Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Welcome todler hope to read plenty of post's from you. Welcome back Yubnubtom nice to read your story and that you have returned.

egglett

Padawan
Supporter
Hello I am new here so id better introduce myself
My name is Martin
I have recently got back into collecting vintage loose. I used to have a collection as a kid which my brother sold at a boot fair for 20p each (I dare say lots of people have similar horror stories) Also had a collection of 90s onwards stuff but ended up selling it as my parents wanted the space back and my Mrs wouldn't have it all at ours
So around 6 months ago I took the plunge back into vintage. Bought the first 12 off ebay but ended up giving them away as I wasn't happy with the weapons (a couple of repos but that cast doubt on the rest, even after spending ages looking on tig) A learning curve there !
I have since replaced every thing and only need a few to complete ESB before I move onto ROTJ
Anyway hello all :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
egglett said:
My name is Martin
I have recently got back into collecting vintage loose. I used to have a collection as a kid which my brother sold at a boot fair for 20p each (I dare say lots of people have similar horror stories) Also had a collection of 90s onwards stuff but ended up selling it as my parents wanted the space back and my Mrs wouldn't have it all at ours
So around 6 months ago I took the plunge back into vintage. Bought the first 12 off ebay but ended up giving them away as I wasn't happy with the weapons (a couple of repos but that cast doubt on the rest, even after spending ages looking on tig) A learning curve there !
I have since replaced every thing and only need a few to complete ESB before I move onto ROTJ

Hi Martin,
Welcome and good luck with your loose run. :D

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Welcome to the forum Martin, good luck with the collecting and looking forward to seeing the collection grow 😎👌

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
egglett said:
My name is Martin

Welcome Martin. It's always great to have new vintage collectors joining our ranks.

Jeremy

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Hi everyone, I'm Dale and I'm new here,after going through my loft and finding my old loose collection along with a couple of boxes of Lego Star Wars I thought I would get back into collecting loose figures. I've been searching through the forum and finding all of it very interesting and the knowledge some of you guys have is unbelievable and very helpful.
Thanks everyone 👍

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi Dale,

Welcome to the forum. It's not only a great resource for vintage knowledge, it's also a fun place to spend time.

Jeremy

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Dalehamblin said:
Hi everyone, I'm Dale and I'm new here,after going through my loft and finding my old loose collection along with a couple of boxes of Lego Star Wars I thought I would get back into collecting loose figures. I've been searching through the forum and finding all of it very interesting and the knowledge some of you guys have is unbelievable and very helpful.
Thanks everyone 👍

Hi Dale 🖐

Welcome to the forum mate and enjoy your collecting again, you will find lots of advice on here and were a friendly bunch 😜

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
egglett said:
My name is Martin

Welcome

GeoBack82

Youngling
Hi am new to this page as well just want to post some of my stuff

Attachments

• F6CE2286-1A7F-4B56-963D-F5101F07798B.jpeg
    F6CE2286-1A7F-4B56-963D-F5101F07798B.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,819
  • F16CE4B1-522A-4E87-AE4A-F24C8EC76DD3.jpeg
    F16CE4B1-522A-4E87-AE4A-F24C8EC76DD3.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,819
  • C4000E93-2D54-4114-9A54-487ED1125393.jpeg
    C4000E93-2D54-4114-9A54-487ED1125393.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,822
  • 97770B96-3422-4069-8EC4-EA1F0DB6B4A2.jpeg
    97770B96-3422-4069-8EC4-EA1F0DB6B4A2.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 1,823
  • 33CC865F-A491-465D-8A89-423766A97D49.jpeg
    33CC865F-A491-465D-8A89-423766A97D49.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,820

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
GeoBack82 said:
Hi am new to this page as well just want to post some of my stuff

Welcome to the forum.

Those are some very nice items, so thank you for sharing them. However, the correct place to share photos of your collection is in the 'Vintage Showcase' section here:

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=2

If you start a new thread and post your photos there, more people will see and enjoy them :)

Jeremy

TwistedMetal

Sith Lord
Hey guys, just wanted to say hope you're all well, I've started collecting a few bits again, so I may pop up from time to time and just wanted to say hello 😀

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TwistedMetal said:
Hey guys, just wanted to say hope you're all well, I've started collecting a few bits again, so I may pop up from time to time and just wanted to say hello 😀

Hello, and welcome back! :-D

It's always nice to see collectors coming back to the hobby.

Jeremy

witchfinder

Youngling
Hi there, I've just signed up as I'm looking for a few valuations but it's only polite to introduce myself first :)

I'm Mat and I was born on May 4th so Star Wars fandom was inevitable. Like most poeple my age I had the Kenner/Palitoy toys when I was a kid and sold them all in the mid 80s to fund a Transformers habit!

I started collecting them again while I was at Uni in the mid 90s and picked up around 95% of my collection before the prices started to go crazy in the early 2000s. I had all the newer POTF2 range and lots of vehicles and playsets but thined the collection down a bit about 15 years ago, just retaining a complete set of vintage loose figures, a few carded ones, my favourite vehicles and lots of R2-D2s as he's my favourite character :)

Nowadays I don't buy much to add to the collection, although I have been trying to improve the quality of a few of my figures over the last couple of years and occasionally pick up something newer if it takes my eye.

Here's a few recent pictures of some of my collection (I also collect retro video games). Sadly I can't display the full set of loose figures so I rotate them around once a year.

JIdHSOn.jpg

Ns1h51g.jpg

Fgt9GBD.jpg

8zv7QWA.jpg

wLAQdy9.jpg

IekTl2r.jpg

i1XdVT5.jpg

RuFFB2V.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Welcome...
Nice collection, great selection of R2's, and a nice twin pack and Revenge proof.
I'm sure edd_jedi will be interested in another retro video game collector. :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
JP6 said:
Hi everybody,

I've just joined the forum as I await the arrival of my first 3 vintage figures. I've always loved Star Wars since I saw them in cinemas when they were rereleased in the 90's. I'm only 31 so wasn't around for the original release but have always loved the look and history behind the vintage toys.

I've decided to attempt a loose graded run, starting with the first 12. I have two daughter aged 2 and 6 so I didn't want loose with weapons and things in risk of getting lost or eaten so thought graded loose was a good way to go. I've always loved Stormtroopers so if I see a moc going for a nice price I might pick one up.

I will post a picture on the latest acquisition page when I get my first 3 figures. Looking forward to joining in some good discussions and getting to know you all.

Cheers
Joe

Welcome joe to the forum and good luck with the new collection :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Justin72 said:
Hello to all...

Firstly what a great place you have here!

I'm Justin, huge Star Wars fan, saw A New Hope as a 5 year old and was instantly hooked... 43 years later I still am and genuinely feel lucky to have grown up with the galaxy far far away never too far from my consciousness.

My earliest Star Wars figure memories are if pestering my parents in Toy n Hobby Chester for a figure before eagerly ripping the bubble off, binning the card...

The childhood collection was literally played with to death, I remember a Luke farmboy tied to the end of a shoelace and left hanging from next doors aerial for what seemed like years, then a Han small head unearthed from our front garden years after his burial... fond memories of the best line of toys that's ever been.

I've always had the collecting bug and started amassing a collection in the 90's, loose mint figures and cards with some nice scarce items too. Then it's marriage... a child (she's 10 now and a massive Star Wars fan too)...

I've started to collect again, I've lots of nice stuff to trade, I'm looking for a couple of items that I'll post else where and I'm looking for info on Euro ROTJ bi/tri logo boxes and variations of.

Looking forward to contributing/helping if I can and once again congratulations on a fantastic space.

Hi Justin, welcome to to the forum. I am sure that you can find info here from other members about bi and trilogo variants :wink: I wish you good luck with your collection :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Lee77 said:
Hello again. It's been several years since I sold up my collection. It was about 3 months before the toy Toni drama kicked off. I've just read through the whole thread. Last time I visited it was about 40 odd pages.

Since I sold up I've been collecting Hot Toys which is fairly enjoyable and joined the 501st. I currently have a cleared Sandtrooper, Praetorian Guard, First Order Stormtrooper and am currently building a sith trooper.

Anyway, I've just dipped my toe in the vintage world again. I've been putting a loose run together. I currently have the first 21 so I'll be going on to the next wave soon.
I see there are still a few familiar faces on here. Look forward to getting involved again.

Lee

Hi Lee, welcome back mate. I remember you from bedore toy toni, great to see you are back on the forum :D

I wish you good luck with your new focus and cool that you joined the 501st :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
todler said:
Hi, I've been collecting vintage figures on and off for the last 30+ years and delve back in every now and then. Currently with the covid lockdown I've been going through my collection and seeing what variants I have. When I first started collecting it was the visible differences I looked at (colours, paint, accessories etc), then next time it was COO's and now it appears people have gone down to the minute detail :eek: .
Now looking actively for various figs again. However with all the fakes out there now its a bit of a minefield, but I have been using TIG to help.

While on Vintage Star Wars collecting breaks I have collected (and still do), Star Wars & Marvel Lego and Arcade Pinball machines. The pinball all started off from buying a Star Wars pinball (what else :D )

One of my biggest regrets was selling 25 vintage POTF carded figures :( . Decided I didn't have room to display them and they were only sat in a box so sold them. Also again sold all my ships and vehicles for the same reason. Still have all my loose 3" and 12" though which are all on display and can be enjoyed.

Cheers

Hi todler, welcome to the forum, sorry to read about your regret sales, but I guess we all have done sales that we regret. I have for sure sold something that I regret :( I agree variants is a minefield today and weapons and moc is also a huge minefield today :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
egglett said:
My name is Martin

Hi Martin welcome to the forum :D sorry to read about the repro that you bought on ebay. Ebay is a minefield today with a lot of repro :( Congratulations with nearly completing your esb collection. I wish you good luck with the ROTJ hunt :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom