The Listening Post.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Got a Zavvi shipping notice last night... Can only be the Falcon......

Have to keep an eye out for the 3pack pre-orders tomorrow.... In Demand Toys i hope will have them up.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Made it home, managed to snag a Black Series Hondo. I dont know a huge amount about him but hes one of those unique characters that I actually like the look of, couldn't care less if he turns out to be a rare figure later.

The three pack is up tomorrow monkey? :shock:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sundancer Squadron said:
Made it home, managed to snag a Black Series Hondo. I dont know a huge amount about him but hes one of those unique characters that I actually like the look of, couldn't care less if he turns out to be a rare figure later.

Me too, great looking figure.
I nearly went for the mountain trooper as well...but you must draw the line somewhere! :roll:

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
I was tempted to get one too but I thought no ill behave, as the Wompa, three pack and Endor stuff has still got to come up for pre order. :cry:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sundancer Squadron said:
I was tempted to get one too but I thought no ill behave, as the Wompa, three pack and Endor stuff has still got to come up for pre order. :cry:

Good point...really would like the Wampa.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Sundancer Squadron said:

Me too, great looking figure.
I nearly went for the mountain trooper as well...but you must draw the line somewhere! :roll:

I really like the look of the mountain trooper - it's got a bit of a Shoretrooper vibe about it.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Oh dont get me wrong, I think hes a cool looking design for sure. Ill probably cave and get one at some point, I'm just trying to limit myself to only a few randoms in the collection....Hondo ticks a few more boxes being an alien (we need more aliens), a bounty hunter and clone wars related plus the fact hes one of those odd ball unique characters so thats a bonus.

Knowing SAF, he will probably be here by Friday. I really cant wait for the Wampa though, and i'm really hoping we get a yet another Luke in his snow gear.

I know a few of you are into Hot Toys/Sideshow stuff so if people are interested ill compile a list of shiny things that are in the works, Id like the snow speeder Luke. This for me would be a grail for one reason, I was six or seven when I first discovered Star Wars and it was ESB. I managed to sneak downstairs in the middle of the night and switch the TV on and there he was, Luke. I didn't have a clue what I was watching but all I knew is It had me fixed wanted a snow speeder and pilot. :p :lol:

Hot Toys Clone Wars Maul anyone? You read it here first folks. :p

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I must admit I like a bit of Hot Toys myself. I'd like to blame Mr Skinner for his Hot Toys episode on Gen Skywalker!! I've currently got the Beskar armour Mando and Child set on pre order at the moment. I'm very tempted by that Luke as well. And the Boba Fett. The list goes on.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Seen a few pictures on Instagram of some future BS6 Mandalorian releases - The Armourer and Incinerator Stormtrooper. The Armourer looks great.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
One week to go then before I get two weeks off, and oh hell do I have a ton to catch up on. I like the Armourer though she does look a little bland, the incinerator does look cool though, ill be getting one of each for sure.

Going to be an expensive time for releases..... :roll: :lol:

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Now these look interesting, going to be a pain to get hold of in my opinion....I really like the aesthetic look of these, especially Cara Dune.
Now I know these wont be to everyones taste but having some variations and different looks I'M all for them. Imagine if these card backs had been used for the VC line. I'm also getting a power of the force feel to these with the coins, not a bad combination.

Unfortunately this is an Amazon exclusive :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Amazon
Black-Series-The-Mandalorian-Credit-Collection-Carded-Resized.jpg

Target
Black-Series-Cara-Dune-Credit-Collection-Carded-Resized.jpg

Game Stop
Black-Series-IG-11-Credit-Collection-Carded-Resized.jpg

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
They are now up for pre order on Star Action Figures and In Demand Toys...

Also forgot this big boy.
Best Buy exclusive
Black-Series-Heavy-Infantry-Trooper-Credit-Collection-Carded-Resized.jpg

Sadly this death trooper is also an Amazon exclusive, and unfortunately I really like this one..... :evil: :x
81PzGvJzm8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
My opinion on these? Honestly I am not normally one for repacks/repaints but I think they are rather smart looking. I think its the artwork itself and the vibe it gives off that pulls me to them, I have ordered one of each but will have to forget about Mando and the death trooper due to being Amazon exclusives. After returning three sets of 4-lom and Zucuss that arrived crushed and battered, I doubt ill try again. Hopefully they end up in some other retailers too.

Also available to those sticking to Vintage Collection, carbonised cardbacks are up for pre order too. These are not for me as they arnt much of a variant to warrant picking them up so thankfully an easy pass for me.

Oh and noticed this on Amazon whilst having a snoop for thingies.

61slScBljqL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I have to agree they look really nice. I didn't pick up Cara or IG-11 so I'm pleased they're being rereleased. I was incredibly lucky with my Amazon exclusives. I've recently picked up one of the McFarlane Toys' Batman figures - don't ask it was on a whim - for a tenner. It arrived in perfect condition.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just seen these on SAF and thankfully these are not for me.
I find the artistic style just not to my taste.
At least that leaves more for you guys. :D

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Kapow are offering some SDCC Cad Banes for pre order for sometime early October!

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/featured-homepage-products/star-wars-sdcc-cad-bane-todo-360-1-per-customer.html?fbclid=IwAR0bI_Yls_eW-z_ot9nm-sxoNU_-gKVnB3WIqh_yDUxxQJOFCnUREzGc_mo

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Just seen these on SAF and thankfully these are not for me.
I find the artistic style just not to my taste.
At least that leaves more for you guys. :D

Yes I have to admit, the style is an acquired taste. I'm intrigued though, did the carded 40th anniversary figures sell really well for them to warrant doing more? Regardless, i'm happy that those that missed out on Cara will get a chance of acquiring one and the same goes for IG-11. Its odd that IG-11 seems to of been really thin on the ground, and Cara seemed to me to be available for the longest yet both have become more difficult to obtain than the main man himself.

Good spot MrGudz, bit of an increase in price but its good to see some more will be available for those that missed out. Despite Kapow toys being around the corner from me, I have yet to ever buy anything from them though I do have a couple of pre orders now with them so hopefully the packaging is up there with SAF.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Good spot MrGudz, bit of an increase in price but its good to see some more will be available for those that missed out. Despite Kapow toys being around the corner from me, I have yet to ever buy anything from them though I do have a couple of pre orders now with them so hopefully the packaging is up there with SAF.

I've used them a lot and have never had a problem with them.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Mandalorian repaint exclusives are up for pre order on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-SW-MANDO-TROOPER/dp/B087YNXW7S

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-SW-MANDO-HUCK/dp/B084TKFJNF

Latest posts

Top Bottom