SWTOTW, Week 28, 2020 Creature Cantina Action Playset

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
I am sure that you have them all prepared :lol:

Surprisingly, no I don't. I prepared this Cantina one after doing similar comparison posts for the 2 Droid Factories and 2 Land of the Jawas playsets. I wanted the Cantina comparison post to be in the same format, so I did this one early, but usually I do my TOTW posts when I find out what you've chosen for the new one. That's why I sometimes post on Monday; it means I haven't had time to do it on Sunday :)

Thanks mate for give us the update, I was so sure about that you have done them a long time ago since you are so fast to share all this great info, how do you do it in only one day ? :shock:

I do have my entire collection photographed already, so I don't usually need to take new pictures. However, I do still have to select the best images to post because I took multiple photos of each item; front and rear group shots of variants of the same figure, front and rear close-ups in smaller groups, plus [in most cases, but not usually if it involves undressing the figures] close-ups of the COO's (for you!). I needed multiple images of each category as my camera is good at taking pictures which look fine on its own tiny screen, but which can still be blurred when viewed on my PC's monitor, so to guard against needing to retake more photos (which I still had to do in multiple cases), I typically took 4 or 5 photos of each of the categories (front and rear group shots, etc.), for each and every toy (and yes that did take absolutely ages! :lol:).

Having selected the best images, I then have to drag them through Photoshop, cropping and brightening the pictures (because they can be quite dark), and sometimes also adjusting the colours themselves because once again, good though my camera is, it's not perfect, and it has a nasty habit of producing inconsistent colours. Because I want the images to be consistent with one another, as well as being a fair representation of how the colours actually look on the toy, I sometimes have to muck about with the box of tricks available in Photoshop to get the images right. Lastly, I reduce the image size in Photoshop down to 1000 pixels wide for most images, since SWFUK doesn't like massive image files and reduces both the file and image size anyway (so I might as well do it since I have more control over it). I then rename and usually number the files I'm going to upload to make life easier. I then post a reply in the TOTW thread, spouting something hopefully relevant about the toy which at least one or two readers might find interesting, and then add the pictures.

If it's a figure like Wicket where I only have a couple of loose figure variants and no MOCs, the whole process takes about 15 minutes from start to finish. If it's Luke Bespin, I'll be there for a couple of hours...

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Surprisingly, no I don't. I prepared this Cantina one after doing similar comparison posts for the 2 Droid Factories and 2 Land of the Jawas playsets. I wanted the Cantina comparison post to be in the same format, so I did this one early, but usually I do my TOTW posts when I find out what you've chosen for the new one. That's why I sometimes post on Monday; it means I haven't had time to do it on Sunday :)

Thanks mate for give us the update, I was so sure about that you have done them a long time ago since you are so fast to share all this great info, how do you do it in only one day ? :shock:

I do have my entire collection photographed already, so I don't usually need to take new pictures. However, I do still have to select the best images to post because I took multiple photos of each item; front and rear group shots of variants of the same figure, front and rear close-ups in smaller groups, plus [in most cases, but not usually if it involves undressing the figures] close-ups of the COO's (for you!). I needed multiple images of each category as my camera is good at taking pictures which look fine on its own tiny screen, but which can still be blurred when viewed on my PC's monitor, so to guard against needing to retake more photos (which I still had to do in multiple cases), I typically took 4 or 5 photos of each of the categories (front and rear group shots, etc.), for each and every toy (and yes that did take absolutely ages! :lol:).

Having selected the best images, I then have to drag them through Photoshop, cropping and brightening the pictures (because they can be quite dark), and sometimes also adjusting the colours themselves because once again, good though my camera is, it's not perfect, and it has a nasty habit of producing inconsistent colours. Because I want the images to be consistent with one another, as well as being a fair representation of how the colours actually look on the toy, I sometimes have to muck about with the box of tricks available in Photoshop to get the images right. Lastly, I reduce the image size in Photoshop down to 1000 pixels wide for most images, since SWFUK doesn't like massive image files and reduces both the file and image size anyway (so I might as well do it since I have more control over it). I then rename and usually number the files I'm going to upload to make life easier. I then post a reply in the TOTW thread, spouting something hopefully relevant about the toy which at least one or two readers might find interesting, and then add the pictures.

If it's a figure like Wicket where I only have a couple of loose figure variants and no MOCs, the whole process takes about 15 minutes from start to finish. If it's Luke Bespin, I'll be there for a couple of hours...

Amazing, I need more than ½ hour maybe 1 hour to make my post if it is figures :lol: Thanks for the info about how you do it :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom