It's reseal time again!

Palifan

Sith Lord
So here's todays reseal of a AT-AT Driver. This one has been created in much the same way as yesterdays Imperial Commander with me mounting the bubble from a damaged Palitoy 30 back with name plate missing onto a whole Palitoy 30 back card back.

This one was nice to do as I could cut completely around the bubble seal and mount it onto the card back so that there's no cut line going off to the boarder like yesterdays. I have an original footer that I've put into it and when I find the right figure and weapon I'll probably seal them up in the bubble. I've included a picture of the back of the card board that I removed from the bubble so that you can see the sort of thickness that's been taken away from both the bubble back and the front of the card back to mount the bubble flush as it should be.

As a side note these reseals that I've been doing are figures that I owned growing up (of which both the figures and their card backs have long gone), so it's nice to remember these figures as I bought them.

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_2612.jpg
    IMG_2612.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,099
  • IMG_2610.jpg
    IMG_2610.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,100
  • IMG_2608.jpg
    IMG_2608.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,118
  • IMG_2607.jpg
    IMG_2607.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMG_2606.jpg
    IMG_2606.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,100
  • IMG_2605.jpg
    IMG_2605.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMG_2604.jpg
    IMG_2604.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,104

Palifan

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
Another fabulous transplant, Ian 8) One of my favourite figures.

Thanks Andy and I do remember liking this one growing up....still never managed to get my parents to buy me the AT-AT though :(

Ian

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Brilliant results yet again Ian, you know I am a big fan of reseals and bringing vintage back to life, it adds an added dimension to your collection and makes it even more personal to you
Great work 8)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Palifan said:
Cazza said:
Another fabulous transplant, Ian 8) One of my favourite figures.

Thanks Andy and I do remember liking this one growing up....still never managed to get my parents to buy me the AT-AT though :(

Ian

Me neither- on my Christmas list for at least 3 years :( I remember buying my AT-AT Driver vividly- was in a wire bin just inside the door of Lewis Meeson's (newsagent) in Cirencester 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks guys as ever :D

I have a 30 back lobot to take a look at although this one has a name plate missing so it's probably not going to be as good a job. Other than that I still have a few of my reseal collection to go back over and add the off footer or tape the weapon inside. These are always tricky they are already resealed by someone so it ends up being a gamble re-opening them. There's also a 12 back polity Chewbacca that I'm trying to build the strength to do as it's quite an undertaking. If/when I get around to that one I'll document it properly as it will be like Jeremy's amazing Jawa reseal he did.

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
So here's todays reseal of a AT-AT Driver. This one has been created in much the same way as yesterdays Imperial Commander with me mounting the bubble from a damaged Palitoy 30 back with name plate missing onto a whole Palitoy 30 back card back.

This one was nice to do as I could cut completely around the bubble seal and mount it onto the card back so that there's no cut line going off to the boarder like yesterdays. I have an original footer that I've put into it and when I find the right figure and weapon I'll probably seal them up in the bubble. I've included a picture of the back of the card board that I removed from the bubble so that you can see the sort of thickness that's been taken away from both the bubble back and the front of the card back to mount the bubble flush as it should be.

As a side note these reseals that I've been doing are figures that I owned growing up (of which both the figures and their card backs have long gone), so it's nice to remember these figures as I bought them.

Ian

Ian it looks great, thanks for sharing your work :D You should have worked at the palitoy factories in the sealing department when they made star wars toy in the good old days :wink:

x-pack

Grand Master
Nice job. I used to be into restoring cards and resealing. At one point I printed repair sections to cover torn bubble sections. Getting the scale right was a bugger. Still have a few of them.

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Apologies for digging up a relatively old thread but i'd like to know what glue do the reseal guys use to reseal bubbles back to the cards? Is it just good old prit stick or any other special glue? Would like to have a go at some point.
Thanks.

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Thank you guys. Just read some excellent past threads regarding reseals. Considering how expensive top end ROTJ moc's are these days i'm looking at resealing as an alternative.

Palifan

Sith Lord
rhyfelyser said:
Thank you guys. Just read some excellent past threads regarding reseals. Considering how expensive top end ROTJ moc's are these days i'm looking at resealing as an alternative.

I've always found owning a reseal to be as good as a sealed moc (well nearly lol), so I think it's a great option.

Best of luck with the hunt and do try to always get the right reseal with the least damage possible, sometimes it can be worth the wait.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom