SWTOTW, Week 34, 2020 Princess Leia Organa (Combat Poncho)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Princess Leia Organa (Combat Poncho):

leia.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Princess Leia Organa (in Combat Poncho). A long name for a good figure. As stated in the Yoda thread, this figure jointly holds the record for coming with the most accessories alongside Yoda and Squid Head, with four. That's actually very good value for a Star Wars figure, and what's even better, they're all relevant and sensible... even necessary! Unlike the frankly feeble Luke Skywalker (in Battle Poncho) - I'm not quite sure why Luke's poncho is good for battles, but Leia's is only suitable for combat, but I digress - Leia's helmet is removable, and she's all the better for it! The poncho itself and belt work well together too, and the gun is correct. Splendid stuff!

Like most figures, there are a few variants to be found with this one, with the main two seeming to be similar, but differing sculpts most easily distinguished by the width of her head... Or fat and thin head, if you prefer! The torso sculpts are also different to one another, but if she's wearing her poncho you won't be seeing much of that!

However, if you're after something a little more exotic, there's also the Lili Ledy variants. There's at least two of those to be found, and again they are similar, although one comes with a grey Leia blaster, whilst the other comes with a more familiar (but still incorrect for this character!) blue Leia blaster. The poncho is a very different shade of yellow / green on the Lili Ledy figures too (and I believe the two different Lili Ledy variants I've seen come with slightly different shades of yellow / green poncho to one another, albeit both are still very different to the Kenner versions). What many collectors might not know however is that the Lili Ledy poncho is not just a different shade, it also comes with no arm holes! Unlike the Kenner ponchos where you can slip Leia's arms through the holes like sleeves to have a better fit (and to allow her to have her poncho tucked into her belt yet still raise her arm to fire her blaster), the lili Ledy one has no such convenience. Instead, if you want her poncho neatly tucked into her belt, you're pretty much forced to display her with her arms by her sides, as she certainly won't be raising her blaster to shoot any stormtroopers any time soon! :lol:

Anyway, here are my three, including my Lili Ledy. Sorry, I forgot to take close-ups of the COO's with this figure, but to compensate I'm including some extra shots of the Ledy variant.

EDIT 04/05/23: I'm not sure whether anyone will ever read this edit, however for my own sake, I feel compelled to point out and correct my own error above. The holes in the Kenner ponchos are of course for the belt to go through, not Leia's arms :). The one shown on the left below was bought in the 90's by me and had Leia's arms inserted through the belt holes, and I (perhaps foolishly) thought that was how she was supposed to wear the poncho! I never even noticed that when I bought the one in the middle below, the belt was correctly going through the poncho holes rather than the figure's arms, so that's nought out of ten for observation by me!

Anyway, my correction is ridiculously late, but hopefully still better than never making it at all ;). To compensate, I will add a photo of the other Ledy variant to the end of this thread, since I now own one. The poncho on that variant is indeed a lighter green... so much so it's practically yellow!

Combat Carrie - 01.jpg

Combat Carrie - 02.jpg

Combat Carrie - 03.jpg

Combat Carrie - 04.jpg

Combat Carrie - 05.jpg

Combat Carrie - 06.jpg

Combat Carrie - 07.jpg

Last edited:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks for sharing your three Leia's.
I've never seen a LL one before, and even to a non varient collector like me the different accessories are very noticeable.
Are the belt and weapon unique to LL for her as well?
And I assume that the COO is different on the actual figure?
I assume that these difficult/expensive to pick up?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Thanks for sharing your three Leia's.
I've never seen a LL one before, and even to a non varient collector like me the different accessories are very noticeable.
Are the belt and weapon unique to LL for her as well?
And I assume that the COO is different on the actual figure?
I assume that these difficult/expensive to pick up?

The Lili Ledy accessories are indeed unique to this variant. The helmet is a slightly darker shade of brown and also has slightly darker green paint. It's also, if memory serves, a very tight fit, at least on my example. The belt is a different shade of black, but I haven't done a side-by-side comparison on the sculpt to see if there are any differences there. I am told the Leia blaster is unique (the grey version obviously is, of course!), but my one does appear to be a V3 sculpt, albeit possibly in a slightly more matte finish than my other Leia blasters.

I will photograph the COO's later, time permitting, so everyone can see them, as off the top of my head I'm not sure of any differences. I do know my LL version has a fat head rather than a thin head.

As for difficulty and expense in picking them up, they aren't that hard to find on eBay if you're patient, albeit mint ones are of course less common, however as with all rarer variants, you should expect to pay a fair bit for a complete one. It's not burgundy cape Squid Head money, but it's certainly not beater Klaatu cash either :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
This is a pretty good figure with lots of accessories. Certainly better than Luke Poncho. Here's mine.

and a nice mint figure it is, thanks for sharing this beautiful figure with us :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Princess Leia Organa (in Combat Poncho). A long name for a good figure. As stated in the Yoda thread, this figure jointly holds the record for coming with the most accessories alongside Yoda and Squid Head, with four. That's actually very good value for a Star Wars figure, and what's even better, they're all relevant and sensible... even necessary! Unlike the frankly feeble Luke Skywalker (in Battle Poncho) - I'm not quite sure why Luke's poncho is good for battles, but Leia's is only suitable for combat, but I digress - Leia's helmet is removable, and she's all the better for it! The poncho itself and belt work well together too, and the gun is correct. Splendid stuff!

Like most figures, there are a few variants to be found with this one, with the main two seeming to be similar, but differing sculpts most easily distinguished by the width of her head... Or fat and thin head, if you prefer! The torso sculpts are also different to one another, but if she's wearing her poncho you won't be seeing much of that!

However, if you're after something a little more exotic, there's also the Lili Ledy variants. There's at least two of those to be found, and again they are similar, although one comes with a grey Leia blaster, whilst the other comes with a more familiar (but still incorrect for this character!) blue Leia blaster. The poncho is a very different shade of yellow / green on the Lili Ledy figures too (and I believe the two different Lili Ledy variants I've seen come with slightly different shades of yellow / green poncho to one another, albeit both are still very different to the Kenner versions). What many collectors might not know however is that the Lili Ledy poncho is not just a different shade, it also comes with no arm holes! Unlike the Kenner ponchos where you can slip Leia's arms through the holes like sleeves to have a better fit (and to allow her to have her poncho tucked into her belt yet still raise her arm to fire her blaster), the lili Ledy one has no such convenience. Instead, if you want her poncho neatly tucked into her belt, you're pretty much forced to display her with her arms by her sides, as she certainly won't be raising her blaster to shoot any stormtroopers any time soon! :lol:

Anyway, here are my three, including my Lili Ledy. Sorry, I forgot to take close-ups of the COO's with this figure, but to compensate I'm including some extra shots of the Ledy variant.

Combat Carrie - 01.jpg

Combat Carrie - 02.jpg

Combat Carrie - 03.jpg

Combat Carrie - 04.jpg

Combat Carrie - 05.jpg

Combat Carrie - 06.jpg

Combat Carrie - 07.jpg

Awesome collection of variants 8) Thanks for sharing them they look fantastic, love the lili ledy 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

As threatened, here are the COO close-ups. Apologies for the late delivery / posting... Busy, busy, busy! :roll: :lol:

I have taken these new photos with the figures arranged in the same left to right order as shown in my other photos above. However, since the black on black can make it difficult to actually see the COO clearly on the middle Leia, I've also done a second pair of images, but this time subtly tweaked them in Photoshop to show the COO's more clearly... See if you can spot the difference! :lol:

Lastly, in answer to Nick's (Mini99) question, the Lili Ledy Leia would appear to have a very similar COO to the regular 'fat head' Kenner version... at least according to my eyes, but then again, I wear glasses so what do I know? :lol:

Combat Leia - COO's - 01.jpg

Combat Leia - COO's - 02.jpg

Combat Leia - COO's - 01 - More Betta, Na'mi.jpg

Combat Leia - COO's - 02 - More Betta, Na'mi.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

As threatened, here are the COO close-ups. Apologies for the late delivery / posting... Busy, busy, busy! :roll: :lol:

I have taken these new photos with the figures arranged in the same left to right order as shown in my other photos above. However, since the black on black can make it difficult to actually see the COO clearly on the middle Leia, I've also done a second pair of images, but this time subtly tweaked them in Photoshop to show the COO's more clearly... See if you can spot the difference! :lol:

Lastly, in answer to Nick's (@Mini99) question, the Lili Ledy Leia would appear to have a very similar COO to the regular 'fat head' Kenner version... at least according to my eyes, but then again, I wear glasses so what do I know? :lol:

Combat Leia - COO's - 01.jpg

Combat Leia - COO's - 02.jpg

Combat Leia - COO's - 01 - More Betta, Na'mi.jpg

Combat Leia - COO's - 02 - More Betta, Na'mi.jpg

Thanks mate for the extra photos :wink:

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Another great figure. I think the number of accessories make this one of the best.

Attachments

• IMG_20200905_183113.jpg
    IMG_20200905_183113.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 552

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
A quick update to add the other Lili Ledy variant. This one comes with an even lighter yellow / green poncho and a grey Leia blaster :)

Lili Ledy Leia 02.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom