Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
welshwookie
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Post by welshwookie »

Thanks all, very pleased with it. :D

ScruffyLookingNH
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by ScruffyLookingNH »

AT-AT is always a great item, love.

There were some lovely Forest Rangers at the last C&T auction. Scary prices! Seen quite a few about in the last couple of months but it is most certainly on my wants list and that is a stunning example. Lovely addition :)

walkie
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by walkie »

NFS - Possibly one of the quirkiest pick ups in a long time which I thought was worth sharing....

I was lucky enough to recently purchase a small collection of star wars related ephemera which a lady had inherited from her late uncle. Within the collection of oddball paperwork was this pencilled vintage era comic adaptation for return of the jedi. Now her uncle isn't a know comic book artist (i've managed to turn up no info yet to say otherwise) and whilst the layout & artwork is totally different from the official marvel version the written dialogue does match the movie having checked several scenes. The comic is 68 pages long, but sadly 1 page is missing and a few have come loose from the front of the A4 note pad which still has an original price tag on the rear for 74p. Also included within the collection was a hand rendered logo and 2 pages for a comic adaptation of a new hope. So possibly there was 3 full strips or this was a work in progress of what could have been...??

Wanted: Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Meccano, Canadian Instruction Sheets, $$$ waiting!!

Visit My Vintage Paperwork Limelight Click Me!
The Glasslite Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me! & The Droids Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me!

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

walkie wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:53 pm
NFS - Possibly one of the quirkiest pick ups in a long time which I thought was worth sharing....

I was lucky enough to recently purchase a small collection of star wars related ephemera which a lady had inherited from her late uncle. Within the collection of oddball paperwork was this pencilled vintage era comic adaptation for return of the jedi. Now her uncle isn't a know comic book artist (i've managed to turn up no info yet to say otherwise) and whilst the layout & artwork is totally different from the official marvel version the written dialogue does match the movie having checked several scenes. The comic is 68 pages long, but sadly 1 page is missing and a few have come loose from the front of the A4 note pad which still has an original price tag on the rear for 74p. Also included within the collection was a hand rendered logo and 2 pages for a comic adaptation of a new hope. So possibly there was 3 full strips or this was a work in progress of what could have been...??

What a great find, absolutely love the art work. :D
Many thanks for sharing this.

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

walkie wrote:

That looks amazing! Thanks for sharing this gem :-)

walkie
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by walkie »

Snaketibe wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:13 pm

That looks amazing! Thanks for sharing this gem :-)
Thats only a sampler of the whole comic!!

Now if only I had the missing page would be be unethical to self publish a dead mans work??
Wanted: Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Meccano, Canadian Instruction Sheets, $$$ waiting!!

The Glasslite Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me! & The Droids Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me!

TheJabbaWookie
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by TheJabbaWookie »

That’s stunning. Pencil work is awesome.

Ruby2511
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Ruby2511 »

walkie wrote:

Nice find, looks like he was a very talented man, thanks for sharing
Hi i'm Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Alisdairmac
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Alisdairmac »

walkie wrote:

That's a great find. Perhaps you could find someone who could recreate the missing page in a similar style?

walkie
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by walkie »

Alisdairmac wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:42 pm

That's a great find. Perhaps you could find someone who could recreate the missing page in a similar style?
I was only thinking that myself the other day

MrGudz
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by MrGudz »

A few new additions picked up over the last few months - apologies for the poor pictures - beautifully enhanced by some GW Acrylic.
D88774FC-4FC7-490F-8F77-9E20659E8A28.jpeg
D88774FC-4FC7-490F-8F77-9E20659E8A28.jpeg (230.54 KiB) Viewed 356 times
AEA6B45A-89F5-423F-AC46-CF8DA969CDA9.jpeg
AEA6B45A-89F5-423F-AC46-CF8DA969CDA9.jpeg (227.64 KiB) Viewed 356 times
7E4E0D93-07F9-4C59-B3F5-4D88C73BE18C.jpeg
7E4E0D93-07F9-4C59-B3F5-4D88C73BE18C.jpeg (200.43 KiB) Viewed 356 times
“I like those odds...!!”

My Feedback http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=37054

Ruby2511
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Ruby2511 »

MrGudz wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:54 pm
A few new additions picked up over the last few months - apologies for the poor pictures - beautifully enhanced by some GW Acrylic.

D88774FC-4FC7-490F-8F77-9E20659E8A28.jpegAEA6B45A-89F5-423F-AC46-CF8DA969CDA9.jpeg7E4E0D93-07F9-4C59-B3F5-4D88C73BE18C.jpeg
Nice pick ups 👍😎🇬🇧
Hi i'm Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

chrisfnx
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by chrisfnx »

Some great items being picked up recently. I finally managed to get a dark brown hair Luke for a decent price. Quite difficult to find in ok condition
Attachments
9A352A14-938B-4B03-A765-B481A7CD9A11.jpeg
9A352A14-938B-4B03-A765-B481A7CD9A11.jpeg (148.3 KiB) Viewed 308 times

acrescape
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by acrescape »

MrGudz wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:54 pm

D88774FC-4FC7-490F-8F77-9E20659E8A28.jpegAEA6B45A-89F5-423F-AC46-CF8DA969CDA9.jpeg7E4E0D93-07F9-4C59-B3F5-4D88C73BE18C.jpeg
Great additions. I agree on the cases. Class

BruceW
Regular
Regular

Post by BruceW »

After months of abstaining from making expensive purchases, this came across my path and I couldn't pass it up.
Been really wanting an example of this MOC for quite a while, a Palitoy 45 C Princess Leia Organa!
Pali45a.jpg
Pali45a.jpg (50.7 KiB) Viewed 224 times
Pali45b.jpg
Pali45b.jpg (67.37 KiB) Viewed 224 times
The card is slightly curved, with a small pinch on one corner of the bubble, other than that she looks great. I love seeing this figure on a ROTJ card with a CLEAR BUBBLE! She looks absolutely amazing to me.
Pop her in a GW Acrylic case and she looks even better!
Pali45cased.jpg
Pali45cased.jpg (62.72 KiB) Viewed 224 times
:D

Cheers to all!
Bruce
Last edited by BruceW on Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.