Generation Skywalker

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
facebook.jpg

***** NEW SHOW LIVE *****

The Modern Way - Episode III

The third edition of 'The Modern Way' drops with a whole host of topics since the last show.

The team settle down to discuss the new packaging for the Black Series 6" range, and everyone seems to be in awe of the new design.

They also close out the Probe Droid discussion which has been discussed since we started 'The Modern Way' as we compare the Black Series version to the Disney Elite.

With Mark getting heavily involved with modern these days, his new purchase of a Black Series Boba Fett helmet sparks a look at the Black Series Helmet range.

Stuart is joined by Christopher Cooke to look at The Vintage Collection petition which is gathering pace, check out the link below to find out more;
https://www.change.org/p/hasbro-petition-for-hasbro-to-make-more-new-3-75-star-wars-vintage-collection-figures-per-year-8d6de221-188f-4b88-99e8-4ea6c7fdab6a

As well as all this the team look at new announcements since the last show, including another Carbonized figure to Marks delight, this time a Darth Vader with a blue rinse! As well as a new The Child Monopoly set. The team also delve into Princess Leia Organa in her white gown as they all pick their favourite adaptation of the figure.

All this plus much more

Enjoy the Show!

We Are Generation Skywalker!

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-i8eqs-dfeef2

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
***** NEW SHOW LIVE ******

Podbean.jpg

THOSE OLD FOSSILS - EPISODE IV

Generation Skywalker welcome Stephen Savory as guest to this months 'Those Old Fossils' show as he joins Craig, Jez, Mark and Stuart to discuss the joys of vintage.

On the table for discussion this month is pack-in toy catalogues, posters, instructions etc. We look at the category system drawn up by Yehuda as well as debating whether a boxed toy is complete without the catalogue and other paperwork that would have been originally included.

Edd Grant off Star Wars Forum UK started an interesting topic thread the other day as he asked about competition etiquette and whether if you research a certain topic you should have first refusal on items that come up for sale with regards to the research. An interesting topic which the team all fall into the same opinion of.

We take a look at the aftermath of Toy Toni and Baggiegate. Toy Toni happened way back in 2013, whilst Baggiegate was more recent in 2017. The lads discuss what effect it has had on the Palitoy and Baggie markets as well as debating other points on both scandals.

The Generation Skywalker team then also discuss 'The Fans Strike Back' who pledged money towards an upcoming book kickstarter. With the sight producing and selling reproduction items we delve into the morals of accepting such money to fund a current project.

The final topic for the month is lighthearted as the boys throw toys into the hat for the most confusing vintage item. From figures and weapons to vehicles and talking figures, the lads are confused by a few vintage concepts.

All this plus much more on this months 'Those Old Fossils' podcast.

Enjoy the show!

We Are Generation Skywalker!!!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Enjoyed this one, nice to hear Steve back on the 'airwaves' after his collecting hiatus. It was interesting to hear you guys discuss my etiquette post, of course I'm not expecting anyone except close friends to form an orderly queue. I'm sure we've all felt miffed when we've missed out on a key piece before. And I still strongly believe a few 'deep pocket collectors' have recently driven up prices on certain items way beyond what most people would consider reasonable. It would be interesting to see the bidding data on Vectis to see if it was just two people competing, if so one of them stepping aside could have saved a fellow collector thousands of pounds. Instead it ended up costing them thousands.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Enjoyed this one, nice to hear Steve back on the 'airwaves' after his collecting hiatus. It was interesting to hear you guys discuss my etiquette post, of course I'm not expecting anyone except close friends to form an orderly queue. I'm sure we've all felt miffed when we've missed out on a key piece before. And I still strongly believe a few 'deep pocket collectors' have recently driven up prices on certain items way beyond what most people would consider reasonable. It would be interesting to see the bidding data on Vectis to see if it was just two people competing, if so one of them stepping aside could have saved a fellow collector thousands of pounds. Instead it ended up costing them thousands.

I do agree mate, Jon (palitoyjunky ) made a great post about exactly that over on our Facebook page about this exact thing happening to him at recent Vectis auction for the Palitoy Luke X-Wing. Sadly it doesn't seem to work like that does it and it's very dog eat dog when it comes to acquiring pieces.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks Stu, I hadn't seen Jon's post on your page. Just read it and it completely understand his position. I'd just like to make it clear that my etiquette post was not about either the 45 or 65 back Luke's, both were way out of my league price wise and as I said in another post I've only been doing my Luke X-Wing focus for a couple of years so feel absolutely no entitlement to any LXW pieces that come up. I was referring to a couple of trilogo bubble Jedi cards that have come up recently.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
Enhanced version of the latest show 'Those Old Fossils' is now available on youtube

[youtube]wegWEotXvmI[/youtube]

Brilliant 👍😎

When is the limited space collections offering being broadcast?

Cheers Russ

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Ruby2511 said:
Stuart Skinner said:
Enhanced version of the latest show 'Those Old Fossils' is now available on youtube

[youtube]wegWEotXvmI[/youtube]

Brilliant 👍😎

When is the limited space collections offering being broadcast?

Cheers Russ

Being worked on now mate, taking a little longer to collate everything together but hopefully not too much longer

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
* * * * * * * * * * NEW SHOW LIVE * * * * * * * * * *

Facebook.jpg

THE DIECAST : PART 2

The second part of the six part Diecast series, sees Stuart joined by Josh Blake to discuss the world of the Micro Collection from 1982.

Josh's knowledge on the subject makes for a fascinating listen with so information to ingest. Josh takes us through a whole host of Micro Collection topics, from his love for preproduction items in the range to customs and scandals. We take a look at the production pieces and also unproduced pieces that were planned or just mere concepts

So much to take in on this show, so buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Check out the facebook page that Josh runs on the Micro Collection too and join in the conversation.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KennerStarWarsMicroCollection/about

Enjoy the show!

We are Generation Skywalker!!!

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-dws7g-e48cfc

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/generation-skywalker/id1502895941#episodeGuid=generationskywalker.podbean.com%2Fc005069c-e065-3f2c-9b89-b426c73cc5c4

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
[youtube]vII9DgrGiaQ[/youtube]

Visual guide of the latest Diecast episode, full of images this one as Josh covers so many topics in so much depth, worth checking out in this format if the Micro Collection floats your boat.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord

podbean.jpg

THE MODERN WAY - EPISODE IV

On this months 'The Modern Way' there is mixed feelings towards the pieces discussed.

One thing that is unanimously loved however is Tiki Mugs, as Craig takes us through the history of Tiki and how we ended up with Star Wars themed Tiki mugs and other apparel. It's loved so much there's even a live purchase during the topic.

The loving doesn't flow throughout the whole show though when the team discuss the new Vintage Collection Carbon freezing Chamber, in fact it leaves the team cold (get it, freeze chamber, cold, I'm so funny!)

We take a look at the Vader and Luke Hyper Real figures as well as delving into new announcements for Black Series, Vintage Collection, Galaxy's Edge inspired toys and the beautiful Hot Wheels Dagobah X-wing.

We look at our favourite Han Bespin molds through the ages before Jez reveals to the lads that he wants to be known as Mr Loverman from now on!
All this and plenty more from this months 'The Modern Way'.

Enjoy the show.

We are Generation Skywalker!

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-cccbr-e5e24b

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/generation-skywalker/id1502895941#episodeGuid=generationskywalker.podbean.com%2F2efe6b90-e062-3f2c-b696-06a1b23ffc5d

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Be sure to check out Craig's latest blog post over on our website. I never fancied the Tiki mugs until Craig covered it on the latest show and this blog, for me, is his best to date, and I ended up buying one during the show and am seriously considering a Tiki bar as part of my garage conversion.

https://generationskywalker.com/f/luau-skywalker

Blog Post.jpg

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord

Facebook.jpg

Hitting Your Target (The Running Stormtrooper Podcast

Generation Skywalker urge you to listen to this very special standalone podcast episode which we're delighted to be part of.

Since February, Jez and Stuart have been producing a short (35-50 minute) monthly Running Stormtrooper Podcast. An easily listening fresh podcast aimed at sharing some positivity and hopefully some fun. It's family friendly and of interest to everyone; runners, Star Wars fans, would-be charity fundraisers or people bored of negativity and in need of A NEW HOPE.

We've offered to add their latest episode onto our platform as we think it's so good it needs to be listened to by as many people as possible.

You'll see near the end of the episode exactly how important this is to the lads and we're sure that you'll agree that we've done the right thing by sharing this with you.

If you do anything today, do it whilst listening to this episode. MTFBWY.

Enjoy the show.

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-pbe9n-e86092

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
+++++ NEW SHOW LIVE *****

Facebook.jpg

Book Month Prologue

Generation Skywalker invites you to embrace the written word this September as we delve into book month.

On this prologue show Jez, Craig, Daniel and Stuart introduce what is to come this September from Generation Skywalker and celebrate the vast array of books in the Star Wars universe.

Each host brings to the table their favourite book as we open up a busy month of podcasting!!!

Enjoy the show.

We Are Generation Skywalker!

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
********** NEW SHOW LIVE **********

Facebook.jpg

THE THRAWN TRILOGY

It's five years after Return of the Jedi: the Rebel Alliance has destroyed the Death Star, defeated Darth Vader and the Emperor, and driven the remnants of the old Imperial Starfleet to a distant corner of the galaxy. Princess Leia and Han Solo are married and expecting Jedi twins. And Luke Skywalker has become the first in a long-awaited line of Jedi Knights.

In 1991, Star Wars boomed back into fans lives with the release of the Timothy Zahn novel, Heir To The Empire. It began the start of a trilogy of books, affectionately known as 'The Thrawn Trilogy'. Stuart and Craig are joined by Mark Mulcaster and Mark Newbold for a roundtable to discuss this trilogy and the impact it had on the Star Wars Universe. Join us as we reminisce about characters old and new, a plot which perhaps should have been the sequel trilogy on screen and just how much these books changed the Star Wars landscape.

Enjoy the show.

We Are Generation Skywalker!!!

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
********** NEW SHOW LIVE **********

Facebook.jpg

My Expanded Universe : Richard Hutchinson

Joining Craig and Stuart on Generation Skywalker's Book Month is Star Wars fanatic, blogger and podcaster Richard Hutchinson Richard_H .

Rich is a huge Expanded Universe fan and chooses his five favourite EU books and why they mean the most to him, as well as explaining why he is so invested in the literature of Star Wars.

Enjoy the show.

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-nd24q-eab5ec

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom