Vinyl Cape Jawa

CrispyDave

Youngling
Hello All,

Wondered if you could assist in giving me a ballpark valuation on my Vinyl Cape Jawa. Found in my childhood collection over weekend.

I have some other interesting figures that I'll post pics of later (white Leia, Bespin Leia, black Jedi Skywalker)

Thanks in advance

David

PS
Can't find the blaster unfortunately

Attachments

• DCCC3221-613B-444E-82C3-7F3B4D7F8E50.jpeg
    DCCC3221-613B-444E-82C3-7F3B4D7F8E50.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,012
  • C9632467-BBEA-400E-BEAF-0EF64675A389.jpeg
    C9632467-BBEA-400E-BEAF-0EF64675A389.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,011
  • 3C59EB8A-07D2-43BB-98E7-46ABFD7BE0CE.jpeg
    3C59EB8A-07D2-43BB-98E7-46ABFD7BE0CE.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,010
  • 616E0D3B-FDE8-4121-93D6-946D29A20EED.jpeg
    616E0D3B-FDE8-4121-93D6-946D29A20EED.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,007
  • F70DA58D-F6BB-4A59-876B-199E68A81747.jpeg
    F70DA58D-F6BB-4A59-876B-199E68A81747.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,012
  • E31DDFBC-D1E1-429E-8DC1-D3BB780BE28D.jpeg
    E31DDFBC-D1E1-429E-8DC1-D3BB780BE28D.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,049
  • ACA0F60D-68A7-437F-B502-AC6CC1A7F0BA.jpeg
    ACA0F60D-68A7-437F-B502-AC6CC1A7F0BA.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,008

lejackal

Grand Master
Probably around £5/600 with the tears to the cape. A bit more on a good day and a bit less on a bad day

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Although I don't follow these closely, I've certainly seen a couple sell for around £500-600 with ripped capes too.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Daft really as there are a number of vinyl cape jawas out there a case of the market dictating prices and pushing them up

Good quick read here from Rich s Fantha Tracks on this

https://www.fanthatracks.com/news/vintage-collecting/vintage-vinyl-cape-jawas-and-the-unforeseen-craze/

gammoguard

Padawan
Great item. Regarding the blaster, does anyone have a pic of the correct blaster hat goes with this figure or is it just the standard jawa blaster?

Palifan

Sith Lord
gammoguard said:
Great item. Regarding the blaster, does anyone have a pic of the correct blaster hat goes with this figure or is it just the standard jawa blaster?

From what I've always known it's the dark blue/black or Green/blue/black blaster and can have a bump on the side or not. I would say the safest one to get is the one without the bump as I think this was only released early on (although I could be wrong about that), but I know that this figure will grade with either blaster.

this is the TIG page on it if that helps - https://www.imperialgunnery.com/jawablasters.htm

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
gammoguard said:

From what I've always known it's the dark blue/black or Green/blue/black blaster and can have a bump on the side or not. I would say the safest one to get is the one without the bump as I think this was only released early on (although I could be wrong about that), but I know that this figure will grade with either blaster.

this is the TIG page on it if that helps - https://www.imperialgunnery.com/jawablasters.htm

Ian

Years ago, Jim Stevenson told me that the correct blaster for the VCJ was the 'no bump' one, which does make sense because, as you say, it seems to be the earlier release. However whether Jim was correct in that, or whether any VCJ's ever came with a 'bump' blaster, I really couldn't say...

Palifan

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:
gammoguard said:

Ian

Years ago, Jim Stevenson told me that the correct blaster for the VCJ was the 'no bump' one, which does make sense because, as you say, it seems to be the earlier release. However whether Jim was correct in that, or whether any VCJ's ever came with a 'bump' blaster, I really couldn't say...

I've definitely read that there are VCJ seal mocs out there with both bump and non-bump blasters and it's why AFA (and probably UKG), will grade a loose VCJ with either blaster. I think there are some RS threads about this but my computer has decide it doesn't want to open any of the links ( I think my computer is getting old the poor thing :().

Saying that though mine is without a bump as it just felt right for this variant.

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:

Ian

I've definitely read that there are VCJ seal mocs out there with both bump and non-bump blasters and it's why AFA (and probably UKG), will grade a loose VCJ with either blaster. I think there are some RS threads about this but my computer has decide it doesn't want to open any of the links ( I think my computer is getting old the poor thing :().

Saying that though mine is without a bump as it just felt right for this variant.

Ian

Mine is too :)

As for Jim, whilst his knowledge was of course formidable, neither was it infallible (he swore blind to me that the VCJ never came on a Palitoy card, and we all know how that turned out! :lol: ), so I can't say I'm amazed to hear he was in error regarding this.

Jeremy

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Ebay have got max £1 selling fees for 10 days until the 21 June, so a good time to sell on their!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom