Attachments

• 20200707_193044.jpg
    20200707_193044.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 754

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
AT-AT is always a great item, love.

There were some lovely Forest Rangers at the last C&T auction. Scary prices! Seen quite a few about in the last couple of months but it is most certainly on my wants list and that is a stunning example. Lovely addition :)

walkie

Sith Lord
NFS - Possibly one of the quirkiest pick ups in a long time which I thought was worth sharing....

I was lucky enough to recently purchase a small collection of star wars related ephemera which a lady had inherited from her late uncle. Within the collection of oddball paperwork was this pencilled vintage era comic adaptation for return of the jedi. Now her uncle isn't a know comic book artist (i've managed to turn up no info yet to say otherwise) and whilst the layout & artwork is totally different from the official marvel version the written dialogue does match the movie having checked several scenes. The comic is 68 pages long, but sadly 1 page is missing and a few have come loose from the front of the A4 note pad which still has an original price tag on the rear for 74p. Also included within the collection was a hand rendered logo and 2 pages for a comic adaptation of a new hope. So possibly there was 3 full strips or this was a work in progress of what could have been...??

hcPpc2k.jpg

E6ggraX.jpg

jalyRZQ.jpg

zvYJczJ.jpg

An5ivxw.jpg

EhzdCi0.jpg

V1UT1Oe.jpg

kSilMRf.jpg

JB6X6XV.jpg

QeP0fTl.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
walkie said:
NFS - Possibly one of the quirkiest pick ups in a long time which I thought was worth sharing....

I was lucky enough to recently purchase a small collection of star wars related ephemera which a lady had inherited from her late uncle. Within the collection of oddball paperwork was this pencilled vintage era comic adaptation for return of the jedi. Now her uncle isn't a know comic book artist (i've managed to turn up no info yet to say otherwise) and whilst the layout & artwork is totally different from the official marvel version the written dialogue does match the movie having checked several scenes. The comic is 68 pages long, but sadly 1 page is missing and a few have come loose from the front of the A4 note pad which still has an original price tag on the rear for 74p. Also included within the collection was a hand rendered logo and 2 pages for a comic adaptation of a new hope. So possibly there was 3 full strips or this was a work in progress of what could have been...??

hcPpc2k.jpg

E6ggraX.jpg

jalyRZQ.jpg

zvYJczJ.jpg

An5ivxw.jpg

EhzdCi0.jpg

V1UT1Oe.jpg

kSilMRf.jpg

JB6X6XV.jpg

QeP0fTl.jpg

What a great find, absolutely love the art work. :D
Many thanks for sharing this.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
walkie said:

That looks amazing! Thanks for sharing this gem :)

walkie

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
That looks amazing! Thanks for sharing this gem :)

Thats only a sampler of the whole comic!!

Now if only I had the missing page would be be unethical to self publish a dead mans work??

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
walkie said:

hcPpc2k.jpg

E6ggraX.jpg

jalyRZQ.jpg

zvYJczJ.jpg

An5ivxw.jpg

EhzdCi0.jpg

V1UT1Oe.jpg

kSilMRf.jpg

JB6X6XV.jpg

QeP0fTl.jpg

Nice find, looks like he was a very talented man, thanks for sharing

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
walkie said:

That's a great find. Perhaps you could find someone who could recreate the missing page in a similar style?

walkie

Sith Lord
Alisdairmac said:
That's a great find. Perhaps you could find someone who could recreate the missing page in a similar style?

I was only thinking that myself the other day

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
MrGudz said:
A few new additions picked up over the last few months - apologies for the poor pictures - beautifully enhanced by some GW Acrylic.

D88774FC-4FC7-490F-8F77-9E20659E8A28.jpegAEA6B45A-89F5-423F-AC46-CF8DA969CDA9.jpeg7E4E0D93-07F9-4C59-B3F5-4D88C73BE18C.jpeg

Nice pick ups 👍😎🇬🇧

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
Some great items being picked up recently. I finally managed to get a dark brown hair Luke for a decent price. Quite difficult to find in ok condition

Attachments

• 9A352A14-938B-4B03-A765-B481A7CD9A11.jpeg
    9A352A14-938B-4B03-A765-B481A7CD9A11.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 804

acrescape

Youngling
Supporter
MrGudz said:
A few new additions picked up over the last few months - apologies for the poor pictures - beautifully enhanced by some GW Acrylic.

D88774FC-4FC7-490F-8F77-9E20659E8A28.jpegAEA6B45A-89F5-423F-AC46-CF8DA969CDA9.jpeg7E4E0D93-07F9-4C59-B3F5-4D88C73BE18C.jpeg

Great additions. I agree on the cases. Class

BruceW

Padawan
After months of abstaining from making expensive purchases, this came across my path and I couldn't pass it up.
Been really wanting an example of this MOC for quite a while, a Palitoy 45 C Princess Leia Organa!

Pali45a.jpg

Pali45b.jpg

The card is slightly curved, with a small pinch on one corner of the bubble, other than that she looks great. I love seeing this figure on a ROTJ card with a CLEAR BUBBLE! She looks absolutely amazing to me.
Pop her in a GW Acrylic case and she looks even better!

Pali45cased.jpg

:D

Cheers to all!
Bruce

Latest posts

Top Bottom