Unknown PBP Vader Cape Variant

Mulbin

Padawan
Hi all,

I have a PBP Vader (scarred coo) with an unusual cape I'm having trouble identifying. On one side it has exactly the same texture you get on the BACK of the common "leather" cape...sort of a much finer leather-like vertical texture, with faint horizintal banding...

so far so good, perfect textbook PBP cape!

It also has the nick out of the front edge, right where it should be.

Perfect!... but on the reverse of the cape, where I would usually expect to see the heavier leather texture, its just not there. Instead it has an almost matt, slightly rough texture, with no pattern at all.

I'm convinced this is genuine as I know the original owner (based in the UK, so this is likely to have come on a palitoy or trilogo card originally - unless a holiday purchase). And no repro would have such a perfect replica of the vertical texture with horizontal banding....and then forgoet to fake the other side!

Can anyone tell me what variant this is? And if it has a name in collecting circles?

Qtp68wg.jpg

pRNT08D.jpg

ZDy4dLZ.jpg

zeTwQ3U.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mulbin said:
Hi all,

I have a PBP Vader (scarred coo) with an unusual cape I'm having trouble identifying. On one side it has exactly the same texture you get on the BACK of the common "leather" cape...sort of a much finer leather-like vertical texture, with faint horizintal banding...

so far so good, perfect textbook PBP cape!

It also has the nick out of the front edge, right where it should be.

Perfect!... but on the reverse of the cape, where I would usually expect to see the heavier leather texture, its just not there. Instead it has an almost matt, slightly rough texture, with no pattern at all.

I'm convinced this is genuine as I know the original owner (based in the UK, so this is likely to have come on a palitoy or trilogo card originally - unless a holiday purchase). And no repro would have such a perfect replica of the vertical texture with horizontal banding....and then forgoet to fake the other side!

Can anyone tell me what variant this is? And if it has a name in collecting circles?

Good question, it has been a while since I have had my vader figures out. But as I remember it there are different PBP vader capes, I have to check mine before I can help more. But I think it is just called a PBP figure :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom