Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
DarthHamblin said:
Hi everyone, I'm Dale and I'm new here,after going through my loft and finding my old loose collection along with a couple of boxes of Lego Star Wars I thought I would get back into collecting loose figures. I've been searching through the forum and finding all of it very interesting and the knowledge some of you guys have is unbelievable and very helpful.
Thanks everyone 👍

Hi Dale, welcome to the forum :D Great that the forum can help you, I wish you good luck with your collection :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
GeoBack82 said:
Hi am new to this page as well just want to post some of my stuff

Welcome GeoBack82 to the fourm, nice collection that you have, my favorite is the ugnaught moc 8) thanks for sharing your items :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TwistedMetal said:
Hey guys, just wanted to say hope you're all well, I've started collecting a few bits again, so I may pop up from time to time and just wanted to say hello 😀

Welcome back mate, great to see you again on the forum :wink:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
witchfinder said:
Hi there, I've just signed up as I'm looking for a few valuations but it's only polite to introduce myself first :)

I'm Mat and I was born on May 4th so Star Wars fandom was inevitable. Like most poeple my age I had the Kenner/Palitoy toys when I was a kid and sold them all in the mid 80s to fund a Transformers habit!

I started collecting them again while I was at Uni in the mid 90s and picked up around 95% of my collection before the prices started to go crazy in the early 2000s. I had all the newer POTF2 range and lots of vehicles and playsets but thined the collection down a bit about 15 years ago, just retaining a complete set of vintage loose figures, a few carded ones, my favourite vehicles and lots of R2-D2s as he's my favourite character :)

Nowadays I don't buy much to add to the collection, although I have been trying to improve the quality of a few of my figures over the last couple of years and occasionally pick up something newer if it takes my eye.

Here's a few recent pictures of some of my collection (I also collect retro video games). Sadly I can't display the full set of loose figures so I rotate them around once a year.

JIdHSOn.jpg

Ns1h51g.jpg

Fgt9GBD.jpg

8zv7QWA.jpg

wLAQdy9.jpg

IekTl2r.jpg

i1XdVT5.jpg

RuFFB2V.jpg

Hi Mat

Welcome to the forum, lovely collection you got their, thanks for sharing 😎👍

Regards

Russ

Pomse2001

Grand Master
witchfinder said:
Hi there, I've just signed up as I'm looking for a few valuations but it's only polite to introduce myself first :)

I'm Mat and I was born on May 4th so Star Wars fandom was inevitable. Like most poeple my age I had the Kenner/Palitoy toys when I was a kid and sold them all in the mid 80s to fund a Transformers habit!

I started collecting them again while I was at Uni in the mid 90s and picked up around 95% of my collection before the prices started to go crazy in the early 2000s. I had all the newer POTF2 range and lots of vehicles and playsets but thined the collection down a bit about 15 years ago, just retaining a complete set of vintage loose figures, a few carded ones, my favourite vehicles and lots of R2-D2s as he's my favourite character :)

Nowadays I don't buy much to add to the collection, although I have been trying to improve the quality of a few of my figures over the last couple of years and occasionally pick up something newer if it takes my eye.

Here's a few recent pictures of some of my collection (I also collect retro video games). Sadly I can't display the full set of loose figures so I rotate them around once a year.

Welcome to the forum mat :D thanks for sharing your awesome collection, damn I would love to have that leia hoth, chewie and yoda moc 8)

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
TwistedMetal said:
Hey guys, just wanted to say hope you're all well, I've started collecting a few bits again, so I may pop up from time to time and just wanted to say hello 😀

Hi, welcome back to the forum 😎😎😎

tusken1

Hi everyone,

Would like to introduce myself, my name is Alan and like a lot of others I fell in love with Star Wars as a kid, I had all the palitoy first 20 figures back in the day

I ofcourse played with them , ripped open all the bubbles with anticipation.

I decided to join this forum as I have started collecting again, For me the palitoy range is the one for me and whilst reading this forum over the last few years I decided I would take the plunge and join.

I would love to try and complete the Palitoy first 12 to start with and perhapes see if it's possible to collect the first 20 further down the line.

So far I have managed to obtain Palitoy 12a and 12b vader, 12b r2D2, 12b C3PO, 12B Death Squad Commander and 12b Sandepeople moc's.

Also managed to get hold of the Palitoy Landspeeder and Vader's Tie Fighter so my collection is quite small atm.

Anyway thought I would say hello to you all and hope everyone is safe and well during these strange times we find ourselves in.

Heres some pics I took earlier of my collection.

Cheers Alan

IMG_1912.JPG

IMG_1914.JPG

IMG_1917 2.JPG

IMG_1918.JPG

IMG_1921.JPG

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forum, nice looking collection you got their, lots of lovely people on here you chat with 😎👍

Bob_Acid

Padawan
Hi all

I'm Bob. Born in '70 and have fond memories of hunting figures and mega Christmas and birthday bonanzas full of Palitoy fun.I even recall the guilty pleasures by the time Jedi came out and I was meant to be a hard man skinhead_Rude boy popping down the toy shop to spend a quid. I never let my original figures go and they were always to hand, getting them out every so often, more than I'd admit then. Let's face it, Simon Pegg, Kevin Smith and co have made being a nerd cool now, but back then it was a very different story.

In 87 I was staying for a weekend with my then girlfriend, now wife, in Hastings and found a thrift shop selling all sorts, he had quite a few bits of Star Wars toys, including loose and carded figures and boxed ships. I broke my cherry buying a carded ESB Han Bespin for £15. I went back a few times that weekend and bought more.

Over the next few years I went on the hunt, initially at toy fairs, which at that time had just the odd Star Wars bit and were mostly trains and toy soldier kind of places. I met an old guy at one who was a train dealer that had a 12 back Palitoy Vader on his stall, he let me have it for £10. Turned out he had more so I followed him to every fair he did and pestered him, getting quite a few Palitoy first 20's from him for a tenner a pop.

Around 88-89 the scene blew up and science fiction specific toy fairs started to appear, I remember one having a complete set of carded figures for sale for £1800 and thinking you have no chance mate.

One fair had a bin full of Tri-logo Luke Endor and Anakins' for a fiver each.

I paid £90 for a mint cardboard Death Star and that was my biggest buy.

Sometime in the early 90's I drifted away having found Acid House and not long after I sold the majority of what I'd collected, half to a dealer but kept the good stuff and sold that later to a collector, it was great to see his eyes light up when he turned up. All i kept was my original stuff.

A few years later I woke up to my mistake and It has taken this long to start collecting again.

Gutted doesn't quite cut it. It was a nagging demon that wouldn't go away for many years.

But, I started again with Lego when my son got into it and gave me the bug. Then I started buying the Vintage collection stuff and got hooked on the Black Series figures, which are , let's face it, excellent.

Now I know it's frowned upon but I've since started to recard what is left of my original collection, figures display best on a card I think and these figures went through me and my son both and I'm enjoying cleaning them up and putting them back on the wall.

I'm still trying to work out how to post pictures, forums was always photobucket but that doesn't work any more. I'll try and get some pictures of what I had and what I have up soon, Watch this space.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Welcome to the forum Bob, cracking background to your SW collecting, looking forward to seeing your collection mate 👍😎

Russ

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Bob_Acid said:
Hi all

I'm Bob. Born in '70 and have fond memories of hunting figures and mega Christmas and birthday bonanzas full of Palitoy fun.I even recall the guilty pleasures by the time Jedi came out and I was meant to be a hard man skinhead_Rude boy popping down the toy shop to spend a quid. I never let my original figures go and they were always to hand, getting them out every so often, more than I'd admit then. Let's face it, Simon Pegg, Kevin Smith and co have made being a nerd cool now, but back then it was a very different story.

Welcome Bob. Thanks for the great background story, and enjoy the forum! It's great, so stick around and make full use of it :)

Jeremy

Bob_Acid

Padawan
Here's my collection as it was around 1989. Sorry about the quality of the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20200617_001041.jpg
    IMG_20200617_001041.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,967
  • IMG_20200617_001002.jpg
    IMG_20200617_001002.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,970
  • IMG_20200405_143316.jpg
    IMG_20200405_143316.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 1,969

Bob_Acid

Padawan
What I have now...luckily the wife is sympathetic

Attachments

• IMG_20200617_155135.jpg
    IMG_20200617_155135.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,964
  • IMG_20200617_130714.jpg
    IMG_20200617_130714.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,965
  • IMG_20200617_185853.jpg
    IMG_20200617_185853.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,967
  • IMG_20200617_142805.jpg
    IMG_20200617_142805.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,967
  • IMG_20200617_141527.jpg
    IMG_20200617_141527.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 1,968
  • IMG_20200617_141545.jpg
    IMG_20200617_141545.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 1,968
  • IMG_20200617_140611.jpg
    IMG_20200617_140611.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 1,966
  • IMG_20200617_140600.jpg
    IMG_20200617_140600.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 1,966
  • IMG_20200617_140553.jpg
    IMG_20200617_140553.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 1,967
  • IMG_20200617_140528.jpg
    IMG_20200617_140528.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,967

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Bob_Acid said:
Hi all

In 87 I was staying for a weekend with my then girlfriend, now wife, in Hastings and found a thrift shop selling all sorts, he had quite a few bits of Star Wars toys, including loose and carded figures and boxed ships. I broke my cherry buying a carded ESB Han Bespin for £15. I went back a few times that weekend and bought more.

Over the next few years I went on the hunt, initially at toy fairs, which at that time had just the odd Star Wars bit and were mostly trains and toy soldier kind of places. I met an old guy at one who was a train dealer that had a 12 back Palitoy Vader on his stall, he let me have it for £10. Turned out he had more so I followed him to every fair he did and pestered him, getting quite a few Palitoy first 20's from him for a tenner a pop.

Around 88-89 the scene blew up and science fiction specific toy fairs started to appear, I remember one having a complete set of carded figures for sale for £1800 and thinking you have no chance mate.

Sometime in the early 90's I drifted away having found Acid House and not long after I sold the majority of what I'd collected, half to a dealer but kept the good stuff and sold that later to a collector, it was great to see his eyes light up when he turned up. All i kept was my original stuff.

A few years later I woke up to my mistake and It has taken this long to start collecting again.

Gutted doesn't quite cut it. It was a nagging demon that wouldn't go away for many years.

But, I started again with Lego when my son got into it and gave me the bug. Then I started buying the Vintage collection stuff and got hooked on the Black Series figures, which are , let's face it, excellent.

Now I know it's frowned upon but I've since started to recard what is left of my original collection, figures display best on a card I think and these figures went through me and my son both and I'm enjoying cleaning them up and putting them back on the wall.

I'm still trying to work out how to post pictures, forums was always photobucket but that doesn't work any more. I'll try and get some pictures of what I had and what I have up soon, Watch this space.
Welcome Bob.
Great introduction.
Posting pictures is easy, below this text box are two tabs, one is in blue which says "attachments".
Click that, select "add files" and then chose pictures from your library.😀
There's nothing about recards frowned about here as long as the parts are original, in fact it's encouraged to bring these toys back to life.
And yes we've all made the mistake of selling and then regretting it...

Pomse2001

Grand Master
tusken1 said:
Hi everyone,

Would like to introduce myself, my name is Alan and like a lot of others I fell in love with Star Wars as a kid, I had all the palitoy first 20 figures back in the day

I ofcourse played with them , ripped open all the bubbles with anticipation.

I decided to join this forum as I have started collecting again, For me the palitoy range is the one for me and whilst reading this forum over the last few years I decided I would take the plunge and join.

I would love to try and complete the Palitoy first 12 to start with and perhapes see if it's possible to collect the first 20 further down the line.

So far I have managed to obtain Palitoy 12a and 12b vader, 12b r2D2, 12b C3PO, 12B Death Squad Commander and 12b Sandepeople moc's.

Also managed to get hold of the Palitoy Landspeeder and Vader's Tie Fighter so my collection is quite small atm.

Anyway thought I would say hello to you all and hope everyone is safe and well during these strange times we find ourselves in.

Heres some pics I took earlier of my collection.

Cheers Alan

IMG_1912.JPG
IMG_1914.JPG
IMG_1917 2.JPG
IMG_1918.JPG
IMG_1921.JPG

Hi alan welcome to the forum and what a cool collection you have :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Bob_Acid said:
Hi all

Welcome to the forum bob and thanks for sharing your story :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Bob_Acid said:
What I have now...luckily the wife is sympathetic

Great collection that you had in the 80s and you also today have a great collection, thanks mate for sharing it with us :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom