After 40 years it's finally finished!

Palifan

Sith Lord
I know another member on here had the same thing happen to them recently (even though I can't remember who sorry to say ), but after buying this FKS ESB sticker album new in 1980 (or there about), I finally put the last sticker in it today :D

I visited my Father today who forgot that he'd put a couple of letters for me aside that he'd been sent years ago whilst I was living in the US and gave them to me. When I opened them up I was greeted with the sight of a bunch of stickers that I must have sent off for from eBay and getting them back home and checking through my old sticker album I could see I finally had a complete set! I've been trying to finish this run since starting it back in the day and I picked up the missing ones through eBay and some members on here over the years so a big thanks to all of those that helped me out (I know Mark Sublevel was one of the members to help me out so top man once again!).

I know it's a bit rough around the edges with pages that aren't even attached any more but it's from my childhood and it's so nice to know that I put every sticker in there myself.

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_2732.jpg
    IMG_2732.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,304
  • IMG_2729.jpg
    IMG_2729.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,306
  • IMG_2726.jpg
    IMG_2726.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,307

jayums

Jedi Master
40 years. That's what I call patience :lol: Well done! I'm pretty sure had that sticker album so nice to see the pics too

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Fantastic..40 years in the making, childhood piece, doesn't get any better than that, congratulations bud, super piece for the collection 8) 8)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Ha amazing, I had a similar thing with USA 94' sticker album. I just needed the Italy team sticker and got it in 2014 on ebay!

Not Star Wars or 40 years though, congrats on your completion. :lol: 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks guys, it does feel really satisfying to have completed this and in the back of the album I had written my wants list to send off back in the early 80's but never went through with it and in a way I'm glad I didn't as it's nice to see it written out with my name and parents address on it :D

The one good thing is that I managed to complete my ROTJ sticker album when you could still buy the stickers in shops so at least I don't have to wait 40 years to complete that one!

Ian

Bossk

Padawan
......" and in a way I'm glad I didn't ". Oh my god man, understatement of the year man. And that's saying something given what's gone on in 2020! This is one of the nicest and best collecting stories I've ever heard. Enjoy! Savour! More photos please! Pure gold!

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
That's a fantastic story! There's nothing more satisfying than finally completing something in your collection and especially something that relates back to your childhood. I bet it brought back memories of trying to line up those stickers with the box and especially if you had to stick in the second part of a double sticker picture. Always tricky!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
40 years to complete now that is an achievement! I wish I had the patience to do something like that unfortunately I am too weak. Congratulations!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Very well done Ian! Not only have you demonstrated great patience and persistence, you have also earned your just reward with a wonderful complete album. Congratulations :-D

Jeremy

Palifan

Sith Lord
jedi_mister said:
That's a fantastic story! There's nothing more satisfying than finally completing something in your collection and especially something that relates back to your childhood. I bet it brought back memories of trying to line up those stickers with the box and especially if you had to stick in the second part of a double sticker picture. Always tricky!

Thanks again for all of your comments, very much appreciated and I did in deed have complete double picture to put together with 2 stickers and of course the white boarder didn't match up which drove me slightly mad lol! I had a spare of one of the 2 stickers and that was cut so badly I'm just glad I had another that I could at match up the picture nicely (that certainly did bring back some memories). QC was certainly out the window with these back in the day!

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
What patience you have Ian. :D
Each stickers has it's own story to tell...brilliant.

subzero

Sith Lord
Don't mean to burst your bubble or anything but you have a sticker in the wrong place.

*jokes* :twisted: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom