I did see quite a few of those swoop bikes at Entertainer when I was in there last. They did catch my eye and look really nice and they were on discount but I let it go in the end as I know that I'll never have anywhere to display it.

I can't pick up everything but it was nice to get some more of these and I agree that some of the other releases from this line are really nice.

Ian

cheungministro

Youngling
Palifan said:
cheungministro said:
solo-pckups.jpg

I just pulled the trigger on some of these as well to more or less complete the run I was after. Other than the very start of Solo I still quite like the film and as this is a short run of figures I fancied picking some of them up. I've been really impressed with the sculpts on these figures and think that Hasbro really kept moving things forward with this scale of figures up to now.

I'm sort of glad that they didn't carry on with this standard film release of 3.75 figures for TROS as I really am done with collecting these figures but as I hate having incomplete sets I felt I needed to finish off Solo (although I tend to just go for characters released in the films and not the extra ones they re-pack or the ones added to vehicles ect).

Thanks for your posting and making me aware and hopefully they'll arrive in decent shape.

Ian

Glad to spread the knowledge - just need that Quay Tolsite to come back in stock :D

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Picked this up fairly cheaply from I.D Toys. I love the design of this character and it's also one of my favourite things from the Disney era.

3AF8D9C0-1925-4CDE-AE19-64F4D64FA624.jpeg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Glad to spread the knowledge - just need that Quay Tolsite to come back in stock :D
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I've got that Quay Tolsite somewhere so now I need to go on the hunt for it in the house lol. I do need a Mimban Trooper though so there's still something to look for.

Ian

Latest posts

Top Bottom